UConn v. Utah State Aggies @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/30/23 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Utah State Aggies @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/30/23 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
If we are getting aced out for transfers because of 40 or 50K in NIL then just close the doors and shut the lights. That's chump change. I guarantee that the G5 going rate is AT LEAST that but probably closer to double. Hell there are likely some FCS programs that will pay more. Power 5 guys that are in demand are getting anywhere from 150-500K and in certain cases upwards of a couple million bucks when you consider advertising/sponsorship deals. For example, I know for a fact that USC got the DT kid Bear Alexander from UGA 750,000 in endorsement up-fronts to join the Trojans.
I really believe that NIL will ensure that no one outside the P4 can compete for talent or ensure that your more talented players will stay to be developed with rare exception like a pre-B12 BYU with LDS support. I also don’t believe that there will be a meaningful and effective regulatory scheme for it even though the NIL regulations currently state that you can’t directly pay players or tie the NIL money to quid pro quo. I mean the SEC schools have decades of experience getting around those rules.

It’s really a very sad state of affairs and puts UConn (and a lot of other schools) in a crappy place.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Thanks for that updated depth chart @huskymedic. Makes me wonder though, if Mora had an inkling of Houston's impending portal entry, why even put him on the fist released depth chart this week?

Reaction Score
I hope this isn’t an Edsall situation where Mora/Charlton would rather lose than be proven wrong.
how is this acceptable?? How is Zion not starting I just don’t understand!!!!
Zion, last year, proved he is a decent passer. He also can run, which is sorely needed. I would start Zion, as his ability to run when under pressure is badly needed.

Reaction Score
I hope this isn’t an Edsall situation where Mora/Charlton would rather lose than be proven wrong.
Yeah or else we’re in for a long season. I’m just still shocked there haven’t been any shakeups to the depth chart. But I guess maybe our backups are really that bad.

Reaction Score
We are only favorite in the SHU game. UMass is a toss up. The only other winnable games (greater than 30 percent chance or greater of winning) is USU and USF. Need a win this weekend to have a chance at 4 wins season.
Great first post! You realize that they reevaluate these odds each week, and if we play better for two weeks it will all look different, right?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Does anyone think this game will be an improvement?
I learned as an undergrad the wonderful phrase “things are never so bad that they can’t get woist”. If they play better and win, yeah. If they suck an egg, well that’s still movement, albeit net negative. Either way, just please don’t be static.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom