UConn Spring Football 2021 begins... | The Boneyard

UConn Spring Football 2021 begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Is it fair to assume that there will be no spring game? Has Edsall completely gotten away from a game...or was that because the team was so young? I know he talked about starting camp earlier and not having a game as a strategy to give injuries time to heal and avoid midterms.

Is that true this year?

Reaction Score
Is it fair to assume that there will be no spring game? Has Edsall completely gotten away from a game...or was that because the team was so young? I know he talked about starting camp earlier and not having a game as a strategy to give injuries time to heal and avoid midterms.

Is that true this year?
I heard him say in one of the interviews he did that the team would have 4 inter squad scrimmages this spring, so they definitely have the numbers to do so if they want to. Fingers crossed we can see one of them but it feels unlikely.

Reaction Score
I thought there was an OL walk on from CT that received a scholorship on the roster. That's who I thought the guy was but could not find him in the roster and I forgot his name( for some reason I thought Rooney was his name but he is from Atlanta per the roster)

Reaction Score
I thought there was an OL walk on from CT that received a scholorship on the roster. That's who I thought the guy was but could not find him in the roster and I forgot his name( for some reason I thought Rooney was his name but he is from Atlanta per the roster)
Rooney's always been a scholly kid...

Reaction Score

Is that true this year?
Yes no spring game..

Reaction Score

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Not making a judgment one way or another but I do find this interesting from NMSU as it sounds fairly similar to UConn's situation:

Regardless of the logistics in a spring football season, NMSU is playing for the fall. The goal for Martin and the coaching staff is to get 45 new scholarship players game reps, which in turn could translate into upwards of 50 practices this spring.

“I think it can be an advantage for us if we can stay out here,” said head coach Doug Martin. “If we have to pause and do all those things that everyone had to do in the fall then it won’t be as big of an advantage. The amount of practices we’re going to get in is a lot more than everyone else this spring and hopefully we can get in a couple games just to give our guys some experience, Everything we’re doing this spring is geared for that 2021 fall season.”

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This young man gets it.. He's ready to go... We're in good hands as far as our kicking game goes... good to see...
I'm as excited to get back to EHart as the next UConn fan, but I want to make sure he can do it when people are there and the blood is pumping instead of a set of stairs off grass made of recycled water bottles.

Make no mistake though, this is building anticipation.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall: "Recruiting Rankings Don't Matter."

Also Randy Edsall tho:

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 10.23.42 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads