UConn v. Rice University Owls (Saturday 10/26/24 @ 3:30p @ Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network & FoxSports 97.9 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Rice University Owls (Saturday 10/26/24 @ 3:30p @ Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network & FoxSports 97.9

Reaction Score

Having seen many Bobby Redpants coached games, I am NOT a fan of the developmental philosophy. Win now. If Evers can't run he should sit.
Coaching staff is playing him unless he bombs. Did not bomb against WF. Showed progress beginning to end of game. If he starts where he left off and progresses again, we might all be able to breathe a little, no smiling, but breathing. One poster compared stats with JF and NE and said(I didn't check) that against superior comp, NE stats were comparable to or better than JF. Many times folks posted that NE ceiling is higher than JF, and floor looks to be rising. No real controversy here. We may or may not have a QB that can takes us up a notch, but for now his name is Nick Evers..

Go Huskies, beat Rice.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mora said toe nail bothered him during the week. Mora said he had to play in shoes that lineman wear. That can not be good for speed or maneuvering.

Wouldn't surprise me if it took WF about 2 plays to realize Evers was wearing some funky cleats.

Reaction Score

-> What you need to know: It's Homecoming Weekend at UConn. ... Rice is the Huskies' third American Athletic Conference opponent of the season and they hold wins over Florida Atlantic and Temple. Their final AAC opponent of the season is Alabama-Birmingham on the road Nov. 9. ... UConn redshirt sophomore running back Cam Edwards of Norwalk needs 34 yards for 1,000 in his career. Linebacker Jayden McDonald leads UConn in tackles with 63 (23 unassisted, 40 assisted) and is average of 9.0 per game ranks 23rd nationally. ... The Huskies are averaging 194.6 yards per game on the ground but have been held in double figures by Temple (99) and Wake Forest (season-low 40) in their last two games. ... UConn kicker Chris Freeman has made his last 11 field-goal attempts, including a career-best 53-yarder a week ago against Wake Forest. ... Saturday's game is the second of a four-game deal between the schools. UConn will play at Rice on Oct. 11, 2025, with the Huskies hosting the Owls again on Oct. 7, 2028. <-

Reaction Score

-> Because of the new iPads that allow coaches to view film on the sideline during games, the full game is available immediately after it ends. Mora will typically begin his review in the car as his wife, Kathy, drives them home.

But Saturday was different; Mora needed to gather himself before he could begin the process of moving on to the next game, against Rice. <-

-> “But I want to get to a point as a team where that doesn’t even matter,” he said. “And I think we’re capable of doing that. I mean, we fight and we scratch and kick and our guys don’t give up and we’re in those games. We gotta find a way to win them. To win them without relying on an official – who’s doing the best he can – to make a call.” <-

Edit: They fixed typo on line: Frustrating loss highlights trajectory of UConn football, which hosts Rice in homecoming game Saturday

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And losing a toe nail is nothing. Ski racers do that every season because they use narrow boots that are very reactive.
But, as soon as the racers stop at the finish, they reach down and unclick their boots. As an aside, I'm friends with an Olympic Gold Medal winner in the downhill. I asked her if, now that she's retired, if she free skis with her boots tight or loose. It's loose. She said very loose, like wearing a sneaker,

Reaction Score
But, as soon as the racers stop at the finish, they reach down and unclick their boots. As an aside, I'm friends with an Olympic Gold Medal winner in the downhill. I asked her if, now that she's retired, if she free skis with her boots tight or loose. It's loose. She said very loose, like wearing a sneaker,

I think it’s funny that someone actually thinks that skiing without a toenail is the same thing as playing football without one after you drop a weight on your foot.

Reaction Score

-> Because of the new iPads that allow coaches to view film on the sideline during games, the full game is available immediately after it ends. Mora will typically begin his review in the car as his wife, Kathy, drives them home.

But Saturday was different; Mora needed to gather himself before he could begin the process of moving on to the next game, against Rice. <-

-> “But I want to get to a point as a team where that doesn’t even matter,” he said. “And I think we’re capable of doing that. I mean, we fight and we scratch and kick and our guys don’t give up and we’re in those games. We gotta find a way to win them. To win them without relying on an official – who’s doing the best he can – to make a call.” <-

Edit: They fixed typo on line: Frustrating loss highlights trajectory of UConn football, which hosts Rice in homecoming game Saturday

Nice headline saying this is our home finale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom