UConn Spring Football 2021 begins... | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Spring Football 2021 begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like how Giufre doesn't tip his cap about anything... I find it encouraging.

I hope that when we come out the gate we're like a bunch of crazed dogs, LT style

I hope we have/play with such a chip on our shoulder, all season long, that we come real close to winning games we have no business being in after halftime..

Focus... excusion...

1616008790284.png

Reaction Score
I've always been skeptical of the Giufre promotion from OL coach to OC. After listening to that interview I understand why. Hes just a football guy who does at least sound like he knows what hes doing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If they want a dual threat qb, that makes sense that Leon and Tyler are mentioned. I see Krajewski as a dual threat- I wish he could grasp the job. I don't see Jack Zergiotis as a classic dual threat.

Also, loved the fact they have changed the offense around and updated it!

Reaction Score

How about someone who can read the defense, find open receivers and get them the ball, audible when appropriate and keep turnovers down.

Not sure I get this "take the position" talk. What if all 5 have "IT", what will be the deciding factor, the most "IT" or actually being able to throw the ball to the good guys.

Reaction Score
How about someone who can read the defense, find open receivers and get them the ball, audible when appropriate and keep turnovers down.

Not sure I get this "take the position" talk. What if all 5 have "IT", what will be the deciding factor, the most "IT" or actually being able to throw the ball to the good guys.
Try not to be so positive!

Reaction Score

Coachspeak. Pay no attention to it. You can’t be the leader if you can’t make plays.

Reaction Score
Prefer a QB separate himself based on talent and performance.

->Giufre wants the two returners to take control and hopes to see steady signs of development out of both.

“I want to see subtle individual technique differences,” Giufre said. “How are you releasing the football? How are your feet on certain plays? How are you reading coverage? Was that a bad decision on the RPO? You want to see those guys mature and take the next step and go from quarterback 105 to quarterback 205 and 305, and see if they can take it up a level each and every year. ... You’d always like to see decision-making and footwork improve, and they have.” <-

->“Whoever does the best job is going to line up when we go out to Fresno State and its 115 degrees in the desert and break the first huddle,” Giufre said. <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom