UConn v. BU (2/16/18 @ 7p) on ESPN3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. BU (2/16/18 @ 7p) on ESPN3

Reaction Score
Not true...they had a good exchange at the benches right in front of where Insit..handshakes and hugs were exchanged. These guys have known each other for a long time...
It was at the end of the line when the players were shaking hands. That's when she saw it.

Reaction Score
That was absolutely the best live hockey game I've ever been to. I took a couple friends that had never been before and now they're planning on getting season tickets next season.
Like others have said, the discounted tickets really help. Just from conversations with friends, $15 after fees for the not so great seats every game would be a winner. There was a group near me that organized Friday hockey happy hours at their job. They walked over after work, hit up the Coliseum club and were jumping and screaming at the end. I'd love to see last night's atmosphere happen often, it was a blast!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was spotted there tonight? Or was it just Goetz?
Especially for such a big game and senior night...

Keep Season ticket holders prices where they are now. Promote more and lower the price a little and the crowds will return regardless of winning streak.
AD Dave was 15 feet in front of me in the table section behind the boards for the entire game, he was having a blast. Definitely a huge win for your program, despite BU having a down year by our standards. A real rough night for Oettinger, some of those goals were just awful to let in. Cav has them playing well and they should contend in the HE tournament.

Why was senior night last night when there's a home game next week?

Also, if that game were held in a sold out 6K arena, the atmosphere would've been electric. As it was, it was still really great. Nice to see the state turn out for a UConn team and have something good happen for once, even if it was at the expense of my guys.

Fun side note, I wear a BU Kevin Shattenkirk jersey to every game, some guy came up to me last night and literally thought I was Kevin Shatternkirk. I'd think my head of hair would be enough of a differentiator, though he congratulated me on winning the title with BU so I didn't correct that part of it.

Reaction Score
I wondered the same thing. But much easier for the parents to get there. Made sense to me after thinking about it.

But I have a proposal that I first thought of 20 years ago and will make now. Would it not be cool if the entire arena, after senior presentations and before the National Anthem, while standing, serenaded the seniors with the first verse of Auld Lang Syne?? Can you imagine the emotion generated if we all sang that song?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
1. Hockey East is the Big East of hockey. This seven game HE winning streak including wins over the top 4 teams is wicked impressive.

2. Creel has stepped up big time, Lentonovs scoring like he should, and Karashiks returun has bolstered the defense at both ends of the ice.

3. After watching the game Friday, there is no reason they cannot make it to Boston for the semi finals. U gotta be in it too win it.

4. How did they lose to Sacred Heart 3-0? SACRED IS AWFUL but Bobby Valentines assistant gave a couple UCONN Fans free suite tickrts when in line to buy $10 GA's

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with this take. And this is one of my peeves with the way teams are selected for the tournament, too. I’m not arguing UConn should be there but this run is illustrative of how teams change over the course of the season. The committee isn’t allowed to make adjustment for a team that is hot or one that is clearly fading whether because of injury or just bad play. It is a math problem.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
AD Dave was 15 feet in front of me in the table section behind the boards for the entire game, he was having a blast. Definitely a huge win for your program, despite BU having a down year by our standards. A real rough night for Oettinger, some of those goals were just awful to let in. Cav has them playing well and they should contend in the HE tournament.

Why was senior night last night when there's a home game next week?

Also, if that game were held in a sold out 6K arena, the atmosphere would've been electric. As it was, it was still really great. Nice to see the state turn out for a UConn team and have something good happen for once, even if it was at the expense of my guys.

Fun side note, I wear a BU Kevin Shattenkirk jersey to every game, some guy came up to me last night and literally thought I was Kevin Shatternkirk. I'd think my head of hair would be enough of a differentiator, though he congratulated me on winning the title with BU so I didn't correct that part of it.
Back in the Whalers days, my HS friends and I used to go to the games. Our varsity jackets were in Winnipeg colors and had a big W on them. When we were at a Winnipeg game people asked if we driven down from Winnipeg. We went with it as well. Got us some beers which is always big deal when you are in HS.

Reaction Score
I agree with this take. And this is one of my peeves with the way teams are selected for the tournament, too. I’m not arguing UConn should be there but this run is illustrative of how teams change over the course of the season. The committee isn’t allowed to make adjustment for a team that is hot or one that is clearly fading whether because of injury or just bad play. It is a math problem.
The concept of adjusting for a hot or cold team I don't agree with, a team should be evaluated on its whole body of work, not just the final X number of games. I do agree with the point about adjusting for injury or other roster changes. PWR isn't perfect, but it's what we've got and it's better than what college football has. At least it's 100% transparent and everyone knows where they stand at all times.

Reaction Score
The concept of adjusting for a hot or cold team I don't agree with, a team should be evaluated on its whole body of work, not just the final X number of games. I do agree with the point about adjusting for injury or other roster changes. PWR isn't perfect, but it's what we've got and it's better than what college football has. At least it's 100% transparent and everyone knows where they stand at all times.
I agree with the transparency. Just that I think over a six month season teams change and the committee ought to have some ability to adjust for that. Not unlimited but some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom