UConn v. Notre Dame in Hockey East home-and-home series 1/16 & 1/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Notre Dame in Hockey East home-and-home series 1/16 & 1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great that that's the case. And yes, as far as I know that's what ND is doing. School is in session now, so there's no reason for them to stay here for four days unnecessarily. Plus, you can get flights direct from NYC to South Bend.

And if you want better scheduling for games, two words: on campus. Stay in Hartford, it'll continue to be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays, and not on TV.

Reaction Score
And if you want better scheduling for games, two words: on campus. Stay in Hartford, it'll continue to be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays, and not on TV.

I already went over this in a past thread but the whole 'XL Center has too much going on to have a good schedule' is a complete and utter falsehood. Wolf Pack had 32/36 of their games on weekends (that's virtually unheard of, won't be the case next season), AHL is reducing it's schedule opening up more dates (anywhere from 2-4 less WP home games), there's always room for additional hockey double headers and there were 7 premium dates that sat vacant the whole season which could have been utilized.

UConn just needs to get it's stuff together and schedule better.

Reaction Score
I already went over this in a past thread but the whole 'XL Center has too much going on to have a good schedule' is a complete and utter falsehood. Wolf Pack had 32/36 of their games on weekends (that's virtually unheard of, won't be the case next season), AHL is reducing it's schedule opening up more dates (anywhere from 2-4 less WP home games), there's always room for additional hockey double headers and there were 7 premium dates that sat vacant the whole season which could have been utilized.

UConn just needs to get it's stuff together and schedule better.
Don't forget concerts and other events like the Disney on Ice today. Those all get preference.

Reaction Score
Don't forget concerts and other events like the Disney on Ice today. Those all get preference.

With all those concerts and performances there was still 7 premium dates completely open for UConn to schedule around but instead chose to schedule games on weekdays.

And this is before delving into my point that the WP will have less premium dates next year in addition to less home games overall. Plus there is always room for additional doubleheaders.

Concerning your point on the television side of things you're completely speculating that the XLC is the reason they have no home games on air.

Reaction Score
Also the CRDA could step in and recommend UConn gets an increase in preferred dates since their games bring more $ into the arena and surrounding downtown.

Reaction Score

Not to defend Bridgeport entirely; but, a lot of people could not physically make it to the game yesterday, including myself (with 4 tickets) as the road conditions were a nightmare. When I bought the tickets last weekend, the lower seats were all gone. I think it would have dranw well maybe 5K to 7K. If I was younger and was not bringing my kids, I may have risked it. Remember several basketball games in the 90's, a G-Town game at the Civic Center in particular, when I went during a blizzard, bought nose bleed seats and sat near the court because it never occurred to be that I could be one of the several dozen cars I went by that were off the road or crashed.

Reaction Score
Great that that's the case. And yes, as far as I know that's what ND is doing. School is in session now, so there's no reason for them to stay here for four days unnecessarily. Plus, you can get flights direct from NYC to South Bend.

And this another reason why an on campus arena is needed. It gives you the ultimate flexibility in scheduling games, and you don't have to worry so much about availability of dates in Hartford.

Reaction Score
I find it more and more difficult to attend Uconn events as it seems I just spend more time focusing on attendance and why people don't come to out, and how that will effect our future. I spend more time thinking this way than actually enjoying the event I'm attending half of the time....... The ND game was a prime example.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
worst weather possible. easier to drive in a foot of snow an hour. They sold/comped 4500 tickets.. 20 minute drive from Norwalk was 45 at 1130. If I lived north i would have eaten my tickets. I would have gone to the SMU football game if it was a 15 minute drive. But not from Norwalk Fir the hockey what really sucked was all the carpet bagger domers who took the train. I think the concept is right but the execution is wrong. Reality is that if we are selling NYC mkt to Big Ten, hockey will be a part. And there is tons of money and support in FFLD County. Hopefully they will figure it out and get it to work. hoops can have Hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom