UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional 6/1 @ Noon on ESPN3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. University of Washington @ the Conway SC Regional 6/1 @ Noon on ESPN3

Reaction Score

Speculation by Jones is the whack/injury didn’t drive him out of game. Just saving him for down the road.

Reaction Score
Ironic the stadium is playing Sugar We're Goin' Down when we don't look very threatening with the bats.

Reaction Score
I get that Feole had thrown 96 pitches, but why not send him out for the 8th? It's certainly easier to question this in hindsight, but still. He's gone over 100 more than a couple times this year.

Reaction Score
I get that Feole had thrown 96 pitches, but why not send him out for the 8th? It's certainly easier to question this in hindsight, but still. He's gone over 100 more than a couple times this year.

May depend on what he told the coaches between innings. 96 is isn't overly heavy; my metrics when coaching was 15 pitches an inning to average; when over 15 for an inning, pitcher is tired for remainder of that inning. 15 an inning for 7 innings would be 105 so I would have sent him back out since he's been over 100 before unless he told me something to decide otherwise. But, there were probably a significant number of what I called leverage pitches in a 2-1 tournament game which always takes a little more out of the tank.

Reaction Score
7% of regional winners lost their first game? In 2011 the Springer/Barnes team lost their first game 13-1 against Coastal Carolina. As we all know, they came back to win that regional. So today doesn't look like it's going to end well for us, but there's still hope.

Reaction Score
DeMers has been $$ this year. 8th start that he's went over 8 innings.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Ball to played tomorrow at least

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Has to if there is anything left in his tank. One thing we can't do is spend two innings of Wallace and lose the game anyway.
#propheticposts
or, alternatively
#ihateitwhenyouareright

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Wallace is what he is. A kid with a live arm, who at times can’t command the strike zone. You absolutely can’t walk the first batter of the inning there, but (to me) the inning changed on Susi’s passed ball. Washington had runners on first and second, one out. Double play is still in order. Susi got lazy (as he has many times this season) and didn’t slide over to block the ball. It’s just lazy. That certainly doesn’t guarantee Wallace would roll a double play ball, but it certainly changes his approach on the mound. He has to be around the plate, he’s afraid to bury one given Susi’s struggles, and Washington’s hitters can sit on the fastball middle/in. Not what you want to see from your team leader at this stage of the season. Inexcusable...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom