UCONN to practice at XL on Monday | The Boneyard

UCONN to practice at XL on Monday

Reaction Score
Knowing every little detail of the venue is critical when it comes to being an inch away from a baseline to a heel touching the line. Especially at home court. Smart move.

Curious how often Calhoun did this.
I know he did it at least once because I was there. Many years ago.

Reaction Score
Knowing every little detail of the venue is critical when it comes to being an inch away from a baseline to a heel touching the line. Especially at home court. Smart move.

Curious how often Calhoun did this.
I think they actually stayed in hotels close to hartford when they were on break

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I think they actually stayed in hotels close to hartford when they were on break
Yes. I know the team barber. He would go to their hotel to cut their hair. Sometimes it would be downtown, or at a hotel near Buckland Hills.

Reaction Score
The crowd usually brings it.

The St John’s game was a snoozer tho.
Yeah it's up to the team. Against the Johnnies every nice offensive play which began the noise ended because our defense couldn't get stops. It's the reality of the crowd, the team needs to help create the noise.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The women’s crowd brought it at XL this weekend. Screaming, bulls—- chants and one angry old guy even through a bottle on the court during the second half.
That was an ill-timed tech. A la DH. Although, it almost worked. The ladies could have still won. That handoff on the inbounds was a bad missed call. Decided a lot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I always wondered if bouncing between two home courts impacts our shooting, with the different rims and sight lines. I think this is a good idea. Need every point we can against Marquette.

Reaction Score
Should be an advantage to play at XL. Do something positive and the crowd will be there. Simple as that.

Reaction Score
XL seems like it's a really hard place to get jump shots to fall. Even for the home team.
Been that way forever. Practicing there is a great idea!

DOOMED!

Reaction Score
XL seems like it's a really hard place to get jump shots to fall. Even for the home team.
Been that way forever. Practicing there is a great idea!

DOOMED!
Not sure about that - I think someone had recently unearthed that our shooting % the past few years at XL and Gampel were basically the same (and maybe XL was actually a nudge higher but I might be misremembering)?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The women’s crowd brought it at XL this weekend. Screaming, bulls—- chants at the refs and one angry old guy even threw a bottle on the court during the second half.
We should’ve played it at Gampel we would’ve won.

We also should’ve played Xavier at Gampel too, we would’ve definitely won and covered.

Reaction Score
As an aside, the women’s game was on yesterday and we had some friends over. The XL Center looks really good on tv. They showed it from ceiling. One guy commented, “That’s an impressive arena, wow.” I didn’t bother to tell him how much UConn fans hate it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom