UConn v. UCF (Updated Schedule ~ Sat. 4/7 Noon @J.O.C. & Double-Header Sun. 4/8 @8:30a.m.@ J.O.C.) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. UCF (Updated Schedule ~ Sat. 4/7 Noon @J.O.C. & Double-Header Sun. 4/8 @8:30a.m.@ J.O.C.)

Reaction Score
Another Penders screwup. Over pitch Wallace. Then wait too long to take him out. Then 2nd and 3rd you don't IW. Like I get told on here all the time, college pitchers are wild, you leave no room for error, and sure enough hit batter and wild pitch later, lead gone and probably more than that. He has to trust others at some point and not ride 2 arms out of the pen year in and year out. It's the same song and dance ever year and why we will be watching postseason instead of playing.

Reaction Score
Just an unpleasant afternoon...

*Note schedule change!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Better win two tomorrow. These are huge opportunities.

This was as ugly a loss as they have had. Bullpen still hasn’t found its way not sure it ever will this year.

Reaction Score
You really get a sense of how badly our facilities need upgrades when you are standing in line to use a filthy urinal with a bunch of UCF players in between innings.

Brutal loss BTW.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You really get a sense of how badly our facilities need upgrades when you are standing in line to use a filthy urinal with a bunch of UCF players in between innings.

Brutal loss BTW.

I still think UConn's badly outdated facilities for such sports as baseball, softball, and soccer are a big reason why the Huskies are not in a P5 conference. More than a few P5 teams would be embarrassed to play in such conditions.

While we were in Columbus for the final four, we stopped in on some of Ohio State's athletic facilities. Both baseball and softball were playing. Since they were charging for baseball and softball was free, we watched a few innings of the free softball game. As you might expect, the softball facility was beautiful, complete with a video scoreboard that was constantly in use. It certainly made me envious.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still think UConn's badly outdated facilities for such sports as baseball, softball, and soccer are a big reason why the Huskies are not in a P5 conference. More than a few P5 teams would be embarrassed to play in such conditions.

While we were in Columbus for the final four, we stopped in on some of Ohio State's athletic facilities. Both baseball and softball were playing. Since they were charging for baseball and softball was free, we watched a few innings of the free softball game. As you might expect, the softball facility was beautiful, complete with a video scoreboard that was constantly in use. It certainly made me envious.

The UCF parents near me couldn't believe it that our stadium didn't have lights in order to get the doubleheader in. They just opened a brand new stadium. They just swept #1 Florida the prior week. While UConn is sitting around feeling sorry for itself in the AAC, others schools are clearly making big moves. If it leads them anywhere who knows, but they are making moves. All the facilities I was around today were inadequate. UConn is getting beat badly in the facilities arm race.

Reaction Score
The UCF parents near me couldn't believe it that our stadium didn't have lights in order to get the doubleheader in. They just opened a brand new stadium.

Their stadium is very nice but not brand new... it’s been renovated a few times in recent years.

We are clearly behind in keeping up w/ non-football/basketball facilities.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UCF's renovated baseball stadium.

pano.jpg

Reaction Score
The UCF parents near me couldn't believe it that our stadium didn't have lights in order to get the doubleheader in. They just opened a brand new stadium. They just swept #1 Florida the prior week. While UConn is sitting around feeling sorry for itself in the AAC, others schools are clearly making big moves. If it leads them anywhere who knows, but they are making moves. All the facilities I was around today were inadequate. UConn is getting beat badly in the facilities arm race.

I'm sure you're aware that UConn has been actively fundraising for new athletic facilities that are due to open in the next few years. UConn fans have a choice. They can either give up, or if they financially able to, they can make donations to help advance these projects. I've been making my choice, having donated to new soccer and baseball facilities for a number of years now.

Reaction Score
WTF - No radio today (hopefully just game 1)

No UCF feed either...

Reaction Score
3-0 UConn - two unearned after 1. Only Prato’s ball left infield.

Reaction Score
UConn has 6 hits and has been graciously gifted 4 errors by UCF in 3 innings and the only have 3 runs?

Reaction Score
Deflected ball interference is a tough call - assume it was off pitcher?

Ya. I just think you go with the original call instead of having to be convinced for 10 minutes by the UCF Coach. Total momentum killer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom