UConn Stanford thoughts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Stanford thoughts

Reaction Score
Jones is 6’1”, and can jump, Nika would have her hands full and then some. Ducharme is the one who should be guarding Jones. Nika might be useful on Jones in the open court, but in the half court forget it.
I don’t expect to see a lot of Ducharme tonight. I don’t think Geno has enough confidence in her in this type of game. Hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
I give us the edge at the guard position but Stanford the edge inside. If ONO can stay out of foul trouble and give at least 8 pts and 10 boards we'll be ok. We need to play our "A" game. "A-" will not get the job done I'm afraid. Kinda like the underdog role though. Perhaps we'll play loose? Really excited!

Reaction Score
As far as Caroline’s defensive talents go, you don’t know what you are talking about.
This is an opinion, not a declarative so straighten up... I’ll take my experiences with bball, playing collegiate ball, coaching girls 3rd grade thru AAU against anyone.

Reaction Score
This is an opinion, not a declarative so straighten up... I’ll take my experiences with bball, playing collegiate ball, coaching girls 3rd grade thru AAU against anyone.
Then please keep your stupid opinions to yourself. BTW I’ll match my playing days and my days as a ref with anyone on this board. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Can it happen? Sure, but UConn has left a LOT of points on the table in every game of the tournament. They need those points.
Same with every other team in Final Four

Reaction Score
1) I think we go zone so I don’t think anyone is “putting Nika on Haley” which would make no sense anyway at any level.

2) I also doubt we see much of Caroline but I’m hoping we do

3) I’d let Brink throw up 3’s if she wants but make sure to rebound

4) we need to channel our inner “UCF” as approaching that level of defense would force turnovers.

5) I’m more worried about Lexie Hull than Haley

Reaction Score
If the team can't get going on offense, swap out ONO for Nika. If Stanford goes on a run of 8-0 or more, call time out to slow momentum. If the team gets down 10, change strategies and start playing like there are 5 minutes left in the game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I wanna see Paige vs. Hailey in the finals. I just saw the spot on Hailey on the pregame show. I've been watching her for a few years, and this spot showed just what level of intensity she has.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Karlie wishes Stanford Good Luck, but KLS favorite fan in Spain begs to differ

Reaction Score
I don’t expect to see a lot of Ducharme tonight. I don’t think Geno has enough confidence in her in this type of game. Hope I’m wrong.
You know I was looking at her stats in the big games such as LV, Oregon, ND.... she had the best stats. There are 2 Elite 8 teams and one that is in FF. I think this is her "type of game."

Reaction Score
Great D and low turnovers is how we beat Stanford. Caroline is considered depth at this point and with good reason probably. I still have faith that if she were given 20 minutes (basically Doris’s rotation) should would be a net plus. We dropped our turnovers by 10 a game sine Azzi & Paige came back. Easy to see Geno’s logic on that one. Evian and Caroline make more turnovers than Paige & Azzi. Stanford is going to attack Pages defense tonight. Huge game needed from her tonight on defense as well as offense. Give her at least some rest.

Reaction Score
Just watcher he “ other game”. Now strongly believes that whoever wins the UConn - Stanford game wins it all…unless of course the refs decide to ignore fouls by Aliyah Boston and her camping out in the lane. She is great. Wish we had her. But she doesn’t need the extra help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom