UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional 6/1 @ Noon on ESPN3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional 6/1 @ Noon on ESPN3

Reaction Score
The 7% comment doesn't give me much hope but with this setup you get 1 mulligan. We used it early but this team has shown plenty of fight this year and no reason to think it'll stop now. Wake up tomorrow and hopefully the bats wake up with them.

Call me an optimist but maybe now we avoid the Coastal ace in game 2. A loss in game 1 is far from ideal, but win tomorrow and we're right back on track with where we should have been all along

Reaction Score
Sometimes you have to give credit to their guy on the bump. Their guy was better than really good today & has been that way much of the year...

Oh I agree - I said it above. DeMers has been money all year.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I hope LIU Brooklyn wins. I’d rather face Coastal with Chase and Cate than Kersten or worse.

Reaction Score
U r crazy

;)

I only was able to listen to brief moments of the game at work while at lunch and at break. Chris Jones was talking about this later in the game during that 8th inning. At that point he was figuring on UConn playing in the losers bracket game. Chris Jones was thinking that if Coastal Carolina loses, then it is to UConn's advantage since the Huskies (the UConn version) would only have to play them and beat them once. He's got something there.

Reaction Score
I only was able to listen to brief moments of the game at work while at lunch and at break. Chris Jones was talking about this later in the game during that 8th inning. At that point he was figuring on UConn playing in the losers bracket game. Chris Jones was thinking that if Coastal Carolina loses, then it is to UConn's advantage since the Huskies (the UConn version) would only have to play them and beat them once. He's got something there.

Oh it is definitely in our best interest for Coastal to lose.

It's just crazy to think it'll happen.

Reaction Score
Oh it is definitely in our best interest for Coastal to lose.

It's just crazy to think it'll happen.

This is college baseball. Stranger things have happened.

Reaction Score
Press Conference video in link:

Notes:
  • Mason Feole notched six strikeouts on Friday to build his season total to 120. Feole is only the second pitcher in UConn history to record 120 strikeouts in a single-season. (Colin McLaughlin, 138 In 1979).
  • Anthony Prato recorded his team-leading 24th multi-hit effort this season with a pair of hits on Friday.
  • The loss snaps a two-game win streak for UConn in NCAA Tournament openers. The last time UConn lost the opener was in 2011 vs. Coastal Carolina. The Huskies rebounded and won their next four games to win the 2011 Clemson Regional.

Reaction Score
IMG_5737.PNG
This is college baseball. Stranger things have happened.

Reaction Score
Well, a tough task got a lot harder today. At least I will be able to listen/watch to the game(s) over the weekend. Just hope Wallace is ok. He has his bad days such as today, but UConn needs him badly.

While he wasn’t going to be a big factor in this regional, Joe Simeone not making the trip is something that is a concern since we don’t know what is going on and it is no use speculating about it. Simeone was well regarded coming out of high school and he had a few good moments during the regular season. I am hoping that he and Dunlop emerge next season like Wallace did at the beginning of this year. That would go part of the way in providing UConn with some badly needed pitching depth in future seasons.

Reaction Score
Chase should not start tomorrow. LIU stinks. It’s a waste of one of UConn’s quality arms

Reaction Score

Winning is not enough. We have to beat them easily enough that he don't have to use Wallace or Cate or PJ at all. By the time Gardner comes out, we have to be up at least 6.

The bats now have to be hot for the rest of the weekend.

Reaction Score
LIU doesn't 'stink'.

No team in the NCAA tournament in baseball 'stinks.' This isn't hoops or football or whatever.

Gotta win four - that's really hard. Hoping we can do it, but farts - we should have beaten Washington.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Yea, their starter was good, but there's a reason Washington lost 23 games against an awful schedule...their offense and defense are atrocious. Props to their D - it is rare for them to complete a game without making multiple errors, but they made 0 against us.

Reaction Score
Yea, their starter was good, but there's a reason Washington lost 23 games against an awful schedule...their offense and defense are atrocious. Props to their D - it is rare for them to complete a game without making multiple errors, but they made 0 against us.

Their guy who started yesterday coudn't start all those other games. Yesterday was bump stud v bump stud.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom