UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 31 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recruiting Dangerfield--
This is another of the 10 reasons why UConn is so good. CD & Geno seem to have fine-tuned their recruiting system to a sweet state. Recruits with Character, willing to sacrifice, adapting to change, understanding improvement is constant, intelligent, and most have a graciousness about them. I respect Geno's method of bringing in 3 guards last year, and three wing players this year----and each year the recruiting philosophy is "each kid is a different type of guard or wing or big." The uniqueness of each player's style was very evident this past year. I think this incoming class has the same uniqueness. Geno & CD have so many moveable parts that UConn can have an answer for any situation. Big Question --- What team in the top 25 had the talent or skill level to ---attack effectively-inside or outside. To defend inside or outside. To run or to go half-court. And do it seamlessly and change it within seconds. I can't think of any other team with those varied skill sets or at the high level for each. IMHO it is Geno & CD and their recruiting system. Of course, as another of the 10 reasons why UConn is tops ---What team has a head coach and a top assistant with 30 years together. That alone is priceless.
Oh darn it Philly Coach--you let out the Uconn secret, now every college WBB coach in the nation will be doing the same thing. If we don't make the NC's three years from now I'll make certain to hold that against YOU personally. Thank you for knowing what Christine Dailey's effort has been in developing the UConn WBB product.

Reaction Score

You had to show this pix of such a beautiful women. I had fallen in love with Katie Lou--now you show this woman (wow) and I've fallen in love again--AM I fickle? My wife thinks so!

Reaction Score
Don't know who the fourth recruit is but I'm betting she'll be good!

CCpHfIQUgAEOkw3.jpg
I read somewhere where that other face in the crowd put her team(s) on her back an took them all the way in Conn, USA, China.

Reaction Score
Im looking forward to seeing these young lady's in a UConn jersey but im catching myself daydreaming about one of our recruits comminting

Reaction Score
Which recruit are daydreaming about committing???? Haha. There are a few to hope for !!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou is developing a nice handle.

Her ball rotation may not be as elegant as Kaleena's, but her hands and wrist give her a nice release. Even the shots that hit a lot of iron fell in because of the soft touch. I'm impressed, at both the hard work and the results.

Reaction Score
KLS training vid:

Thanks Sluconn. Have to say I am happier after seeing this video. First, she seems to be seeking out multiple sources of help, her work ethic is top-o-da-line, her handle is nice for a wing (developing), she is smoother than I realized, she has a quicker first step than I heard about, & her body control is good for 6'3. Looks like she HAS the tools to be a top defender. The best part was her shot--wow-from every angle, position, + distance, her shot is dead-on.
If Collier is at the same level as Lou--Holy Mackeral!

Reaction Score
I saw her at at the California state finals and KLS was swathed in bandages. Nice to see she looks healthy and her behind the back dribbling is quick for a forward. She looks like a star in the making.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Knee brace is off, just knee pads that she always wears. Elbow brace still on.
Tough Cookie KLS :cool:

Reaction Score
^^That was significantly better effort on the defensive end than I've ever seen from KLS. A really good sign that she's healthy and willing to improve.
Wow - she looked very good. Now the decision -- Butler or Lou? Butler or Lou? Looks like competition just tightened.

Reaction Score
Wanna see KLS cover Crystal Dangerfield on D?

View attachment 9567
Haha - looked to me like The Real Danger cut Lou some slack and didn't blow by her, recognizing the unusual defensive effort of her fellow UCONN recruit, figuring this was important to KLS, and deciding to defer to her 'elder.' Crystal could have gone around her on either side, or between her legs, if she wanted to.

Reaction Score
Haha - looked to me like The Real Danger cut Lou some slack and didn't blow by her, recognizing the unusual defensive effort of her fellow UCONN recruit, figuring this was important to KLS, and deciding to defer to her 'elder.' Crystal could have gone around her on either side, or between her legs, if she wanted to.
:D ...I think you're correct! I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw it for the first time. I was wondering if someone else might see it similarly. But ...Lou sure has picked things up on the defensive end. Very encouraging!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well come the fall (and probably some this summer), we can rest assure Jefferson won't defer or cut her some slack. :cool:

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an update on Irwin? Her Spring has been very quiet. I have not seen one AAU or USA trials report on her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Lou comes in at the first media timeout. Before the defense can figure things out, she hits three bombs from deep. Totally demoralizing to the opposition--a BENCH player just outscored them 9-0 in under 2 minutes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom