UConn v. USF @ J.O.C. (Fri. 5/10 @ *3p*, *Sat. 5/11 > Double Header Gm 1 @ 11a/Gm 2 @ 2:45*) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn v. USF @ J.O.C. (Fri. 5/10 @ *3p*, *Sat. 5/11 > Double Header Gm 1 @ 11a/Gm 2 @ 2:45*)

Reaction Score
I get everybody’s frustration but we aren’t going to turn these game threads into a veritable circus and end up in the chat room format (which absolutely suck)... knock it off (please).

Have to agree with @huskymedic, nothing is going to be gained from turning this into a circus of hate.

Reaction Score
I get everybody’s frustration but we aren’t going to turn these game threads into a veritable circus and end up in the chat room format (which absolutely suck)... knock it off (please).
It was fine until the jackoff showed up and started the same crap he always does. He doesn't want to talk about baseball or critique it, he wants to take personal shots at posters. That's his game.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with @huskymedic, nothing is going to be gained from turning this into a circus of hate.

Who exactly has been hating? Sounds to me like valid criticism followed by some random, old poster complaining.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL. Perhaps you should visit the WBB board if you want some kumbaya.

That’s funny, I would think that the posters who have temper tantrums over every little imperfection are the ones who should be following the WBB team instead.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It was fine until the jackoff showed up and started the same crap he always does. He doesn't want to talk about baseball or critique it, he wants to take personal shots at posters. That's his game.

Considering how comfortable and wide-ranging the shots you take at the coaches and the players are, you sure are quite the delicate little snowflake.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Who exactly has been hating? Sounds to me like valid criticism followed by some random, old poster complaining.

If all of those criticisms about reckless baserunning, worst-in-the-country plate discipline, grievous bullpen mismanagement, and completely incorrect swing form are valid, why doesn’t the team’s record reflect that? Why haven’t the past few seasons been more like the football program’s? Why does Penders still have a job?

Reaction Score
If all of those criticisms about reckless baserunning, worst-in-the-country plate discipline, grievous bullpen mismanagement, and completely incorrect swing form are valid, why doesn’t the team’s record reflect that? Why haven’t the past few seasons been more like the football program’s? Why does Penders still have a job?

LOL. A bit extreme, eh? Whoever questioned Pender's job status? You are certainly grasping here.

Reaction Score
Game over. UConn baseball is going to need a bunch of wins in the coming week. Just hope they can get them, and find their offense wherever it is.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
LOL. A bit extreme, eh? Whoever questioned Pender's job status. You are certainly grasping here.

If someone thinks Penders is such a terrible coach, spends 99% of their time here complaining about his strategic decisions and skill development, and they claim to be a fan of the program, why would they not want him gone?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Bullpen management has been great all year - until the 7th inning of this game. That's definitely not a valid critique of this staff. The baserunning gaffes are a recurring theme and need to stop, though.

This team's back is officially against the wall. How we respond at Tulane will be pivotal.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Bullpen management has been great all year - until the 7th inning of this game. That's definitely not a valid critique of this staff. The baserunning gaffes are a recurring theme and need to stop, though.

This team's back is officially against the wall. How we respond at Tulane will be pivotal.

Except when people criticizing baserunning gaffes are turning around and berating the coaching staff for not being aggressive enough.

Reaction Score
How do you have a post-game ceremony celebrating J.O.C. after those two games (unless it includes burying the bats deep deep under home plate and having a new shipment sent to Tulane).

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Except when people criticizing baserunning gaffes are turning around and berating the coaching staff for not being aggressive enough.

The mistakes I have seen this year generally don't have anything to do with overaggression, to be fair. I agree with you that Penders is the bomb though...we're recruiting well so hopefully we get some impact bats for next year.

Miss you; where have you been? :(

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
LOL. A bit extreme, eh? Whoever questioned Pender's job status? You are certainly grasping here.

I missed the days when the only drama on this board was us viciously attacking each other. Where has the time gone...

Reaction Score
You can criticize a coaching decision and still be a huge fan of the coach/program. It doesn't make you any less of a fan or UConn Baseball supporter.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
How do you have a post-game ceremony celebrating J.O.C. after those two games (unless it includes burying the bats deep deep under home plate and having a new shipment sent to Tulane).

I am glad this happened on senior day for the last time they will ever step onto this field. I bet this motivates them and we look unrecognizable next week at Tulane.

Reaction Score
It's called situational baseball for a reason.

Reaction Score
The mistakes I have seen this year generally don't have anything to do with overaggression, to be fair. I agree with you that Penders is the bomb though...we're recruiting well so hopefully we get some impact bats for next year.

I missed the days when the only drama on this board was us viciously attacking each other. Where has the time gone...

I miss @Stainmaster as well, as he always had some good stuff to post around here.

I don't miss all the drama between posters. I regret any contribution today on my part that helped bring it on in this thread.

Reaction Score
I miss @Stainmaster as well, as he always had some good stuff to post around here.

I don't miss all the drama between posters. I regret any contribution today on my part that helped bring it on in this thread.

There have been lots of good posts recently around here. Sounds like you're taking a shot at certain posters. And I don't like that.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Nirmall

Life offline got very busy, and I didn’t need the added stress I was generating through getting into these types of arguments with people. It just wasn’t (isn’t) a healthy use of my time. I find that lurking allows me to still get enough info to follow the team without the temptation to instigate.

Coming back today has been a lapse in judgment, and I haven’t represented myself in the best light. But I’ve had a lot of frustration building over the magnitude of certain reactions to the team’s performance and the “armchair coaching” that follows. I guess it just spilled out. I’m sorry you all had to sift through it.

Reaction Score
I am glad this happened on senior day for the last time they will ever step onto this field. I bet this motivates them and we look unrecognizable next week at Tulane.

I try not to be melodramatic (and never forget these kids are the same age as my two boys - and college ball players - not pros) but they let down the Coach today - today should have been special for the program. I hope it lights a fire under all of them (coaches included).

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
There have been lots of good posts recently around here. Sounds like you're taking a shot at certain posters. And I don't like that.

Maybe an avalanche of “my gosh, this team is so pathetic” counts as lots of good posts in your mind. Maybe others feel differently. There’s only so many times you can say the sky is falling during a 9-1 win over CCSU.

Reaction Score
I try to keep everyone unmuted but there's 1 poster and I'm sure you know who has been unbearable with the criticism. It almost makes me want to leave the game threads

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's called situational baseball for a reason.

I really wish this team had a coach with your grasp of the sport and impeccable ability to come to the right decision at any point in a game. They’d certainly be in a much better position than they are now - that is, if you didn’t cut everyone from the roster after the first weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom