UConn, still awaiting word on Tyler Polley, mapping out potential transfers, recruits for next year | The Boneyard

UConn, still awaiting word on Tyler Polley, mapping out potential transfers, recruits for next year

Reaction Score
Article from Borges about many of the topics that we have been discussing here.

The next burgeoning question is if Tyler Polley, like Whaley, plans to return for a fifth and final season in Storrs. The 6-foot-9 forward is having a tough time making his decision, according to Adam Ross, who coached Polley for four years at The Sagemont School in Florida.

“Tyler is doing some real thinking on the topic,” Ross said in a text message, “is in regular contact with Coach (Dan) Hurley and will make a decision in the coming weeks.”

Alternate free access: UConn, still awaiting word on Tyler Polley, mapping out potential transfers, recruits for next year

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, Polley's dad made a few million bucks in the NFL so it's not like he is desperate to go pro and make money for his family. But, he might just be bored of college, homework, and exams at this point lol

Reaction Score
Well, Polley's dad made a few million bucks in the NFL so it's not like he is desperate to go pro and make money for his family. But, he might just be bored of college, homework, and exams at this point lol
I was wondering about this for all seniors electing to come back for a 5th year. They have to enroll as students right? I guess it’s a dumb question but if so good for them adding a master’s degree as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, I feel like Tyler might benefit from testing the NBA waters, without hiring an agent. In that way he would have a sense of exactly where his shortcomings are. If he actually gets interest, maybe that means it’s time to move on, but if he doesn’t, he could come back to Connecticut understanding exactly what he needs to work on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was wondering about this for all seniors electing to come back for a 5th year. They have to enroll as students right? I guess it’s a dumb question but if so good for them adding a master’s degree as well.
Yup, I think the NCAA minimum is 6 credits per semester. Most guys take classes during the winter and summer sessions though so their course load is less than a normal 2 semester/yr student. Not sure if masters programs have that type of winter/summer session flexibility though

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, I feel like Taylor might benefit from testing the NBA waters, without hiring an agent. In that way he would have a sense of exactly where his shortcomings are. If he actually gets interest, maybe that means it’s time to move on, but if he doesn’t, he could come back to Connecticut understanding exactly what he needs to work on.
Taylor? I'm guessing you haven't had your coffee yet this morning. ?

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, I feel like Taylor might benefit from testing the NBA waters, without hiring an agent. In that way he would have a sense of exactly where his shortcomings are. If he actually gets interest, maybe that means it’s time to move on, but if he doesn’t, he could come back to Connecticut understanding exactly what he needs to work on.
I’ll help T out...work on everything but shooting, and also shooting.

Reaction Score
I know that the old rule is not talking about potential transfers

But if it’s really going to be such a constant, fluid, and critical part of CBB going forward, and we are going to be posting articles like this (albeit there isn’t much actual speculation), are the rules going to change?

Reaction Score
Taylor and the Nba should never be mentioned on the same page or the same internet for that matter.

Reaction Score
If we are going to continue to play tis past season’s defensive scheme, we need more Bigs than one might think, with the inherent foul trouble associated with it.

Reaction Score
Yup, I think the NCAA minimum is 6 credits per semester. Most guys take classes during the winter and summer sessions though so their course load is less than a normal 2 semester/yr student. Not sure if masters programs have that type of winter/summer session flexibility though
I took a billiards class for credit at UConn when I was a student. I’d load up a couple of those per semester and there’s your 6 credits!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Taylor? I'm guessing you haven't had your coffee yet this morning. ?

NBA? guessing you have a head injury

Me? Who's Taylor? Did I miss something?

Taylor and the Nba should never be mentioned on the same page or the same internet for tha matter.

Taylor is a beast on the boards.
Hahaha, fook every one of you vultures. I'm laughing pretty hard over here. One of the best things of the BY is it's willingness to jump all over a typo. (Or in this case a voice to text-o)

I doubt Tyler (or Taylor for that matter) gets much, if any of a sniff by the NBA, but if, as the article suggests he may get a camp invite or two. He could benefit from that the same way that CV did. Sometimes hearing from an outside source "No kid you're not ready, here are the things you need to do if you want a shot" is the motivation that a player needs.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gee, what’s not to look at with 6’9” kid who can shoot from deep . That’s not the current nba game or anything.

Reaction Score
Gee, what’s not to look at with 6’9” kid who can shoot from deep . That’s not the current nba game or anything.
If he had a chance at the NBA don't you think he would be averaging more than 7.5 ppg? I don't want to put Tyler down but be realistic and take the seriously tinted national flag blue glasses off.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If Polley does come back and we land Locke I would LOVE to see what a lineup like Cole, Locke, Hawkins, Polley, Whaley/Sanogo/Johnson looks like. 4 shooters with range and a rebounding/defensive big seems to be the formula that is working for these better teams.

Reaction Score
Tyler has a very difficult decision. If he comes back next year to a limited or unproductive role, his pro prospects will take a major hit. The risk/reward here is off the charts.

Reaction Score
Tyler has a very difficult decision. If he comes back next year to a limited or unproductive role, his pro prospects will take a major hit. The risk/reward here is off the charts.
When you say pro prospects what do you mean? He has no chance at the NBA now or in the future. Europe will always be there and he'll make really good money. The decision for him is if he wants to hang out and play with his brothers while winning more as a Husky than he has throughout his college career or trying to get a contract in a European country during Covid. Covid will be in the rearview here soon enough but the vaccine rollout is a mess in most of Europe which makes things more difficult.

Playing another year with your best buddy Whaley and the rest of the team while maybe choosing to work on an advanced degree seems like it's probably pretty appealing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom