UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sluconn is right. There is only 1 more player in 2018 under consideration. It's Ezi Macbegor, who has different options than most Americans. She can stay at home in Australia and play pro ball, or she came come to a U.S. college for an education and to develop her basketball skills. So, her recruitment and timetable are different. How good is she, and is she worth waiting for? Really, really, really good, and absolutely. As noted by another BYer, if she were an American, she would be the #1 ranked recruit.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Sluconn is right. There is only 1 more player in 2018 under consideration. It's Ezi Macbegor, who has different options than most Americans. She can stay at home in Australia and play pro ball, or she came come to a U.S. college for an education and to develop her basketball skills. So, her recruitment and timetable are different. How good is she, and is she worth waiting for? Really, really, really good, and absolutely. As noted by another BYer, if she were an American, she would be the #1 ranked recruit.

She just signed with a local team.

SEABL

Their season kicks off in April and runs through July so she'd miss Summer school if she were to come to the US.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She just signed with a local team.

SEABL

Their season kicks off in April and runs through July so she'd miss Summer school if she were to come to the US.
The article is from 7 weeks ago. We may have known that. As you point out, though, it would preclude summer school in the U.S.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/19

Christyn Williams scored 17 points Friday.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa reached 1,500 points for her career.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Impressive stuff. To drift a bit: If a 17-year-old can use her left hand around the basket, why can't a certain 6-6 22-year-old?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm all on board for getting Ezi from Oz. UConn needs bigs. I wonder though how her arrival might affect recruitment in subsequent classes. I'm greedy: I want a lot of them.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Impressive stuff. To drift a bit: If a 17-year-old can use her left hand around the basket, why can't a certain 6-6 22-year-old?
As I posted after the TX game, there was one instance during the Houston game when I was thrilled to see Z finish at the rim on the left hand side with her left hand. Unfortunately, in a similar situation vs TX, she shot the ball with her right hand only to have it blocked.

One step forward, two steps back.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
As I posted after the TX game, there was one instance during the Houston game when I was thrilled to see Z finish at the rim on the left hand side with her left hand. Unfortunately, in a similar situation vs TX, she shot the ball with her right hand only to have it blocked.

One step forward, two steps back.
That last sentence makes it sound like she was dancing. Maybe that's why her shot was blocked.

Reaction Score
Just a thought. Main reasons I see for Ezi to come play in US is 1. extend her game and 2. gain US experience in case she goes pro. Geno and staff have 1 covered and per the UConn TV adds (i.e. NYC is our backyard) and schedule (Dallas, Houston, Phila, etc.), UConn appears to be a solid match for all her needs/requirements.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just a thought. Main reasons I see for Ezi to come play in US is 1. extend her game and 2. gain US experience in case she goes pro. Geno and staff have 1 covered and per the UConn TV adds (i.e. NYC is our backyard) and schedule (Dallas, Houston, Phila, etc.), UConn appears to be a solid match for all her needs/requirements.
HJ, I couldn’t agree more. I think you should get on a plane immediately and head down to the Land Downunder to make your case directly to Ezi. How could she possibly refuse? :)

p.s. In order to close the deal, tell her UConn is willing to change its mascot from a Husky to a Dingo.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How far is New York from UCONN?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How far is New York from UCONN?
iun_uconn_sixth_borough.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/23

Christyn Williams with 20 points in a CAC blowout Tuesday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can just imagine practice next year.

Geno, in a loud voice: Christyn, I want you to do this and that!”

Christyn, with a smile: “Okey dokey, Coach.”

Geno has to turn around to hide his laugh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom