UCONN v. UCF GAME THREAD | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UCONN v. UCF GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Football is the ultimate game of momentum and confidence. We lost to Towson, then UMD, then Michigan. Since then, this team has been skittish on both offense and defense save for the USF game when they were playing with the emotion of the coaching change. Players are so tentative on defense, even when approaching a tackle dudes look hesitant.

I think the next coach will do or will have to do some shuffling. Obi to outside LB. Pruitt to DT. Foxx back to RB, I would even consider Graham Stewart to DE.. The goal needs to be increasing team speed everywhere. We are slow, we are tentative, we are confused in the secondary. We are in a sad state of affairs.

I only agree with the Stewart move, as I think his speed would be lethal off the edge (when he actually breaks down and tackles, unlike today). Have him split wide like Jason Taylor with Miami, or Corey Moore with Va Tech. Leave Willman as the Anchor End. Stephen stays at Nose, but find someone who complements his stoutness with the ability to knife into the backfield (The John Randle to Shamar Stephen's Henry Thomas).

Obi oozes athleticism, but at this point he cannot tackle, nor can he cover, so he would not be a very good fit at LB at this point. Our lack of speed at rb is telling, Delorenzo looks like he is running with cement shoes, and McCombs got caught from behind after being given a 10 yard head start with a full head of steam.

There is a lot of work to do.

Reaction Score
How do you recruit in CT?

HS football sucks there

I have lived in GA and FL and CT HS football looks like Pop Warner in CT

Joke

We (CT TAXPAYERS) would rather spend $$$ on academics.. not on sports!!! FL HS sucks in terms of quality education

Reaction Score
2:10 am my Sunday morning, very long hours this past work week, eyes struggling to stay open ... bad fan to sleep? Or, better to sleep and dream of better coaching, recruiting, return to success, and better conference invitation?

Reaction Score
I only agree with the Stewart move, as I think his speed would be lethal off the edge (when he actually breaks down and tackles, unlike today). Have him split wide like Jason Taylor with Miami, or Corey Moore with Va Tech. Leave Willman as the Anchor End. Stephen stays at Nose, but find someone who complements his stoutness with the ability to knife into the backfield (The John Randle to Shamar Stephen's Henry Thomas).

Obi oozes athleticism, but at this point he cannot tackle, nor can he cover, so he would not be a very good fit at LB at this point. Our lack of speed at rb is telling, Delorenzo looks like he is running with cement shoes, and McCombs got caught from behind after being given a 10 yard head start with a full head of steam.

There is a lot of work to do.

Those moves would be for next year. Willman and Stephens will be gone. Who knows what guys will transfer out.

Reaction Score
Boyle looks worse every week. I don't get it. I really don't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
2:10 am my Sunday morning, very long hours this past work week, eyes struggling to stay open ... bad fan to sleep? Or, better to sleep and dream of better coaching, recruiting, return to success, and better conference invitation?

What kind of question is that quitter!!!!! Only 36 points from bowl eligibility and you want to go to bed?

Quittinist qutting post in the history of quitting!!!!

Reaction Score
Look at a guy like Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch. A 2 star recruit from Illinois . He is an absolute BEAST. Kid plays so damn hard and is a great leader. He was only offered 1 scholarship (From N Illinois). There are plenty of gems in the Midwest. Not 5 star recruits or even 4 stars for that matter. Just give me some damn 2-3 star recruits who are tough and don't wanna be pushed around.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

GREAT fan to stay with this brutal game for a full half!

Reaction Score
Those moves would be for next year. Willman and Stephens will be gone. Who knows what guys will transfer out.

Oops. Misread.

I can't believe I am writing this, but the D is going to be worse, I fear.

Reaction Score
TD already in the 2nd, another missed tackle and all the same players in there. What a freaking joke. Bench them already coach.

Reaction Score
Andrew Adams is having one of the worst games tackling wise by a safety that I have ever seen. And for those who have followed UCONN since they started playing FBS football, that says a lot. What a complete and utter lack of effort tackling.

TJW needs to have a giant mirror placed on the team bus, and have every player look at themselves before they get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom