UConn-Temple game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn-Temple game thread

Reaction Score
JordyG, do you think it may be autocorrecting it to Adams, meaning Jalen Adams? Since he plays for the UConn men, and this appears to be a site-wide issue, it could be that when you type A'ja it sees the "ja" and automatically inserts Adams. Just a thought ...

Edit: Sorry -- didn't see Husky Nan's explanation until just now ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My observation: when she was in with the starters, she was involved in the offense, passing, shooting when close to the basket. When in with others, if she touches the ball, it's going up.
Thankfully with most of the subs standing around, Megan can create a shot.

Reaction Score
Big time congrats to Kyla and Megan. As Kyla's biggest boneyard supporter I could not be more happy!! Big minutes at a big time for these girls. We're going to need them the rest of the way!

Reaction Score
Megan is a jack of all trades, master of none. And I do not mean that as an insult. Hurry up and figure it out in practice, please. :( ;)

I stand by that assessment even after this game. She's a hard player to pigeonhole, because she can do almost anything...albeit not yet as well as the best players on the team do those things.

It's a big part of what makes her fun to watch, IMO. She isn't the "team passer," the "team slasher," the "team jump shooter," or the "team rebounder." But she'll take turns at being each of those things and more for short stretches, and look really good doing it.

"Figure it out in practice" was shorthand for "do whatever makes Geno happy." :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
gee is that a different Walker from the one that didn't score in the entire second quarter against Tulsa? Not really....just put here in the right situation with the starters and she's good for 16/7/5 any every game....mistakes yes but the more she plays the more dominant she'll be......
Or 22/6/5. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The game started out slowly as players tried to find traction with Lou out of the game. Once they got going, the Huskies looked awesome. Only issue that I could see were on defense- I’m sure Geno will address those but overall, great effort.
We gave up too much dribble penetration--again--but no complaint overall from me. It was a fun game to attend. I wish I had really made the "MEG" sign I was contemplating.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are other words and phrases that this board changes into something else when you post.
Now I have an excuse for when my posts are not so intelligent. And I'm using it, dammit! :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hopefully this will be the pattern for the next couple games. Rest the walking wounded, get solid minutes from the bench and head down to Columbia on the 2nd with a healthy, deep team ready to do battle with the Gamecocks.
Yep, build on this!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Agreed....she's a work in progress but I think she can be a contributor this season, especially at the defensive end..
Some people talk about Williams playing a lot next season and she might. However, she will have to play really well to earn a spot ahead of Coombs, imo.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
They’ve stopped looking for Lou on offense and are doing the work themselves. This is very good
They did the same thing in the games KLS did not play and in the fourth quarter against ND. They can play well without her but I hope they won't have to for any extended time.

Reaction Score
Some people talk about Williams playing a lot next season and she might. However, she will have to play really well to earn a spot ahead of Coombs, imo.

CW is an advanced offensive machine.............she's a pretty good defensive player and UConn will need to makeup for Kia's points per game so the odds are she will see the court early and often...............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
CW is an advanced offensive machine...she's a pretty good defensive player and UConn will need to makeup for Kia's points per game so the odds are she will see the court early and often.....
I have no doubt that CW will be a significant contributor next season, but I’m not sure that it will be early in the season. All freshmen have a learning curve and, as talented as she is, CW will be no different.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
CW is an advanced offensive machine...she's a pretty good defensive player and UConn will need to makeup for Kia's points per game so the odds are she will see the court early and often.....
Have you watched her defense. Evidently not. You know how high UCONN's defensive standards are. She may see the court but I doubt it's early and it won't be before Coombs, imo, unless she is at the Bird, Diana, Moore, or Stewart level talent wise.

Reaction Score
Have you watched her defense. Evidently not. You know how high UCONN's defensive standards are. She may see the court but I doubt it's early and it won't be before Coombs, imo, unless she is at the Bird, Diana, Moore, or Stewart level talent wise.

it's too early to say that CW will reach those lofty heights but in total there are things she can do offensively that no other UConn player currently on the team can do...........I am a fan of Ms Coombs and I am a proponent of giving her more time on the court but apparently her defensive prowess is not enough to earn the time according to the coach...........mark my words, William's skills will be needed next year and she will play substantial minutes.................BTW Collier and Stevens are awful defensively according to Geno yet they both see a whole lot of court time because they can flat out score...............

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
it's too early to say the CW will reach those lofty heights but in total there are things she can do offensively that no other UConn player currently on the team can do......I am a fan of Ms Coombs and I am a proponent of giving her more time on the court but apparently her defensive prowess is not enough to earn the time according to the coach......mark my words, William's skills will be needed next year and she will play substantial minutes....
I'm going to hold you to that. When mentioning the four I was not speaking of her being at their level now but, if she is at the level they were when they were freshmen. I can't imagine what things she can do offensively that no current UCONN player can do. I'm not saying she can't, just, I can't think of what those things are.

Reaction Score
I'm going to hold you to that. When mentioning the four I was not speaking of her being at their level now but, if she is at the level they were when they were freshmen. I can't imagine what things she can do offensively that no current UCONN player can do. I'm not saying she can't, just, I can't think of what those things are.

Unfortunately I never got to see any of the others play in high school so there's no way I can make a comparison.............I do watch a lot of video and a lot of games live and Williams is one of the most dynamic all around scorers I've ever seen....................she has Walker's inside and mid range game (which we are just starting to see) shoots the three really well and best of all she is relentless at driving to the basket with either hand and finishing after contact.................she took some criticism for her poor international play last summer but she was coming off of several injuries and she has since more then returned to form.................she will have to earn her minutes just like everybody else but I think her talent is so apparent and she has such a good attitude that she will have to really screw up not to see some major minutes as the season progresses........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom