UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional on 6/3 @ 6:00 on ESPN3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional on 6/3 @ 6:00 on ESPN3

Reaction Score
I'm currently in an argument with someone about this; do we have to win once or twice?

Reaction Score
I'm currently in an argument with someone about this; do we have to win once or twice?
We have to beat Washington tonight and again tomorrow to advance. Double elimination and Washington hasn't lost yet

Reaction Score
Hopefully Kirsten pitches like he did against BC

Don't follow the team closely enough, is he good enough to be able to give us a chance against a Washington offense that has scored 18 runs in the first 2 games? What's Plan B if he doesn't have it early?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Don't follow the team closely enough, is he good enough to be able to give us a chance against a Washington offense that has scored 18 runs in the first 2 games? What's Plan B if he doesn't have it early?

If he throws strikes, then yes, he can keep us afloat. Plan B is Dunlop, and Plan C is pray to the heavens.

Reaction Score
If he throws strikes, then yes, he can keep us afloat. Plan B is Dunlop, and Plan C is pray to the heavens.
Will we pitch Feole tomorrow if we can win this one?

Reaction Score

If Kersten has one of his efficient games, he can go a long way into the game, and that will help the bullpen. Otherwise, I concur with @uconnbaseball.

Reaction Score
It would be nice also if Washington would you know...come back down to earth and resemble a team that has lost 23 times this year. They looked unbeatable and have been winning series left and right in the PAC 12 the last month.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Will we pitch Feole tomorrow if we can win this one?

Nah, not on 2 day's rest. I doubt he would even be available for an inning. Gardner, however, could give us a couple of innings because of his short outing vs LIU.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
It would be nice also if Washington would you know...come back down to earth and resemble a team that has lost 23 times this year. They looked unbeatable and have been winning series left and right in the PAC 12 the last month.

Their likely starting pitcher (Jones) has a decent ERA, but gives up a lot of unearned runs and is not a strikeout guy. Washington's defense is abysmal...we should score tonight.

Reaction Score

Yes. He's been our Sunday pitcher with moderate success throwing against their Sunday pitcher. He certainly has a chance to give us a quality start. But plan B for him not having it is to score a whole lot of runs. Because there is very little available in the bullpen that didn't throw this afternoon..

Reaction Score
Yes. He's been our Sunday pitcher with moderate success throwing against their Sunday pitcher. He certainly has a chance to give us a quality start. But plan B for him not having it is to score a whole lot of runs. Because there is very little available in the bullpen that didn't throw this afternoon..

Kersten became the Sunday starter when Cate got hurt. Before that, he was the mid week starter.

Reaction Score
Kersten became the Sunday starter when Cate got hurt. Before that, he was the mid week starter.

True. But Cate was out of the rotation for most of the conference season, and to this date, and Kirsten has been the #3 and it hasn't stopped us from finishing 16th in the RPI, runner up in the AAC tourney and to the finals of the regional.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
All I’m saying is if you told me that we’d be playing Washington in the Championship round of this region I would’ve taken it in a second. Even if it meant having to win twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom