UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting your list and it gave me a thought as I went through that list. I would guess unless someone is locally or regionally connected to the areas these top scorers are from, one wouldn't know most of the names. Only a few were recognizable to me and NONE turned out to be amongst the great all time women's players.
I can't remember her name now but there was a girl who scored 100 points in a game and went on to Rutgers and was a decent pro
Player, but not a great one.
Also most of the prior U Conn greats were excellent scorers they didn't go to U Conn to be primarily or even just that - a scorer.
Also ironically we have two recent examples of players that were top notch HS scorers, Saniya & Molly.
From everything I've read or seen about CW she's not just a unique scorer and talent, she has amscinh goals for herself that she believes U Conn, Geno and the culture and staff will help her reach. I don't think many, if not most great scorers want to or maybe are able to share the limelight. Also their playing time is often seriously limited in many games.
But the thread and post led me to all the above.
Bronx23

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting your list and it gave me a thought as I went through that list. I would guess unless someone is locally or regionally connected to the areas these top scorers are from, one wouldn't know most of the names. Only a few were recognizable to me and NONE turned out to be amongst the great all time women's players.
I can't remember her name now but there was a girl who scored 100 points in a game and went on to Rutgers and was a decent pro
Player, but not a great one.
Also most of the prior U Conn greats were excellent scorers they didn't go to U Conn to be primarily or even just that - a scorer.
Also ironically we have two recent examples of players that were top notch HS scorers, Saniya & Molly.
From everything I've read or seen about CW she's not just a unique scorer and talent, she has amscinh goals for herself that she believes U Conn, Geno and the culture and staff will help her reach. I don't think many, if not most great scorers want to or maybe are able to share the limelight. Also their playing time is often seriously limited in many games.
But the thread and post led me to all the above.
Bronx23
I believe that Epiphanny Prince scored 113 or so in a HS game.

Reaction Score
I believe that Epiphanny Prince scored 113 or so in a HS game.
Yeah that was sorta distasteful (mainly on the part of her coach). But wasn't Geno on her for a while, until she got busted for stealing a grocery cart?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/16

Winder-Barrow won its first state tourney playoff game but Nelson-Ododa scored just 6 points.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
2/16

Winder-Barrow won its first state tourney playoff game but Nelson-Ododa scored just 6 points.
Is she hurting with knee pain again? Was her minutes limited?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is she hurting with knee pain again? Was her minutes limited?

I haven't heard anything about any injury issues with her. I did see one of her games a couple weeks ago and am still a bit concerned by what I saw. On the other hand, reports were that her opponent last night made a concerted effort to clog the interior and make WB beat them from the outside.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything about any injury issues with her. I did see one of her games a couple weeks ago and am still a bit concerned by what I saw. On the other hand, reports were that her opponent last night made a concerted effort to clog the interior and make WB beat them from the outside.
Yeah. It's no secret that it can take up to 2 years before athletes get up to speed after bad ACL's.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yeah. It's no secret that it can take up to 2 years before athletes get up to speed after bad ACL's.
ONO's injury was a fractured keee cap not an ACL. I'm not familiar with this injury but it may take longer than an ACL. Maybe one of our BY doctors could chime in.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ONO's injury was a fractured keee cap not an ACL. I'm not familiar with this injury but it may take longer than an ACL. Maybe one of our BY doctors could chime in.
Typical recovery for a patellar fracture is 3-6 months, although it can be longer depending on the severity of the fracture. That recovery period is for people returning to normal activities like walking or climbing stairs. If you’re trying to return to play competitive basketball, that involves another level of rehabilitation which extends the recovery period considerably.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
CW says she wants to be “legendary.” And a “lockdown defender.”

44074977.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors