UConn/USF game thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

UConn/USF game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game was lost on the field.
The game was lost by failing to exploit the middle of the field early and often. It was lost because Diaco insists on the D carrying an impossible load. +4 TOs and a loss is nuts. It was lost because everyone knows you blitz UConn and there is still no reliable check down that should be second nature.

Reaction Score
they were rushing 3 or 4 and still getting to RS

I would have risked a few big plays early to get some hits on him rather than hang back and gas the entire defense and have him fresh at the end. That's where our strategy fails.

Reaction Score
Just keep in mind that USF is probably the 2nd best team on our schedule this year and will probably be in the conference title game. They're no slouch. The D hung in it for awhile but can only do so much.

Reaction Score
Zoo you can't be serious with this post! Are you watching the same game the rest of us are...and have you watched him all season. Not taking anything away from his toughness or how much heart he has..BUT he isn't a college QB! NC ST and Dave Doren wanted him to play FB for a reason! He can't make his progressions or make his reads! He isn't a good QB period!

I'm absolutely serious.

How can the team compete on an elite level when the plan is to give up the lead and play from behind?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This next series would be a good time to see Anderson at QB. We can't win, but we can give him some important minutes...

Reaction Score
We have a good squad. I still think 7 regular season wins is very possible. Lets keep some perspective here.

that gotta stop settling for moral victories I'm not saying you are specifically but we gotta get rid of this were not good enough mentality, I still haven't gotten over the UVA and Cuse loses accepting this is accepting mediocrity.

Reaction Score
Did the defense think South Florida was just gonna milk the clock and be kind. They got what they deserved.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Kill Diaco if you want - but South Florida just has better players. It's not even really all that close.

Wait, I was told CT high school football produces great players...after all, about a dozen are in the NFL out of several HUNDRED

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Kill Diaco if you want - but South Florida just has better players. It's not even really all that close.

I'd say they had a better player. Flowers was just crazy good tonight. Unstoppable...

Reaction Score
It seems everybody has better,and faster players than Uconn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have UConn +21 and had the over 52.5. Maybe at least reward me for my loyalty?

Reaction Score

... and the plays were there to keep moving the ball.

Flowers is just as good as Ward.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

So true. We had a pretty good showing. If we convert that third down where Shirreffs threw behind Beals, could have been a different game...that was the turning point. We were up 3 and needed a score to keep the momentum in our favor. That being said, USF was so much better than us and Flowers was a great runner. All in all, I think we're a better team than we were last year and are headed in the right direction. Really wasn't a bad game. Only major concern was blitz protection (obviously) and by association keeping BS alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom