UConn/Tulsa game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn/Tulsa game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont see a single player on this team that has that fight. There is no sense of extra effort or desperation to keep us to a certain level of standard, until its too late in the game. Hopefully someone develops that, because right now it doesnt exists. We can talk about bringing back Dham, Pruvis, amida, whatever, but if they dont develop that leadership and winning attitude, it will be more of the same for us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why do we struggle so much with this GD conference? This is embarrassing. The other elite programs win these types of games by 20.
And this is why we are not an elite program. We have way too many down years

Reaction Score
It should be clear to just about everyone at this point, this coaching staff has no answers. At all. For anything.

And for those spinning we have no talent or are worse than last year I disagree. They started off showing potential and are getting progressively worse.

Reaction Score
Why do we struggle so much with this GD conference? This is embarrassing. The other elite programs win these types of games by 20.

We don't have the talent and we don't have the coaching. It's a bad combination in any league.

Reaction Score
What's scary is our "perception" as a great program is going to go downhill fast. Honest question, if we don't make the tourney this year or next do we let Ollie go?
No but he needs to stop looking like he's constantly about to cry on the sidelines. It's tough to be positive but the coach rubs off on the players. Calhoun would be screaming this underperforming bunch into the ground.

Reaction Score
What an awful finish. These guys act like they are pros. Lazy shots, no d, no coaching.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Didn't even try for a rebound on the free throw. This is sad.

Reaction Score
The way this team looks now it will be the second year of ineptness in this league. How many seasons like this can UConn withstand?

Reaction Score
If we were in a different conference I think I'd be questions KO's job. He's safe forever though. He needs to get rid of the nepotism and hire some real assistant coaches. He's a recruiter / motivator and should stick to that.

Reaction Score
The most positive spin you can put on this is that Ollie is trying to break the team/teach them a lesson by not calling time outs. I doubt it but I don't get it otherwise.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure 2014 was a mirage

Larry Coker once won a national title in football because he took over a team that had great players and great leadership. He then proceeded to roll out a worse product every year in a league that most thought his team would run. I'm watching the same thing happen here, the exact same thing, and it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom