UConn / Stanford Analysis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn / Stanford Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I said, I went with what the knowledgable Stanford fan advised me for who was the center, PF or SF.

Matchups will change all game long with switches and different combinations on the floor. I'm sure your situation will happen a few times.

We don't really have a true center listed, as such, I agree there will be adjustments based on matches, fouls, shots made, etc. Tinkle has been scoring well in the paint and blocking shots too. Tinkle can also can hit the 3, but Ruef is good 3 pts threat too and is a better passer in the post. Reuf is better D on the perimeter vs UConn as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tinkle is hitting 28% this year. And Ruef? 0-4.

From what I can see, Ruef is 4-30 in her career.
Well maybe for Stanford, that's good??? :cool:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Doggy, I didn't think you cared. (27.6%).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hey, you get 4 "likes" for your post and I don't get any for posting the actual facts???

I'll never get to a 50% like/post ratio at this rate!!!

If you ever claim to get there I may need to see some data as proof.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Final prediction – I like UConn in this game. I've been overestimating that last couple of games, so I'll try not to let my optimism get in the way of some realism. UConn pulls away at the end and I'll say UConn by 8 in a close game throughout.

For sure, it will be a great game to watch!!!
Another masterpiece DD, but I really think it should be "unpinned"! :p

All kidding aside, I'm buying everything you're selling. As always, if our folks are making the shots they normally do, we'll be in very good shape and may win handily IM[NOT SO]HO.

I think we're a match-up nightmare for Stanford. Unlike the last few meetings (and outside of CO) they don't appear to have those much needed complimentary and clutch players...Tinkle is no Kayla Pedersen and Kokenis is no Jeanette Pohlen, yet we're improved over last year's team.

I'm especially disappointed Kiah will be PUP for this game...think she could have done a brilliant job on CO defensively. I am looking forward to Heather getting some quality defensive minutes against CO though. I think we come out of Maples with a low double-digit win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Look to your left. Divide the likes received by the message count.

In your case, at the time of this post, it's 475/2501. Around 19%.

For a Baylor fan, not so bad......:rolleyes:

I never even noticed that. My % is higher than the chances of anyone other than UCONN or Baylor winning the NC this year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For who like to compare Nneka carred Stanford and that girl came off the bench for 14. Granted Chiney was in foul trouble but Chineys points plus the girl off the bench with 14 make up for it. UConn won that game by 10 and it wasnt that close. This year UConn is much improved from 1-10. All can shoot the trey and all can score alot of points. UConn is too quick to deep and to tall for Stanford. KML and Hartley will put on a show but Kelly Faris will lead the stat sheet. UConn wins this one big.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Hey, you get 4 "likes" for your post and I don't get any for posting the actual facts???

Facts are, well, just facts, who can like a fact? but Kib is likeable.

Reaction Score
Great analysis DD. Hope you are right TonyC.

I think if Kaleena has a great game we win. I think she will be the key. I think she could potentially
be a huge matchup problem for Tara. If they put a big on her, she can use her shot fake and go around to drive and score, or drive and dish. If Kaleena makes shots...we win !

Also, If Brianna Banks can give us a spark off the the bench that would be huge !

GO UCONN GO !

Reaction Score
Facts are, well, just facts, who can like a fact? but Kib is likeable.
Phil..... After the game Sat when we have beaten ST;) Won't it have become FACT and wont we LIKE it:p
Great posts folks
SPOILER ALERT
Ira

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm a nervous wreck over this game....TonyC thank you...but I'm plenty worried. The crowd....how do you prepare for it?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As Ive said my only concern are early ticky tack fouls. I expect Stanford to play a very physical game too. No doubt about it. All things being equal we have so many scorers who can put up alot of points from everywhere and they dont. We win by double digets and KML and Bria will be key in this game. If theyre on everybody else will score. I dont think they can keep us under 80 and I know they cant score 80 againest us. Easy math. Semper dont worry.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Banks makes the difference. I think her athleticism against the Stanford guards will be paramount and will have a huge impact on the outcome. Stanford will be hard to beat in the paint with the number of big bodies that they have.

I am really interested in seeing how Stanford performs. The game against Baylor wasn't a true test of how good they are. The wins over USC and UT were good road wins but neither is a top tier team. However, a win over UCONN would probably solidify Stanford's number 1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament as I don't expect them to lose a game in conference play.

Break out the popcorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul