UConn v. Georgetown (Big East Conf. Opener @ Elliot Ballpark-> Fri. 4/9 @6p, Sat. 4/10 @ Noon). Updated -> DblHdr Gm 2 on Sat. & Sun. Gm Cancelled | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Georgetown (Big East Conf. Opener @ Elliot Ballpark-> Fri. 4/9 @6p, Sat. 4/10 @ Noon). Updated -> DblHdr Gm 2 on Sat. & Sun. Gm Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ben’s start today saves the bullpen for tomorrow and Sunday which is big because of the 4 game series

Reaction Score
During the game I got a message from a friend who told me he knows someone who went to the game tonight and was able to get into the ballpark even though he is not a donor to UConn baseball. It would seem that the rules have been relaxed in terms of who can attend games, although I'm sure there still must still be some sort of attendance limitation in terms of the number of fans short of a full house.

Reaction Score
During the game I got a message from a friend who told me he knows someone who went to the game tonight and was able to get into the ballpark even though he is not a donor to UConn baseball. It would seem that the rules have been relaxed in terms of who can attend games, although I'm sure there still must still be some sort of attendance limitation in terms of the number of fans short of a full house.
Penders said in the Dibble interview it’s just under 650 (634) all in.

Reaction Score
Cool to see the two Norwalk kids start against each other, and it was even McMahon (Morton) vs. NHS (McCabe). Of course I totally doubt Penders did that on purpose but a nice coincidence nonetheless. McCabe’s been a four year starter for GTown.

Reaction Score

Game Notes
  • Friday's win against the Hoyas was the Huskies first BIG EAST regular season win since May 3, 2013 against Rutgers.
  • The 15 strikeouts for Ben Casparius was the first time a UConn starting pitcher struck out that many since Carson Cross had 15 strikeouts at FIU on March 6, 2015.
  • This was the first time the Huskies run-ruled a conference opponent since defeating UCF, 10-0, on March 31, 2019.
  • The Huskies six-game win streak is the longest since an 11 game win streak in 2016.

Reaction Score

Main topics of conversation in the interview are Ben Casparius (which you would expect after his performance tonight), and Korey Morton who got his first start as a Husky. Since we haven't heard much about Morton in these interviews, I found that part to be nicely informative and interesting.

Reaction Score
Main topics of conversation in the interview are Ben Casparius (which you would expect after his performance tonight), and Korey Morton who got his first start as a Husky. Since we haven't heard much about Morton in these interviews, I found that part to be nicely informative and interesting.
Did we receive any word on Stock?

Reaction Score
I believe he was in the original line-up then it changed... I don’t see him warming up anywhere.

I saw the original lineup that you posted. Crawford was in, Maycock took his place in the revised lineup.

If you don't see Crawford warming up, can we assume you are at the game today? If so, good for you!

Reaction Score
Top 1st, Peterson with a quick 1-2-3 inning. Game started a bit early.

Reggie Crawford is not feeling well today according to Chris Jones. He stayed home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both gonna be out a bit (have to wonder if they are roommates).

Chris Jones says Stock and Willis are roommates.

Chris Jones also says Jimmy Wang has been sick all week, and that Wang and Crawford are roommates as well.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, UConn up 1-0 on an rbi Pat Winkel single. Two runners on, and no out. Going to the top of the 2nd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chris Jones says Stock and Willis are roommates.

Chris Jones also says Jimmy Wang has been sick all week, and that Wang and Crawford are roommates as well.

Gonna still be dodging and weaving for a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom