UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams honored at CAC ceremony for reaching 3,000 career points:

3,000.............that's a lot of points but I heard during the Mississippi State game that Vivians scored like 5,600 points during her high school career......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm guessing there was a bit of a talent level disparity going on there. And she must've played nearly all the time.

Victoria Vivians' High School Girls Basketball Stats
Over 5,000 points for 4 years of high school, not counting 8th grade. I agree--lots of games, probably lots of minutes, and probably weak competition. Regardless, 5,000 points is a LOT. I'm not sure I know of anyone else who had 4,000 points.

Reaction Score
Over 5,000 points for 4 years of high school, not counting 8th grade. I agree--lots of games, probably lots of minutes, and probably weak competition. Regardless, 5,000 points is a LOT. I'm not sure I know of anyone else who had 4,000 points.

around here, 1,000 points is the target for really good HS players, 2,000 for truly special scorers and anything over that is extraordinary...............

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Do they start the season earlier in Texas? Looking at the top 25 ranking of teams, the Texas team has played 35 games while most other teams have played about 10 games fewer than that.
I believe they are allowed to play more games than most other states. It's been that way for a while.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, some really interesting highlights of CW above. Several passing lane steals for layups. But the really fun ones are:

She gets tripled teamed around the post, dribbles quickly away, then hits a 17-footer.

She posts some girl up dribbling left-handed, then spins around and makes the shot with her right hand. Try defending that.

Reaction Score
Williams sure gets a lot of rebounds for someone her height, she has a tone of skill with the ball, and shot fit into the shooting guard role nicely next year.

Reaction Score
The announcement was made on ESPN’s ‘The Jump,’ and Winder-Barrow coach Kimberly Garren streamed the show on her phone while the team went through practice. When the time came for the big reveal, Nelson-Ododa and her teammates watched it together.

“She made it and the team went wild,” Garren said. “She actually hit her knees and cried at center court.”

The selection was “a little emotional,” Nelson-Ododa said.

Only 24 female high school basketball players across the nation are selected as a McDonald’s All American.

“You have to be elite, you have to be a five-star player, you have to be in the top five, six recruits in the nation to stand a really good chance,” Garren said. “And you also have to have more than just one part of your game being good and that’s why (Nelson-Ododa) is so good. She’s a 6-foot-5 post player that can shoot threes, handle the ball and dribble up and down the court so she’s just versatile.”

Winder-Barrow’s Olivia Nelson-Ododa honored for selection as McDonald’s All American

ONO the dunker?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/15

Christyn Williams scored 22 points in CAC's district semi win.

They move on to the title game Saturday.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom