UCONN-St. Johns: Second half thread. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UCONN-St. Johns: Second half thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
:(:(:(:(:( worst loss in the last couple years,, but its alright theres plenty of games left

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
You would have thought they would have guarded the 3 and let them take a chance on a two to go to OT. Oh well. What can you do? You can't win them all.

Didn't notice if we were in zone on the last possession - did anyone see? I can't replay , no DVR

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The game was lost on the TOs and the failure to keep SJ off the offensive boards. All in all it was a fairly well called game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
_l8xl4o_v1q5syg0.jpg

Im in shock, wow

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Congrats to St. John's...they clearly wanted it more than us tonight. So many BAD turnovers, BAD decisions, errant passes...no explanation! :(

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Didn't notice if we were in zone on the last possession - did anyone see? I can't replay , no DVR
I can't imagine going zone under that circumstance and would be surprised if they did. But I didn't notice. Everyone should have had a player to face up.

Reaction Score
You got to come out and play hard and smart and our women didn't bring it tonight. St. John's played probably their best game this season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kim Barnes D'Arrico is one of the most underrated coaches in the country. Her kids always come ready to play.

Geno says he hates senior night and this is why. Way too many emotions involved. Good ones but still makes it hard to play.

Reaction Score
Congrats to St. John's...they clearly wanted it more than us tonight. So many BAD turnovers, BAD decisions, errant passes...no explanation! :(
I don't know about wanting it more, but they certainly played better in all facets than UConn did.

What happened to Caroline? Any word on why she didn't play much in the second half?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I've never seen UConn lose on CPTV. It's much tougher to take after a loss.

Reaction Score
well.. i think imma be off the boneyard for a couple days :(..

Nah. We don't eat our young here.

Besides, misery loves company:)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
as a lady vol fan, our season has been very humbling...we lost to 2 unranked teams with one of those at home...it happens. you have a great team. but try to rem this game when other teams lose too. :)

Reaction Score
USUALLY someone for UConn has a big scoring night, but not tonight. USUALLY our defense will carry us to victory if the shooting is flat. An unUSUAL game. Props to St Johns, they outplayed us, out hustled us, and outrebounded us, and deserved to win.

Reaction Score
St. Johns played a strong game tonight, a worthy opponent. We will become a better team after this loss.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't know about wanting it more, but they certainly played better in all facets than UConn did.

What happened to Caroline? Any word on why she didn't play much in the second half?
She took a shot to the mouth in the first half. She had to put a mouth guard in which may mean she had a loose tooth. After she came out in the second half she never came back in.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Really tough loss. I feel especially bad for Tiffany.

Tough situation. Emotions of senior night. The streak. Possibly looking ahead to ND. Tough, well coached opponent.

Too many mistakes. TOs. Poor defense. Bad strategy. Missed FT. Still having trouble scoring in the clutch.

CRAP! Now I feel a little better.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One good thing was the two great plays by Stef to get the ball and then to take the lead. She came through big after having a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom