UConn/UNH weekend series (@UNH fri 7, @UConn sat 3:30) | The Boneyard

UConn/UNH weekend series (@UNH fri 7, @UConn sat 3:30)

Reaction Score
Obviously Husky fans are brimming with excitement in light of their upset @ Providence on Saturday night. I know that the tension and anticipation for the game on Friday is already palpable in Durham and that people are beginning to camp out for that game now. Will the Huskies be intimidated by the environment like Providence was earlier in the season and surrender an easy goal or will they rise to the challenge and continue their climb to prominence?

Fascinated to hear what Husky fans are saying about what should be a spectacle!

Reaction Score
Obviously Husky fans are brimming with excitement in light of their upset @ Providence on Saturday night. I know that the tension and anticipation for the game on Friday is already palpable in Durham and that people are beginning to camp out for that game now. Will the Huskies be intimidated by the environment like Providence was earlier in the season and surrender an easy goal or will they rise to the challenge and continue their climb to prominence?

Fascinated to hear what Husky fans are saying about what should be a spectacle!
Depends on which team shows up... Is it the team that beats BU and PC or is the team that gets swept by Merrimac and loses to Sacred Heart.

Reaction Score
Depends on which team shows up... Is it the team that beats BU and PC or is the team that gets swept by Merrimac and loses to Sacred Heart.

One thing that I've come to realize is that in this league, anybody can beat anybody. It's not like basketball or football where you know going in that UConn can't compete with the better teams in the conference. That's why I believe they're foolish to invest in those sports rather than hockey. In hockey, the fans matter.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
One thing that I've come to realize is that in this league, anybody can beat anybody. It's not like basketball or football where you know going in that UConn can't compete with the better teams in the conference. That's why I believe they're foolish to invest in those sports rather than hockey. In hockey, the fans matter.
UConn will sweep.

Reaction Score
UConn will sweep.

Well I'm glad you at least have the stones to go on record unlike so many others ducking this thread. To think that UConn is going to go into the Aquarium of Delirium in Durham where the alcohol will be flowing and Big Game Boyd is on the prowl is quite naive and I am sure you will learn the hard way like Lowell, Colgate, Colorado College, Providence, and so many other victims have before you.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree, it's extremely foolish to invest in a sport when you win 4 National Championships. We should invest in other not so successful programs like Field Hockey and Women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Well I'm glad you at least have the stones to go on record unlike so many others ducking this thread. To think that UConn is going to go into the Aquarium of Delirium in Durham where the alcohol will be flowing and Big Game Boyd is on the prowl is quite naive and I am sure you will learn the hard way like Lowell, Colgate, Colorado College, Providence, and so many other victims have before you.

When did they start selling alcohol at the whittemore center?

UNH hasn't won a game in the last 9
0-6-3

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Trying to think of a fanbase that dislikes us and UNH enough to make a troll alt like this. UMass?

UNH fans are cool when they are not throwing lobsters at opposing players.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree, it's extremely foolish to invest in a sport when you win 4 National Championships. We should invest in other not so successful programs like Field Hockey and Women's basketball.

Well we all know that women's basketball is the crown jewel at UConn. If you grow up wanting to watch 100-40 thrillers in women's basketball, UConn is the school for you. The rest of Husky nation has come to the realization that UConn is now a hockey school. They have proven competitive with the best hockey programs in the land. In a sport like basketball, UNH now considers UConn a peer. In football, UNH is a peer. Difference is, ice hockey is where the schools are nationally relevant which is why we will likely see more people in attendance for Saturday's game than there was for Columbia early this season in hoops.

Reaction Score

UNH hasn't won a game in the last 9
0-6-3

I believe it was this season, all part of the marketing overhaul that has caused many UNH hockey fans to nickname the building the Aquarium of Delirium.

Reaction Score
I believe it was this season, all part of the marketing overhaul that has caused many UNH hockey fans to nickname the building the Aquarium of Delirium.
The name you made up for the whittemore center sucks.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Vermont, incidentally, is currently peerless in New England hoops. They just beat the great New Hampshire by double digits, UConn is obviously a tire fire, BC is back to being dreadful as usual...UVM is the only NCAA worthy team in the region. I gotta give them props, they play extremely hard and have great guards.

Reaction Score
Vermont, incidentally, is currently peerless in New England hoops. They just beat the great New Hampshire by double digits, UConn is obviously a tire fire, BC is back to being dreadful as usual...UVM is the only NCAA worthy team in the region. I gotta give them props, they play extremely hard and have great guards.

You can hardly utter the word Vermont around Durham without people recoiling in disgust. This is a program that has ended our tournament hopes the last two seasons and looks poised to repeat as champions this year.

Brutal loss just now to Maine. The Cross Insurance Center has always been a tough place to play, but I had hoped that with this veteran team we would avoid tripping up.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Don't worry, not sure if UConn would win at the Cross Insurance Center either. Would probably be a 52-50 type game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn will sweep.

Reaction Score

There was a change in a state law that allowed a beer garden to be added at Wildcat Stadium this past football season followed up by beer sales at the Whittemore Center this season.

I must have missed something during my multiple trips to the Whitt these past few seasons, sure didn't see anything resembling delirium in there. Well, other than season ticket holders rushing out before a game ends to beat the traffic jam in Lot A! :D

Reaction Score
Trying to think of a fanbase that dislikes us and UNH enough to make a troll alt like this. UMass?

UNH fans are cool when they are not throwing lobsters at opposing players.
There are a few unfriendly one's over on USCHO

Reaction Score
Damn, really? Oh well.

Let's smash them then!
IMHO they really are just threatened by Uconn potential and the fact that Cav is the HC (there is one in particular that refers to Cav as Luce Canaan). There are some really good one's over there too...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom