UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 32 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou is developing a nice handle.

Her ball rotation may not be as elegant as Kaleena's, but her hands and wrist give her a nice release. Even the shots that hit a lot of iron fell in because of the soft touch. I'm impressed, at both the hard work and the results.
I personally think her release is quicker than KML's and her ability to shoot that accurately off the dribble is sensational. I can't imagine her not being a substantial part of the UConn offense almost instantaneously. Her willingness to work on her game is going to bode well when Geno and Chris get her in the fall. Most of the work she'll be doing might be on the defensive side!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I personally think her release is quicker than KML's and her ability to shoot that accurately off the dribble is sensational. I can't imagine her not being a substantial part of the UConn offense almost instantaneously. Her willingness to work on her game is going to bode well when Geno and Chris get her in the fall. Most of the work she'll be doing might be on the defensive side!
Faster, higher release from a longer frame, and she seems to maintain accuracy even when moving and turning into the shot. Watching her come off screens, catch and release as quickly as she does looks sort of Maya like on those free-throw line shots she used to get.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Highlights from November's Potterhouse/Blackman game including a slew of Crystal Dangerfield's.

Reaction Score
Highlights from November's Potterhouse/Blackman game including a slew of Crystal Dangerfield's.

Nice highlights! I would of paid good money to see Blackman (Tennessee) play St. Mary's (Stockton). Those were the two best teams that I saw this past season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Boothe had a huge game and looks very good.

When there is a loose ball on the floor, Moriah--er, Crystal--almost always comes up with it and is at full speed within a step. She is really good and really, really fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Crystal looks like the second coming of Moriah-just shorter. It's going to be an exciting next 5 years.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Fuller interviewed Mt. Lebanon (Pa.) High School coach Dori Oldaker who knows Kyla Irwin well:

"A great kid, very talented," Oldaker said. "She can get up and down the floor and I think she will be a swing (forward at UConn). The thing I love about her is that she loves the game. What is nice about her is she can go inside/outside. She is going to be a hard matchup; at the high school level she is a very hard matchup."

And coached the 3x3 team at the Youth Olympics:

"It was fun watching them in what they are doing at the high school level and it will be fun watching them on TV next year," Oldaker said. "They really compete, they are great kids, they have a great deal of respect and are true leaders, true teammates."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/05/us-u-16-coach-dishes-on-uconn-recruits.html

Reaction Score
Fuller interviewed Mt. Lebanon (Pa.) High School coach Dori Oldaker who knows Kyla Irwin well:

"A great kid, very talented," Oldaker said. "She can get up and down the floor and I think she will be a swing (forward at UConn). The thing I love about her is that she loves the game. What is nice about her is she can go inside/outside. She is going to be a hard matchup; at the high school level she is a very hard matchup."

And coached the 3x3 team at the Youth Olympics:

"It was fun watching them in what they are doing at the high school level and it will be fun watching them on TV next year," Oldaker said. "They really compete, they are great kids, they have a great deal of respect and are true leaders, true teammates."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/05/us-u-16-coach-dishes-on-uconn-recruits.html
Yo Slu - thanks for the link. It makes it easy to learn the inside info when others post this good stuff. I appreciate the time you put into all this.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Her H.S. graduation is Saturday, but she will miss it.
College starts on Monday, she will make it.
Best wishes to a very special person who takes the next step in her career.
Good Luck KLS, nothing but health and happiness for the next 4 years, and then forever.
:):(:cool::D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another successful AAU weekend (5/23 - 5/25) for Crystal Dangerfield. Her Kentucky Premier won their Elite Division at the Midwest Showdown in Ohio. She and Erin Boley were named co-MVP's. Here's a recap from Bob Corwin:

Crystal Dangerfield, 5-5, point guard, 2016, Kentucky Premier - Parmley (Blackman High School, Murfreesboro, Tennessee) - Elite Division co-MVP

Dangerfield has been featured previously on Swish Appeal. Orally committed to Connecticut, she is one of the top point guard prospects in the 2016 class thanks to her combination of speed, quickness. ball handling ability, penetration ability, court vision and game understanding.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/5/28/8675451/2015-midwest-showdown-part-one

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa and KLS are parade all American's, interestingly KLS is listed as a guard.

The other interesting thing is that they named Durr their player of the year, the first award KLS hasn't won.

Reaction Score
The other interesting thing is that they named Durr their player of the year, the first award KLS hasn't won.

Not saying whether Durr deserves or not - she has been up there anyways - probably 2nd on many ratings. But in regards to parade - they are awful. Years ago - CParker was consensus number 1 - and they chose a pg. I've forgotten some of the either strange picks they made - but 2 years ago I believe they chose Saniya.

Reaction Score
Napheesa is officially on campus for the summer session, the fun & work begins tomorrow!! Morgan & Saniya are her roommates for the summer....she is jn good hands with them, UCONN & CT as a whole!!
10403574_848804035199691_770301954877666127_n.jpg

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Napheesa is officially on campus for the summer session, the fun & work begins tomorrow!! Morgan & Saniya are her roommates for the summer....she is jn good hands with them, UCONN & CT as a whole!!
10403574_848804035199691_770301954877666127_n.jpg
Three of my favorites!

Morgan seems a skosh taller than Napheesa. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Three of my favorites!

Morgan seems a skosh taller than Napheesa. :D
Maybe a little. Morgan is listed at 6'2" but, I believe, is no more than 6'1-1/2". Napheesa is supposed to be 6'1".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom