UConn v. UMass (Friday 4/2/21 @ 3p, Saturday 4/3/21 Doubleheader beginning @ Noon). All games on Husky All-Access. WHUS-FM on Friday/MIXLR on Saturday | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn v. UMass (Friday 4/2/21 @ 3p, Saturday 4/3/21 Doubleheader beginning @ Noon). All games on Husky All-Access. WHUS-FM on Friday/MIXLR on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 6th, UMass with a 3 run homer to make it 7-3 UConn going to the bottom of the 6th. That homer certainly decreases the chance of a Garrett Coe appearance late in this game.

Bottom 6th, UConn goes down quickly in order. Andrew Marrero to pitch for UConn in the top of the 7th.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 7th, UConn goes down in order. Top 8th, Justin Willis in to pitch for UConn.

Reaction Score
Top 8th, Willis with a 1-2-3 inning. 7-3 UConn. No surprise, Wurster warming in the pen, probably will see him in the 9th.

Reaction Score
After going down in order in the bottom of the 8th, Caleb Wurster in to pitch the top of the 9th. Pity, only a 4 run lead for him. There is a chance this could be over by 6pm!

Reaction Score
Top 9th, Wurster with a 1-2-3 inning with 2 strikeouts, UConn gets the 7-3 win and the sweep over UMass. I'm expecting to see a broom pop up on this thread pretty soon.

Reaction Score
Am I too predictable?

02BC1E78-7274-4F04-8732-E6E89705FA46.jpeg

Reaction Score
Top 9th, Wurster with a 1-2-3 inning with 2 strikeouts, UConn gets the 7-3 win and the sweep over UMass. I'm expecting to see a broom pop up on this thread pretty soon.

Reaction Score
Reflecting on the game, I think this could be a season changing start for Simeone. He seemed confident on the mound and with every strikeout he picked up, he seemed to gain more confidence. He’s a big part of this team and having quality starts out of him would be great going forward

Reaction Score
Reflecting on the game, I think this could be a season changing start for Simeone. He seemed confident on the mound and with every strikeout he picked up, he seemed to gain more confidence. He’s a big part of this team and having quality starts out of him would be great going forward
Hopefully but obviously this was against lower level of competition,

Reaction Score

Hopefully but obviously this was against lower level of competition,

Very true, Simeone's success today was indeed against a lower level of competition. The same will be true with his next start against Georgetown, as they will play their first game of the season in the midweek just before the UConn series next weekend. If he has a good start against them as well, it won't be the end all, so to speak. We won't have a real idea of where he stands until pitches against a better level of competition (believe it or not, such a level does exist even in the Big East). I will add that one thing that Coach Penders has mentioned in interviews is that it seemed that Simeone needs to gain confidence in himself and his ability, as Penders believes he shows plenty of talent and ability in his bullpen sessions. I suppose it is possible that he may build it up against this lower level of competition, and that he will be good to go when the competition stiffens up against better teams in the conference. Obviously we won't know how this will all come out until the season progresses a bit more. But it would seem that Simeone gets to stick in the rotation for now. If competing against lower level opponents helps to give him confidence that will help him compete against better teams, well, we will see if it happens. This is obviously a potentially complex work in progress.

Reaction Score
It is so nice to be above .500! The team has found it's groove and worked out some of the earlier issues. Yes, the caliber of competition is lower but these wins were so needed and such a confidence builder for them. They've settled in nicely at the new stadium and are on a roll. It should be a fun April and I'm very much looking forward to the conference games starting.

Happy Easter to you all!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Based on the letter from the athletic department, do you have to be a donor to go up on Tuesday and sit on the berm? It’s not made real clear. Supposed to be a nice day for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom