UConn v. Bryant University (Tuesday 4/6/21 @ 3p @ Elliot Ballpark) Game on Husky All-Access ($)/Audio on Mixlr. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Bryant University (Tuesday 4/6/21 @ 3p @ Elliot Ballpark) Game on Husky All-Access ($)/Audio on Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 9th, Willis still on the mound. He had a terrific 8th inning, so no problem with that for me. Crawford is all warmed up, so if there is any trouble, he can come right in.

Willis walks the first batter, Crawford to the mound. O'Donnell takes over at 1B.

Reaction Score
Bottom 9th, single puts runners at 1st and 2nd. Crawford gets strikeouts for the first two outs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Damn. Tense. Close this out.

Reaction Score
Great win! These guys don’t know the meaning of the word quit!

Boy, there were times this game where I was ready to go quit and go play with the dog. Well, now I'm going to play with our German Shepherd.

Reaction Score
Two run moonshot and a save. Crawford is so damn special

Crawford hasn't pitched much this season, but last year during the summer Crawford did well on the mound, but did have trouble with with control. He certainly looked sharp today. So far in 3 innings pitched this season, Crawford has 1 hit by pitch, no walks, and 8 strikeouts. I'll certainly take that. I have a suspicion that during Big East Conference weekends, the coaches are going to have to make sure that Crawford gets on the mound at least 1 time during these 4 game sets. It might be easier to get him warmed up in games they figure him to pitch if he occasionally plays as the D.H.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Any win vs Bryant is a good baseball win

Reaction Score
Crawford hasn't pitched much this season, but last year during the summer Crawford did well on the mound, but did have trouble with with control. He certainly looked sharp today. So far in 3 innings pitched this season, Crawford has 1 hit by pitch, no walks, and 8 strikeouts. I'll certainly take that. I have a suspicion that during Big East Conference weekends, the coaches are going to have to make sure that Crawford gets on the mound at least 1 time during these 4 game sets. It might be easier to get him warmed up in games they figure him to pitch if he occasionally plays as the D

Crawford is pitching like he may be the best arm they have in the bullpen. Putting aside how they best develop him for a future pro career, they do need to figure out how they get him on the mound more consistently in big moments.

One idea. Start him for a set one or two innings, where you warm him up before the game. Start C Wink at first, Kyler in Center and Morton in right as the “pitcher” not in the lineup. When Reggie is done, the “starter” comes in to Morton’s slot, and everyone slides to their normal defensive positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom