Uconn to #1 Watch | The Boneyard

Uconn to #1 Watch

Reaction Score
Oregon already went down. Baylor is currently losing to South Carolina. Stanford will be hard pressed to beat Mississippi State tonight....

....so.....Uconn to #1:cool::cool::cool:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I personally don't like this mentality. UConn hasn't played anyone notable yet, and I dare say that's probably a good thing because frankly the team has not looked ready to take on top 10 teams. I don't see anything worth celebrating in sneaking through the backdoor into a paper #1 ranking just because other teams have played and lost to teams *much* better than anyone UConn has faced yet.

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't played anyone notable yet, and I dare say that's probably a good thing because frankly the team has not looked ready to take on top 10 teams. I don't see anything worth celebrating in sneaking through the backdoor into a paper #1 ranking.

I hear you and don't disagree......that said....UConn has on many occasions been the victim of backdoor paper rankings.

What goes around, comes around :) :D

Reaction Score
Not much chance of that. Oregon may stay No 1 with fewer #1 votes. Most voters won't make them lower than #4. If Satanford beats Miss St all those west coast #1 votes go to them. And I say they are welcome to it. UConn is in no way ready for that weight.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UCONN Lville Stanford Oregon Baylor. If Stanford loses Stanford drops to 6 and everyone else moves up. Some may disagree that Uconn isn't nu.ber one however everyone else has lost but Lville and maybe Stanford. Therefore perhaps everyone else isn't that good yeti.

Reaction Score
Well, all three teams ahead of UConn in the Massey ratings lost. They might be number one there, which would not be terrible.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The big thing to me is that Oregon and Baylor are not as good as everyone thought.
Especially Oregon. I thought they were the one team that was on a higher level than any other team. UConn has not beaten a top 25 team yet but, they have not played a top 25 team. If Makurat is healthy, UConn will surprise some people outside of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Once Makurat can consistently knock down shots and we get better PG play from Crystal we will be the team to beat.

Reaction Score
UConn second to Louisville in the Massey ratings. Makes perfect sense.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I expect SC to jump UConn with lots of voters and they are not far behind us in the polls. I can see the new poll being 1) Stanford, 2) South Carolina, 3)UConn. Remember to many UConn is still bad for WBB.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
He's my attempt at figuring this out -

1. Stanford
2. Louisville
3. UConn
4. South Carolina
5. Oregon
6. Baylor

I don't see any ranked team going undefeated this season.

Reaction Score
UConn as number 1 means women's basketball in the USA is upside down. Maybe parity really has arrived. However, if UConn starts to defeat Oregon, Baylor and some other high ranked teams it would be believable. Either teams have had bad night's, teams have been out coached, and some players and teams have played their greatest game ever. But, UConn as number 1 doesn't work for me based on who they have played this year. Now, if we had last year's players or the year before, then I would agree, but not now.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom