Men - UConn Summer Baseball 2024 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Summer Baseball 2024

Reaction Score
Before he pitched his complete game no hitter, Hector Alejandro had recently joined the Norwich Sea Unicorns and was being used as as starting pitcher. Still, before no hitter, Alejandro in his starts was not going a long way in terms of the innings he was pitching. Before the complete game no hitter, he had pitched 5 innings in 1 game, and 4 innings in 2 games, and less than that in the few other games he had pitched in. Still, it will be interesting to see how many innings he goes in games he pitches after his no hitter.

Hector Alejandro is the starting pitcher for Norwich tonight, his first start since his no hitter.

Reaction Score
Hector Alejandro is the starting pitcher for Norwich tonight, his first start since his no hitter.

Wow, in the top of the 1st against Vermont, Alejandro strikes out the side.

Reaction Score
Wow, in the top of the 1st against Vermont, Alejandro strikes out the side.

Norwich wins 3-1 against Vermont. Alejandro gets the win, he pitched 6 innings, gave up the 1 run, and gave up 3 hits, 1 walk, and 2 hit by pitches. He also had 9 strikeouts. He had a nice game following his no hitter.

Reaction Score

Tyler Minick is having a very good summer in the NECBL playing for the Mystic Schooners. Of course, as mentioned previously in this summer baseball thread, he played in the NECBL all star game, which helps indicate the type of summer he is having.

Minick has played in 19 games for Mystic, and is hitting .308 in 65 at bats, with 6 home runs and 21 RBI's. Minick also has 7 walks so far with Mystic, which percentage wise is better than how he did with walks during the spring college season with UConn.

You never know about the newcomers to UConn in the fall, but at this point I would certainly expect Minick see a lot of playing time in the infield, most likely at 3B next season with the Huskies. We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Keene must be running out of position players.

When Sean Finn first joined UConn last fall, he was listed on the roster as an infielder as well as a pitcher (no mention of outfielder). As time passed at UConn, it seemed in the spring season that there was no intention of playing him at any positions other than as a pitcher.

Reaction Score
In the 1st inning of the game tonight with Vermont at Norwich, Connor Lane hit a grand slam.
He's obviously a strong kid but .204 with 18 strikeouts in less than 60 ab's is troubling. Tirado looks like he's more polished offensively based on the summer #'s. His strikeouts are a little high as well but more power and overall production.

Reaction Score
He's obviously a strong kid but .204 with 18 strikeouts in less than 60 ab's is troubling. Tirado looks like he's more polished offensively based on the summer #'s. His strikeouts are a little high as well but more power and overall production.

Yeah, from what I have seen of Connor Lane this summer, he has not had that many good offensive games, maybe about 4 good ones. My wife was commenting during the game that he often seems to get 2 strikes on him before getting an out or a hit or a walk.

Reaction Score
Yeah, from what I have seen of Connor Lane this summer, he has not had that many good offensive games, maybe about 4 good ones. My wife was commenting during the game that he often seems to get 2 strikes on him before getting an out or a hit or a walk.
maybe they can change his approach and have him be more aggressive early in counts. I'm more excited about his arm anyway. Who knows. Probably be 50 kids at Uconn this fall trying to earn a roster spot.

Reaction Score

I knew Aidan Dougherty was having a really solid summer season. Winning the MVP of his summer league for the past month is a really nice honor that really says something. I am really looking forward to him joining up with UConn baseball starting this fall.

Reaction Score
I knew Aidan Dougherty was having a really solid summer season. Winning the MVP of his summer league for the past month is a really nice honor that really says something. I am really looking forward to him joining up with UConn baseball starting this fall.

Oops, have to admit I got the stuff wrong on winning the MVP, they are looking for votes for Dougherty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom