UConn/UNH weekend series (@UNH fri 7, @UConn sat 3:30) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn/UNH weekend series (@UNH fri 7, @UConn sat 3:30)

Reaction Score
7 HE wins in 14-15 1st season of HE
6 HE wins in 15-16
8 HE wins in 16-17
8 HE wins in 17-18
with BC, NU BU, and UMass left

Still in 7th before other HE games

HockeyEastOnline.com - Men's Standings

17 pts tied for 6th with Maine
Teams behind have 11 pts highest total

However UConn has played 20 while others below will have 16 or 17

Great sweep. beat BC!!

I could be wrong but didn't the previous 3 years only have 22 conference games? I think they went up to 24 after ND left? Gotta factor that in

Reaction Score
7 HE wins in 14-15 1st season of HE
6 HE wins in 15-16
8 HE wins in 16-17
8 HE wins in 17-18
with BC, NU, BU, and UMass left

Still in 7th before other HE games

HockeyEastOnline.com - Men's Standings

17 pts tied for 6th with Maine
Teams behind have 11 pts highest total

However UConn has played 20 while others below will have 16 or 17

Great sweep. beat BC!!

UConn, seventh in the standings, has four games left in Hockey East. The teams below the Huskies have 4 or 5 extra Hockey East games to play than UConn. Still, I have to figure UConn is in pretty good shape for clinching home ice in the opening round of the HE playoffs, and that would be especially true if the Huskies get one more win in HE. With UMass still on the schedule, that is highly doable. One thing for certain, with only 5 games left to play in February, the Huskies should be well rested going into these final games and then the HE playoffs.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UNHpuck? Hello? .........crickets....

Reaction Score
Nice win by the team today. I'm primarily a football fan but every time I go to a hockey game (as I did today) I enjoy it even though I don't know anything about it. I can see this becoming a major attraction, eventually. Is there a plan to upgrade the facilities?

Reaction Score
Nice win by the team today. I'm primarily a football fan but every time I go to a hockey game (as I did today) I enjoy it even though I don't know anything about it. I can see this becoming a major attraction, eventually. Is there a plan to upgrade the facilities?

Thank you for attending today.

We need more of you. The freebies from UConn helped attendance, but it needs to be like tonight all season
Live hockey is great!

Soccer, baseball, and softball upgrades are first.

I think a on-campus arena will be next on the docket.

Reaction Score
UNH fanbase in full meltdown mode on USCHO after today..I actually feel bad for former UConn Asst Mike Souza who played at UNH and left UConn to coach there as head Asst and HC in waiting. They have turned on him like a pack of wolves. Great game today for UConn! Thought they played well off the puck and getting to loose pucks. Passing sharpened up as game went along..and they stood up tall when
UNH tried to physically intimidate them.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
BC is 13-10-3. They're not very good, but have feasted on us and our UNH friends all year while getting murdered by ranked teams. If this resurgence is the real deal, prove it by beating them.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I was at the game as well. Great energy on the ice and in the stands. It was a really fun game to watch. UNH is a little... well let's call it chippy. Those are always fun teams to send home with a loss.

Reaction Score
Thank you for attending today.

We need more of you. The freebies from UConn helped attendance, but it needs to be like tonight all season
Live hockey is great!

Soccer, baseball, and softball upgrades are first.

I think a on-campus arena will be next on the docket.

I've noticed there's a strong tendency for UConn Mens' and Womens' Ice Hockey to schedule home games at the same time. Like yesterday (1/27/18) at 3PM versus 3:35; and next Friday (2/2/18) at 7PM. It happens a lot. I notice it because I would gladly go to both. Anyway, it doesn't seem like clever athletic policy, and can't affect the attendance positively. It seems so preventable.

Is this an old question? Sorry if so. If not, does anyone know the reason why UConn MHOC and WHOC games are so often scheduled on top of each other? Who makes these decisions? And perhaps the scheduling is smart for some reason I can't see?

Reaction Score
I've noticed there's a strong tendency for UConn Mens' and Womens' Ice Hockey to schedule home games at the same time. Like yesterday (1/27/18) at 3PM versus 3:35; and next Friday (2/2/18) at 7PM. It happens a lot. I notice it because I would gladly go to both. Anyway, it doesn't seem like clever athletic policy, and can't affect the attendance positively. It seems so preventable.

Is this an old question? Sorry if so. If not, does anyone know the reason why UConn MHOC and WHOC games are so often scheduled on top of each other? Who makes these decisions? And perhaps the scheduling is smart for some reason I can't see?

I doubt it affects attendance much. I've noticed in past years that women's ice hockey games at UConn usually have only a couple hundred people attending no matter if the men's team is playing at the same time or not.

Part of the schedule conflict is due to the weekends being prime time for playing all college hockey games for both sexes. Part of this is also due to the limited availability of the XL Center to the men's ice hockey team, which seems to be the reason that the men's team often plays on Saturday afternoon, which is usually a prime time for women's games. But obviously, if the two teams were playing in the same arena there wouldn't be any conflicts.

When both teams were playing on campus, the tendency was for the men to play on Friday and Saturday nights, while the women play Saturday and Sunday afternoons. When the men didn't have a home game on Friday night, one of the women's games would occasionally slide over into Friday night. Generally speaking, night games are more desirable in college hockey, so it is no real surprise that with the men no longer playing on campus, the UConn women want to play more Friday night games. This would have the advantage of avoiding Saturday or Sunday conflicts with either of the UConn basketball teams, which would be an especially important consideration if either of these teams are playing on campus at Gampel.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the game as well. Great energy on the ice and in the stands. It was a really fun game to watch. UNH is a little... well let's call it chippy. Those are always fun teams to send home with a loss.
Those teams used to pretty much beat UConn into the ground with that style Cav’s first year or 2....but as this Sr Class (which came in as young freshman compared to every other team’s classes) matured and he brought in some bigger older kids the tides have changed. Robbins and Rigali remind me a lot of Ronan...hard skaters who leave it all on the ice...they are bit more scrappier but similar players. To be solidly mid-pack if HE in season 4 as a member ahead of programs like UNH and UVM is a win to me.

Reaction Score
What happened to Tanner Creel? Earlier in the year he looked awful. Now he is making big stops! Great to see him step up.

Reaction Score
@unhpuck ... How's your state of delirium progressing? Thank you for supporting the UConn Huskies!

I root for all Hockey East programs except BC, so I am happy the Huskies gave their fan base something to cheer for other than women's basketball. It's tough to see it come at the expense of the Durham community, but it was a great weekend for college hockey and we're moving onto Northeastern (do they have a board?). Best of luck the rest of the way and perhaps we'll see you again in March!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom