UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional on 6/3 @ 6:00 on ESPN3 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional on 6/3 @ 6:00 on ESPN3

Reaction Score
Need baserunners. Overly aggressive approach at the plate hurts too.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Season over. Still what a season it was for UConn, despite what happened in this game.

Agreed. Strong season from the fellas. You need some bounces to go your way in this format. We didn't get them, and we didn't have our A game tonight...

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Great season. A little disappointing to lose to a Washington team with 1 pitcher that can throw over 90 mph, but this team overcame a lot of adversity to get to a regional final.

We should be strong next year, but replacing Stefanski and Poulin will be difficult (I think our weekend starters will be okay). With that said, if we want to win a regional, we need to clean up the mental aspect of our game.

Reaction Score
That sucks. It's one thing to get pounded by a superior team, and another thing to beat yourself with physical and mental errors. Leaves a real bad taste in your mouth.

Still, overall a fantastic season and one I enjoyed very much. Best of luck to the seniors and junior draftees. Is it too early to look at next season? Losing Cate, Feldstein, Stefanski, Susi, Poulin, and the others will hurt. But I still think there's a ton of talent coming back and a major infusion coming in. I'd expect us to be good again in 2019.

Reaction Score
Seniors can't make that mistake. It's what I preach all year. This is why we go home early, Penders teams just don't seem to learn.
Penders' teams do learn. The idiotic baserunning is exactly what he teaches.

Reaction Score
4 errors, ran into 5 outs. We could have had healthy Cate on 5 days rest and a full bullpen and would have lost this game. Just makes it that much worse for the bats to put up 6 and actually have really gutsy performances by what was left of the pitching staff.

Reaction Score
Think about it. Tim Cate goes missing for most of the season with his injury, UConn has assorted other pitching injuries, including season enders for Polonia and Rossomando, and they just missed hosting a regional. Then they fight like crazy through the losers bracket in this regional. I find it to be quite the accomplishment.

Reaction Score
Great season. A little disappointing to lose to a Washington team with 1 pitcher that can throw over 90 mph, but this team overcame a lot of adversity to get to a regional final.

We should be strong next year, but replacing Stefanski and Poulin will be difficult (I think our weekend starters will be okay). With that said, if we want to win a regional, we need to clean up the mental aspect of our game.
Unfortunately I seem to say that every year. I know the last 3 were unearned, wonder overall how many of the 9 were unearned?

Reaction Score
Is it too early to look at next season? Losing Cate, Feldstein, Stefanski, Susi, Poulin, and the others will hurt. But I still think there's a ton of talent coming back and a major infusion coming in. I'd expect us to be good again in 2019.
Don't think we'll be nearly as good next year

Reaction Score
What UConn needs most is pitching depth. Perhaps Colby Dunlop showed he will be part of the mix for next season.

Reaction Score

Really depends on the whether the big recruits make it to campus and can make an impact. Also who knows what jucos we’ll get.

Reaction Score
I disagree, losing some of these guys will hurt but I have a ton of confidence in the guys coming back. I expect a similar regular season and now we have a bunch of guys who know what to expect come postseason time

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I disagree, losing some of these guys will hurt but I have a ton of confidence in the guys coming back. I expect a similar regular season and now we have a bunch of guys who know what to expect come postseason time

Burrows and P. Winkel are on pace to give the rotation and lineup a jolt, respectively.

Reaction Score
Penders haters who don’t actually follow the team and only swing by during the postseason to complain, please line up so I can tell you how wrong you are.
What about me? Can I get a pass.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Nah, we have some really solid replacements coming in (Gozzo, UMD transfer, strong recruiting class). We'll be solid, but probably fighting for a regional berth as opposed to fighting for a host spot.

It will never happen, but if Cate came back, we would have Cate / Feole / either Burrows or Gardner in our starting rotation. That might be the best starting group in the country..
fun to dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom