UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Never can tell what a player will do on the court based on their personality off the court.......for example I would say KLS is positively goofy off the court but she is steely on it......
Yeah, Lou is tough and a badass on the floor, which is surprising. Tina was a sweet kid who found Beast Mode. Maya is uber polite, but will cut your heart out on the court. And Sue looks and sounds so sweet, but is an absolute killer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno also said Elena wasn't the toughest kid on the block. I think she has done pretty well for herself. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/2

Christyn Williams scored 19 points in CAC's 47-22 win Friday.

Reaction Score
two great things about CW.......other then her jumper it's impossible to tell if she is a lefty or a righty and she is really a cheerleader on the court.....in addition to all of her other attributes, gotta love both those characteristics at the next level
Lefties are hard to guard.

Reaction Score
My prediction is that MW and CW step up and fill GW and KN position more sooner than later. Uconn won't miss a beat. In the immortal (lol) words of AW "it is what it is" "It's still Uconn" or something like that.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
My prediction is that MW and CW step up and fill GW and KN position more sooner than later. Uconn won' miss a beat. In the immortal (lol) words of AW "it is what it is" "It's still Uconn" or something like that.
You may be right but, I believe Coombs will be getting more playing time next season than CW. With Dangerfield, Coombs, and Walker, UCONN will be not only fast but also quick. Once Williams and Gordon learn the system to Geno's satisfaction, UCONN will have a very potent outside game. I believe Coombs will be an outstanding player for UCONN.

Reaction Score
You may be right but, I believe Coombs will be getting more playing time next season than CW. With Dangerfield, Coombs, and Walker, UCONN will be not only fast but also quick. Once Williams and Gordon learn the system to Geno's satisfaction, UCONN will have a very potent outside game. I believe Coombs will be an outstanding player for UCONN.

I'm unsure about that................remember that UConn is losing like 27 points per game with the graduation of the two seniors and it's still not clear how much offense Coombs can provide............I expect Crystal, MW and CW to provide most of those needed points...........Coombs will certainly get more minutes supplying the defensive muscle to the back court and any points she provides will be a big plus..........

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I'm unsure about that......remember that UConn is losing like 27 points per game with the graduation of the two seniors and it's still not clear how much offense Coombs can provide..I expect Crystal, MW and CW to provide most of those needed points......Coombs will certainly get more minutes supplying the defensive muscle to the back court and any points she provides will be a big plus.....
Williams has not played one second of UCONN basketball. Don't expect her to provide many points during her freshman season, at least not early in the season. With Z and Walker starting, UCONN will have more than enough offense to make up for the loss of the two seniors. Also, I believe Collier and Samuelson will be better next season. Coombs may not have an accurate outside shot, but she is good at attacking the basket. Her outside shot will develop, imo.

Reaction Score
Williams has not played one second of UCONN basketball. Don't expect her to provide many points during her freshman season, at least not early in the season. With Z and Walker starting, UCONN will have more than enough offense to make up for the loss of the two seniors. Also, I believe Collier and Samuelson will be better next season. Coombs may not have an accurate outside shot, but she is good at attacking the basket. Her outside shot will develop, imo.

past history is on your side .............I don't expect CW to make an instant impact but I think she will be brought along more quickly then MW......... with her offensive arsenal she should be getting some significant minutes during her freshman year...........time will tell...................

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Charliebball, I am surely hoping you are right about CW.. A number of other posters are also high on her so she must have something special. I hope she is good enough to contribute early next season. I hope Ono contributes early also. She would not want to be the lone freshman not playing much. But then, maybe UCONN will get the Australian. I can't remember how to spell her name.

Reaction Score
Charliebball, I am surely hoping you are right about CW.. A number of other posters are also high on her so she must have something special. I hope she is good enough to contribute early next season. I hope Ono contributes early also. She would not want to be the lone freshman not playing much. But then, maybe UCONN will get the Australian. I can't remember how to spell her name.

ONO is a bit of a mystery at this point as I'm not sure if she is really back to 100% from her ACL injury..........the physical side may be OK but mentally it takes some time to really trust your legs...........if she truly is back, can you imagine a super athletic 6'4" post/forward added to Azura and Napheesa up front? Should be downright scary...............

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
ONO is a bit of a mystery at this point as I'm not sure if she is really back to 100% from her ACL injury.....the physical side may be OK but mentally it takes some time to really trust your legs......if she truly is back, can you imagine a super athletic 6'4" post/forward added to Azura and Napheesa up front? Should be downright scary.....
Also ONO will have to hit the weight room and work on her perimeter shot hard in order to be effective her freshman year. CW will learn fast that defense, not offense will get her the minutes she wants. I expect however that Z will take this year to heart and be consistently more productive on both ends next year. I think that's where much of UConn's offense will come.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The spelling isn’t hard, it’s Ezi. ;)

Reaction Score
Also ONO will have to hit the weight room and work on her perimeter shot hard in order to be effective her freshman year. CW will learn fast that defense, not offense will get her the minutes she wants. I expect however that Z will take this year to heart and be consistently more productive on both ends next year. I think that's where much of UConn's offense will come.

fair enough.................Azura is averaging like 16 points per game now in limited minutes, I could see her moving up to 20-21 ppg, losing Kia will add to KLS's burden from the outside...............that's why Crystal has to continue to improve her outside shot..............who's the next threat from outside? I would say CW........MW can shoot from the outside but I think she does her best work from 15 feet in..........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The announcement was made on ESPN’s ‘The Jump,’ and Winder-Barrow coach Kimberly Garren streamed the show on her phone while the team went through practice. When the time came for the big reveal, Nelson-Ododa and her teammates watched it together.

“She made it and the team went wild,” Garren said. “She actually hit her knees and cried at center court.”

The selection was “a little emotional,” Nelson-Ododa said.

Only 24 female high school basketball players across the nation are selected as a McDonald’s All American.

“You have to be elite, you have to be a five-star player, you have to be in the top five, six recruits in the nation to stand a really good chance,” Garren said. “And you also have to have more than just one part of your game being good and that’s why (Nelson-Ododa) is so good. She’s a 6-foot-5 post player that can shoot threes, handle the ball and dribble up and down the court so she’s just versatile.”

Winder-Barrow’s Olivia Nelson-Ododa honored for selection as McDonald’s All American

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
fair enough.......Azura is averaging like 16 points per game now in limited minutes, I could see her moving up to 20-21 ppg, losing Kia will add to KLS's burden from the outside.....that's why Crystal has to continue to improve her outside shot....who's the next threat from outside? I would say CW...MW can shoot from the outside but I think she does her best work from 15 feet in.....
Honestly I think Meg's sophomore leap is going to be no quantum matter, but rather prodigious. She's just starting to get that keep your mark in front of you stuff and she looks the type to bury herself in the gym to work on her perimeter shot (not just that short corner 3), finishing inside, and her handle. She is going to be a beast, and as a 2 with an accomplished PG, uncontainable. UConn's length on the perimeter next year is going to be formidable.

Reaction Score
The announcement was made on ESPN’s ‘The Jump,’ and Winder-Barrow coach Kimberly Garren streamed the show on her phone while the team went through practice. When the time came for the big reveal, Nelson-Ododa and her teammates watched it together.

“She made it and the team went wild,” Garren said. “She actually hit her knees and cried at center court.”

The selection was “a little emotional,” Nelson-Ododa said.

Only 24 female high school basketball players across the nation are selected as a McDonald’s All American.

“You have to be elite, you have to be a five-star player, you have to be in the top five, six recruits in the nation to stand a really good chance,” Garren said. “And you also have to have more than just one part of your game being good and that’s why (Nelson-Ododa) is so good. She’s a 6-foot-5 post player that can shoot threes, handle the ball and dribble up and down the court so she’s just versatile.”

Winder-Barrow’s Olivia Nelson-Ododa honored for selection as McDonald’s All American

I'll have one All-American deluxe ONO burger from the McDonald's menu to go please.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'll have one All-American deluxe ONO burger from the McDonald's menu to go please.

.............................And a vanilla shake, don't forget the shake!! :D

BIG ups and congratulations to ONO for her 20118 McDonald's All-American selection. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Honestly I think Meg's sophomore leap is going to be no quantum matter, but rather prodigious. She's just starting to get that keep your mark in front of you stuff and she looks the type to bury herself in the gym to work on her perimeter shot (not just that short corner 3), finishing inside, and her handle. She is going to be a beast, and as a 2 with an accomplished PG, uncontainable. UConn's length on the perimeter next year is going to be formidable.
Meg will follow in the footsteps of Lou. The #1 recruit from 2 years earlier will show her younger teammate what she needs to do.

Reaction Score
Thought Liv will have to hit the weight room and bulk up some, watching a few of her highlights she looks like another Huskie that was all arms and legs named Swin Cash, she turned out to be ok.

Reaction Score
Thought Liv will have to hit the weight room and bulk up some, watching a few of her highlights she looks like another Huskie that was all arms and legs named Swin Cash, she turned out to be ok.
Let us pray.

Reaction Score
C27FC4C5-18EE-4085-ACB6-D304569B4025.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger