UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lexi is on the right #34, Myra on the left #15
Baylor keeps taking L to UCONN even on the prep level.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
MDoggie - tellin ya... there have been a bunch of pics their dad has sent me of the two of them together, etc and I had to ask him which was which.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/3

Megan Walker scored 25 points in less than 3 quarters Tuesday.

Mikayla Coombs had 9 points and 7 assists.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1/3

Megan Walker scored 25 points in less than 3 quarters Tuesday.

Mikayla Coombs had 9 points and 7 assists.
Meg's team won by 91-31. The opposition is now 6-2, so apparently they were a decent local team, but Monacan won easily. The cumulative scores by quarter: 24-8; 51-17; 77-24; 91-31. The box score link doesn't work properly, so I can't find shooting stats.

I hope to go to Meg's game on Thursday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MDoggie - tellin ya... there have been a bunch of pics their dad has sent me of the two of them together, etc and I had to ask him which was which.
The jersey number is the only way I can tell. Myra is tall for her age.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
You know that the final four is in Dallas this year....I think. If we are fortunate enough to make it I sure
hope that Lexi and her lil' sis are able to attend....Charli Collier as well....and I wouldn't object if our Arkansas target
Chrystin Williams...super guard from 2018...came down too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You know that the final four is in Dallas this year....I think. If we are fortunate enough to make it I sure
hope that Lexi and her lil' sis are able to attend....Charli Collier as well....and I wouldn't object if our Arkansas target
Chrystin Williams...super guard from 2018...came down too.
Sounds like a plan.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The spouse is planning on forcing me into a fly/cruise disaster next year. I'm thinking it will be tolerable if I can work a Dallas stop over!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/4

Andra Espinoza-Hunter breaks 50 for the second straight game scoring 52 points in a 84-55 win on Wednesday.

It's her third 50-pt game of the season. Saniya Chong had three for her career at Ossining.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
I was at the L.D. Bell vs Trinity Euless game on Tuesday. 1/3/2017
Trinity Oliver outplayed Lexi Gordon.
Lexi shot selection was not good and most of her points can at the free throw line from fouls.

Reaction Score
That's fine. Myra took up the slack.
Hmm so she was getting fouled on her bad shot selection? Sounds like bad fouls.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was at the L.D. Bell vs Trinity Euless game on Tuesday. 1/3/2017
Trinity Oliver outplayed Lexi Gordon.
Lexi shot selection was not good and most of her points can at the free throw line from fouls.
Thanks for the update but we are still rocking with Lexi.
Tuesday night? Did you happen to catch the Louisville game on Monday night? - they could have used your support. All that trickaration and they still walked away with a L.

Reaction Score
1/4

Andra Espinoza-Hunter breaks 50 for the second straight game scoring 52 points in a 84-55 win on Wednesday.

It's her third 50-pt game of the season. Saniya Chong had three for her career at Ossining.

I think there may be some more 50+ games from Andra this year. There may have to be. The loss of Aubrey Griffin to an ACL injury before the season has drastically changed what would have been a much more balanced scoring team this year. Andra and Aubrey would (IMHO) be sharing or trading off 30+ point games and forward, Kailah Harris would as a result also be finding herself free for many more scoring opportunities.

In Saniya’s Junior and Senior years, while scoring 33-34 ppg, she also averaged 9.5 assists per game. Destini Walker, Jalay Knowles, Shadeen Samuels and even 8th grader, Andra all greatly benefitted from the defense focusing on Saniya and particularly from her (for High School) amazing long and short passing.

Saniya provided 35 to 40% of the scoring on teams that averaged 88 ppg. The last few games, Andra has provided around 60% of the points.

I bring this up because her point totals this year may be giving BY’ers an incorrect impression of the type of player and person who is coming next year. Watching her, you can see quickly that she is not a selfish player, feeding her teammates at every opportunity. In games where Ossining is blowing the competition away, she’s pulled quickly after starting the 4th quarter (or before). In closer games I can only assume she’s doing what Coach Ricci asks of her. Using her considerable skills on both sides of the floor to maintain a lead or keep Ossining in the game. In this last game, along with 52 points she had 7 steals and many instances of knocking passes out or affecting shots. She was relentless on defense for the entire game. More the mark of a future UConn player than her scoring this year, which is more a function of “well, its High School and she’s got dribbling and shooting skills that make her a future D1 player - and 99% of the girls she’s playing against do not”
My first post. I love the Boneyard and am sorta in awe of the basketball knowledge I've gained from you, Sluconn and others. I have waited to post until the rare occasion when I have a worthwhile observation or information to share.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was planning on going to Meg's game tonight, but there is some weather expected around game time. It's a 2 hour drive plus traffic each way, so I'm looking at Monday's game instead.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My first post. I love the Boneyard and am sorta in awe of the basketball knowledge I've gained from you, Sluconn and others. I have waited to post until the rare occasion when I have a worthwhile observation or information to share.

Thank you and don't be shy about posting such detailed analysis.

blaqtech

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update but we are still rocking with Lexi.
Tuesday night? Did you happen to catch the Louisville game on Monday night? - they could have used your support. All that trickaration and they still walked away with a L.
Miss the game. Them Cards are a tough bunch to figure out. Too many mental lapses.
That's fine. Myra took up the slack.
Hmm so she was getting fouled on her bad shot selection? Sounds like bad fouls.
Game was close till the end. They put her on the line at the end.
I'm trying to load the video up on youtube.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was planning on going to Meg's game tonight, but there is some weather expected around game time. It's a 2 hour drive plus traffic each way, so I'm looking at Monday's game instead.

1/4

They played and Walker scored 23 points in a Monacan victory.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/5

Mikayla Coombs scored 17 points and added 9 rebounds on Thursday but Wesleyan lose to Holy Innocents.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well you definitely coming in with a bang. Keep it up.

blaqtech

Reaction Score
Thanks for that video.....Lexi certainly didn't have her usual touch from outside but those foul shots under pressure were smooth as silk
Uploading is taking a long time. I will have the rest of the game up soon.

Reaction Score
Uploading is taking a long time. I will have the rest of the game up soon.

Thanks for that.......guess we saw the most important part........loved the fans there........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom