UConn v. BU (2/16/18 @ 7p) on ESPN3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. BU (2/16/18 @ 7p) on ESPN3

Reaction Score
Always is but the bigger problem is the ticket prices, especially compared to 14-15' prices.

Big time.

$25-30 is way too much.
That's more than AHL and cheap NHL nose bleeds ticket prices.

$20 after fees is where it should be set at.

$15 after fees for OOC games.

Bigger crowds makes a better atmosphere for fans, players, and potential recruits.

I'll be honest, I know UConn is broke, but AD David Benedict has resulted going from no need to paper arena to now using giveaways and $10-15 tickets.

Does anyone know if he was spotted there tonight? Or was it just Goetz?
Especially for such a big game and senior night...

Keep Season ticket holders prices where they are now. Promote more and lower the price a little and the crowds will return regardless of winning streak.

Reaction Score
Games like these are the moments that we'll look back on as foundational to what this program will become.

Not only that, but you'll have nearly 8 thousand people going home and telling friends and family what a great experience UConn hockey is.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was spotted there tonight? Or was it just Goetz?
Especially for such a big game and senior night...

Yes he was there. He has been to the majority of the of the hockey games this year. He watches the games from the new standing/bar tables area behind the UConn net.

Reaction Score
I feel the necessity to post here just to prove that we were there. Boy, the Huskies got dominated in the first. They posted the shots after the first as 11-4 against and then took away one making them 11-3. By the middle of the game they were 16-6 in favor of BU. We left at the end of two with the score 1-3 because I have been fighting something off and I secretly wanted to see a bit of the women's Super G. That made all the difference I guess, as is often the case. It was the Huskies' cue to do great things in the third and in OT. The story of my life.

What do you want me to say? The band sounded great. Neither team looked really skilled compared to the top of the ECAC. But it is clear that UConn has got something going because the found a way to win one more time. When they started hitting things turned around pretty quickly for them. Surprise, surprise, some things never change. Absolutely love that. Think Creel would like that third one back. Nice to see 7 or 8+K in the house, although BU took the crowd out of it when we were watching. Can only imagine what the third and OT must have been like. Have I missed anything? Oh, yeah, what happened to USCHO tonight? Oh, and some guy stopped me to say that I was wearing the absolutely coolest hockey sweater in the building. He also said that probably only a few people would even know what it was, although I am sure that FDNY knows.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes he was there. He has been to the majority of the of the hockey games this year. He watches the games from the new standing/bar tables area behind the UConn net.

OK, good. I used to see warde going down 107 section to belly of arena nearly every game and only saw DB go down that area once since he started as AD. Saw goetz a few times.

Well, glad he saw a great game and atmosphere. Make sense I don't see him since I'm on other side of arena.

Reaction Score
Benedict shows up near the “lounge” and presses the flesh
He may not have been a hockey guy when he got here but he is now
Especially when the hockey team outdraws the men’s hoops team

Reaction Score
My wife commented that the BU coaches dud not shake hands with Cav after the game. Anyone else see it. I wasn't looking.

Reaction Score
The coaches shake hands before the players line up. Even though they are at end of line they shake first. I know this because I thought same thing in some earlier games this year before I watched it closer.

Reaction Score
Beating BCU on opening night of our hockey east four years ago will never be topped
But this was the second best win ever.
The attendance, the comeback, the win in OT.
The xl was on fire

Reaction Score
The coaches shake hands before the players line up. Even though they are at end of line they shake first. I know this because I thought same thing in some earlier games this year before I watched it closer.
Got ya. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Or, in the case of that historic win in 2014, man hugs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geez....you sounded like Charlie Brown. I just got home....haven’t had that much fun at a hockey game since the days of the Whalers.
Lol, expect more of the same. Look at the timing of the posts vs the timing of goals. Just sayin'.;)

(We're still doomed.)

Reaction Score
I thought that was a gritty tough win. I also thought we had run out of gas late when we couldn’t get the puck out of our end, but Creel and the d-men hung on. The ot we seemed refreshed. Goal happened right below me so I was glad they switched ends! BU I thought was faster and bigger but This team has some swagger to it.

Reaction Score
I went to uconn back in 04-08, i remember going to games when they used to give free pizza to entice students to come. I believe the student tickets were like $2 at the time too.
The hockey games were always fun, its tough to see them now especially living in NYC and most of their games not being on a weekend when i can get up there in time but glad to see how far this program has come along.

Reaction Score
My wife commented that the BU coaches dud not shake hands with Cav after the game. Anyone else see it. I wasn't looking.
Not true...they had a good exchange at the benches right in front of where Insit..handshakes and hugs were exchanged. These guys have known each other for a long time...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom