UConn still has four open scholarships for next season but likely won’t fill all of them. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn still has four open scholarships for next season but likely won’t fill all of them.

Reaction Score
It's getting increasingly difficult to find kids willing to come in for that "10-15 mpg bench role with consideration for a starting spot in the future".

I think it has to be a Castle re-class or someone not even on our radar.

Reaction Score
It's getting increasingly difficult to find kids willing to come in for that "10-15 mpg bench role with consideration for a starting spot in the future".

I think it has to be a Castle re-class or someone not even on our radar.
I love the idea of going after guys that have already transferred for this role so they can’t just up and leave so easily for more PT after a season

Reaction Score
Femi Odukale really fits the bill. 6'5 185 averaged 10/4/4 with 3 years of eligibility left. Haven't watched any full games but from clips seems like he has decent handle can attack the rim and has a respectable shot. Played 30+ minutes for Pitt last year so not sure if he would accept a sixth man role here but imo he would be the perfect fit.

Reaction Score
They appear to be focused on Diarra.
No idea if this is actually true or not, but would make a ton of sense. We need another kid that can play PG...we only have one guy on the roster to do that right now, and who knows if Castle is coming or not. Obvious ties to UConn, local kid, tough player who wouldn't demand a ton of minutes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No idea if this is actually true or not, but would make a ton of sense. We need another kid that can play PG...we only have one guy on the roster to do that right now, and who knows if Castle is coming or not. Obvious ties to UConn, local kid, tough player who wouldn't demand a ton of minutes.
Agree. He's a really good fit, and likely wouldn't expect starter's minutes. Two years + covid year I believe. Looking at his stats, his A to TO ratio is awful (far worse than Gaffney) and his shooting is nothing to write home about. But maybe Taliek can help him.

Reaction Score
They appear to be focused on Diarra.
I wouldn’t mind him to be honest, but there are other players I like too. I would be happy with 2 outta these 3 (Femi, Diarra, Walton), but I doubt 2 would commit. I don’t see Ramey coming but I’d love to have him.

Checked out Tex AM board

Reaction Score
Doesn’t Scheffer still have a year of eligibility left? International Point guard with experience…..
He is pushing 50
But I’ll take a young clone in a heartbeat he was very underrated .
UConn fans historically look at the team that lost to MSS as underachieving,
But a closer look and they might have overachieved , other than Ray and Doron the talent level drops and the bench players were decent but not superstar plus freshman
Ray 23.5. 6.5 3.3
Doron 16 4.8 6.1
Kirk King 9.9 6.3 1
Travis Knight 9.1 9.3 2.1
Rudy Johnson 7.5 2.7 1.7
Ray shot .445 from the three .515 from the two which is mind boggling when you consider teams were set up to stop him.
They had Lost Donny , KO, and Brian Fair from the previous year that lost to UCLA a much better and deeper team.

The freshman bench was
Rash Jones
Ricky Moore
They won the Big East , only preseason 16 they actually reached number 1 but still
finished in the top 10 and won 28 games losing 5
Villanova and Kittles crushed them twice , Kansas* crushed them also and pesky PC.

*We were number 1 going into that game which was out there , and the chants of overrated gave me nightmares that night .

Reaction Score
He is pushing 50
But I’ll take a young clone in a heartbeat he was very underrated .
UConn fans historically look at the team that lost to MSS as underachieving,
But a closer look and they might have overachieved , other than Ray and Doron the talent level drops and the bench players were decent but not superstar plus freshman
Ray 23.5. 6.5 3.3
Doron 16 4.8 6.1
Kirk King 9.9 6.3 1
Travis Knight 9.1 9.3 2.1
Rudy Johnson 7.5 2.7 1.7
Ray shot .445 from the three .515 from the two which is mind boggling when you consider teams were set up to stop him.
They had Lost Donny , KO, and Brian Fair from the previous year that lost to UCLA a much better and deeper team.

The freshman bench was
Rash Jones
Ricky Moore
They won the Big East , only preseason 16 they actually reached number 1 but still
finished in the top 10 and won 28 games losing 5
Villanova and Kittles crushed them twice , Kansas* crushed them also and pesky PC.

*We were number 1 going into that game which was out there , and the chants of overrated gave me nightmares that night .

Doron had a bad hammy and the late blooming Ricky Moore hurt his ankle against Colgate hence missing the Bulldog Sweet 16 game. Wilson or Bullard would’ve been shut down by Ricky changing that game but things happen!!

But agree with your assessment they had nice players but really overachieved with that roster. Great coach, superstar, international star and good, solid role players. Almost made a run to the FF and more anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Know nothing before about Diarra except what the BY says.

Checked his 2 year stats and just a mid 30% shooter in limited playing time and not a lot of assists.

The good news is that in the NIT, his shooting % and points scored, showed dramatic improvement. So judging by his most recent performance, he might be someone to consider.

1651536643976.png

1651536752072.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom