Men - UConn Summer Baseball 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Summer Baseball 2024

Reaction Score
I just did another quick look last night at the Cape Cod League Player Search function for the 2024 summer season. Currently there is now only 1 UConn player listed as going to be playing on the Cape this summer.

Gabe Van Emon - Chatham

Jude Abbadessa and Ryan Daniels are both not listed on the Player Search function. Guessing that due to their injuries that they had during the spring season with UConn that they will not be able to play summer ball.

I've mentioned this before, but players do come and go from all the leagues during the summer ball season, leaving clubs at some point during the season, and also joining teams during the course of the summer season. We'll see if some other UConn players end up playing on the Cape this summer.
The Cape Cod League Player Search function is now showing another UConn player for the 2024 summer season:

Braden Quinn - Orleans

The Cape Cod League is starting up play. Currently the only UConn player on a Cape Cod roster is Braden Quinn, it would seem that Van Emon has not yet joined Chatham, at least not yet.

It will be interesting to see if other UConn players end up playing on the Cape this summer. I wonder if any more Huskies will pop up in the league after the MLB draft.

Reaction Score

Gabriel Tirado is doing quite well so far in summer ball with New Britain in the Futures League. He has played in 10 games with 35 at bats and 9 walks, and has a batting average of .343, an on base percentage of .500, and a slugging percentage of .657. He has 2 home runs and 5 doubles so far. He has played at D.H., catcher, and at 1B during this summer season the last I looked.

Reaction Score
Freshman Infielder Rob Rispoli did not play this past season with UConn. This summer he is on the roster of Amsterdam in the Perfect Game College Baseball League, a summer ball league in New York.

Reaction Score
The Cape Cod League is starting up play. Currently the only UConn player on a Cape Cod roster is Braden Quinn, it would seem that Van Emon has not yet joined Chatham, at least not yet.

It will be interesting to see if other UConn players end up playing on the Cape this summer. I wonder if any more Huskies will pop up in the league after the MLB draft.

Braden Quinn is no longer on the Orleans roster in the Cape League.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Every year I get my hopes up about seeing a player on the Cape. Every year, seemingly, it gets dashed.

Reaction Score

Looking forward to see what Sean Finn can due with UConn baseball in the future given the speed he is throwing at in summer ball.

Reaction Score
The smartest thing I heard JP say was whether/if the guy’s been an ace, winning big games for his team. A guy who has a history of coming up big plays at any level. Pitching is a lonely business, and a guy who can/wants to carry the weight is someone you can work with. Talent plus grit is a winning combo.
One tough factor to account for is how much larger high school strike zones are than those in college

Reaction Score
I just looked at the NECBL Player Search function for the 2024 summer season, the league started its season recently. Here are the UConn players listed as going to be playing in the NECBL this summer. Not all of them are listed yet on team rosters, so they may be joining those teams sometime during the season.

Alex Mach - Danbury
Charlie West - Danbury
Sean Finn - Keene
Joe Carrea - Keene
Devin Wolff - Mystic
Tyler Minick - Mystic
Drew Kron - Mystic
Tom Galusha - Mystic
Tom Turner - Ocean State
Niki Brini - Newport
Tom Ellisen - Sanford

Beau Root - Vermont - His school is listed as UConn, he has been playing for Middlebury College for the last few years. Looks like he is a grad transfer.

Also, former UConn baseball pitcher Mason Feole is the pitching coach at Ocean State.

Maddix Dalena is now on the Mystic roster.

Caleb Shpur is now on the Sanford roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hector Alejandro was the starting pitcher tonight for Norwich in the Futures League tonight, and got the win. He pitched 5 innings and allowed 1 run. He did fine in his start tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom