UConn v. Bryant University (Tuesday 4/6/21 @ 3p @ Elliot Ballpark) Game on Husky All-Access ($)/Audio on Mixlr. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Bryant University (Tuesday 4/6/21 @ 3p @ Elliot Ballpark) Game on Husky All-Access ($)/Audio on Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crawford is pitching like he may be the best arm they have in the bullpen. Putting aside how they best develop him for a future pro career, they do need to figure out how they get him on the mound more consistently in big moments.

One idea. Start him for a set one or two innings, where you warm him up before the game. Start C Wink at first, Kyler in Center and Morton in right as the “pitcher” not in the lineup. When Reggie is done, the “starter” comes in to Morton’s slot, and everyone slides to their normal defensive positions.

That would be one approach, starting Crawford for an inning or two. In this approach I would think Crawford's bat also be in the starting lineup as the pitcher. If that is so, I could be wrong, but if Crawford were to move to 1B after his pitching stint, I think UConn would not have the D.H. spot and would have to pinch hit for the pitcher for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom