Uconn SEC rumors???????? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uconn SEC rumors????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be fair, the SEC already has a precedence for allowing terrible football schools who bring home National Titles in basketball. And unlike Kentucky, we're coaching above our talent, not below. ;)

You've got it the other way around. It's impossible to coach above our talent level with Pasqualoni running the show. He would have gone 7-5 with Bama's roster last season.

Reaction Score
You've got it the other way around. It's impossible to coach above our talent level with Pasqualoni running the show. He would have gone 7-5 with Bama's roster last season.

And Nick Saban would of had us in a major bowl game the last two years PP has been the coach

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To be fair, the SEC already has a precedence for allowing terrible football schools who bring home National Titles in basketball. And unlike Kentucky, we're coaching above our talent, not below. ;)

So forget NASCAR, we just need an attractive actress of mediocre talent to come to all of our games. Thoughts anyone?

Katherine
Heigl
1997 graduate of​
New
Canaan
High School in​
New
Canaan
,​
CT

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I guess I'll have to get used to biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Love that stuff. Best I ever had was up near Leavenworth, KS, at about 3:00 AM after way too many beers.

Reaction Score
Those who think that the SEC wouldn't add UConn based on anything other than geography are nuts. The SEC doesn't need to add football powerhouses. It just doesn't. Alabama, LSU, Florida, Tennesse, TAMU, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina. It isn't exactly hurting for football brands is it? It needs to add content for its network to rival the Big Ten.

As the conference goes to a 10 games schedule, the power brands will need to infill from the conference. UConn would fill that role quite nicely.

The pesky thing is geography and southern schools playing in Connecticut in November. Of course, with creating scheduling that problem would be solved. Games only suck from early November on, so no need to have say Florida come visit then. We're only talking about max 5 home games. And as for that, the meadowlands would be one game a year.

While this type of talk may be an online version of Fantasyland, it's better than "hoping" that Notre Dame has our backs, because I have more faith in being invited to the SEC than for Notre Dame and its little sister BEESEEU ever doing UConn any favors.

And as always, as crazy as this idea is, while pigs may not fly, just remember that the Big Ten added Rutgers, so someplace, somewhere out there is a little birdie that thinks its a little piggie, so never discount seemingly irrational moves in realignment.

Reaction Score
Those who think that the SEC wouldn't add UConn based on anything other than geography are nuts. The SEC doesn't need to add football powerhouses. It just doesn't. Alabama, LSU, Florida, Tennesse, TAMU, Arkansas, Georgia, South Carolina. It isn't exactly hurting for football brands is it? It needs to add content for its network to rival the Big Ten.

As the conference goes to a 10 games schedule, the power brands will need to infill from the conference. UConn would fill that role quite nicely.

The pesky thing is geography and southern schools playing in Connecticut in November. Of course, with creating scheduling that problem would be solved. Games only suck from early November on, so no need to have say Florida come visit then. We're only talking about max 5 home games. And as for that, the meadowlands would be one game a year.

While this type of talk may be an online version of Fantasyland, it's better than "hoping" that Notre Dame has our backs, because I have more faith in being invited to the SEC than for Notre Dame and its little sister BEESEEU ever doing UConn any favors.

And as always, as crazy as this idea is, while pigs may not fly, just remember that the Big Ten added Rutgers, so someplace, somewhere out there is a little birdie that thinks its a little piggie, so never discount seemingly irrational moves in realignment.
WAIT! You wouldn't have Florida or Georgia in East Hartford for the last game of the regular season? Are you GIVING AWAY our home court advantage? (Think USF in the snow game);)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think it is clear that the SEC has sent us a sign. Now it is up to UConn nation to take some decisivie actions to show we are serious about joining the SEC. I think it is best if we break up the tasks, here is what I am thinking:

WestHartHusk: I will take the lead on laundering some money into off-shore accounts to secure our 2014 recruiting class.
Paul Pasqualoni: We are going to get you hooked up a motorcycle and a volleyball player or intern.
Upstater: Gonna need you to "teach" some online classes at UConn this fall.
Zoo: you are in charge of getting camo UConn gear into every outfitter store between NYC and Biloxi.
Butch: I am just assuming you have some good bud, so we are going to need some for on campus visits.
HFD: Wherever you are, keep the school administration away from the athletic department.

What am I missing - we don't have long to act!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I think it is clear that the SEC has sent us a sign. Now it is up to UConn nation to take some decisivie actions to show we are serious about joining the SEC. I think it is best if we break up the tasks, here is what I am thinking:

WestHartHusk: I will take the lead on laundering some money into off-shore accounts to secure our 2014 recruiting class.
Paul Pasqualoni: We are going to get you hooked up a motorcycle and a volleyball player or intern.
Zoo: you are in charge of getting camo UConn gear into every outfitter store between NYC and Biloxi.
Butch: I am just assuming you have some good bud, so we are going to need some for on campus visits.
HFD: Wherever you are, keep the school administration away from the athletic department.

Who's going to recruit the 'improved' cheerleading squad...and most importantly...the required 'SEC Quality' co-eds?!:D

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You guys. "Y'all" is now to be worked into your everyday conversation.

Someone brought in pork rinds to snack on at work. I ate some while listening to some Merle Haggard on the earbuds. I might punch a hippie if I see one.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Someone brought in pork rinds to snack on at work. I ate some while listening to some Merle Haggard on the earbuds. I might punch a hippie if I see one.

Umm....maybe try for this century if not the decade. Merle Haggard? Go watch Carrie Underwood sing Guns n Roses on YouTube and see if you can maybe work that in. Hell, even Kid Rock is country now. Brad Paisley if you like slick guitar work and clever tunes. While you are at YouTube, subscribe to FPSRussia. No doubt that is big in SEC country. Punching hippies never goes out of style.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The ESPN article said SHOULD the SEC consider UConn. Not that they are.
Note
1) The post was edited and originally said: "UConn and the SEC?" It was updated a few hours later after SEC fans dropped dead everywhere.
2) Chill out buddy. This is about conversation. We have to be actively involved wether its speculation, rumor, hyperbole, hypotheticals or whatever. We need people to think we are attractive. We know we are. We need to be talked about and convince other conferences that multiple conferences want us.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
So forget NASCAR, we just need an attractive actress of mediocre talent to come to all of our games. Thoughts anyone?

Katherine
Heigl
1997 graduate of​
New
Canaan
High School in​
New
Canaan
,​
CT

I like the thought but Katie Heigl is no Ashley Judd.

Reaction Score
Note
1) The post was edited and originally said: "UConn and the SEC?" It was updated a few hours later after SEC fans dropped dead everywhere.
2) Chill out buddy. This is about conversation. We have to be actively involved wether its speculation, rumor, hyperbole, hypotheticals or whatever. We need people to think we are attractive. We know we are. We need to be talked about and convince other conferences that multiple conferences want us.
Haha ok Nelly, whatever you say. I hope these threads get us into the SEC, but I will not hold my breath.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I like the thought but Katie Heigl is no Ashley Judd.

I know...but best I could find with any name recognition. Dana Delaney, Kari Wuhrer, Chloe Sevigny. Gretchen Mol is a looker in my view, but do people recognize her like Ashley Judd?

Reaction Score

I meant basketball.

Reaction Score

Coach Cap, get to practicing on making real Southern BBQ for the tailgate menu
Rumrunner - live up to your handle, but we need grade-A moonshine, stat.
JNYCE, I think you were a frat guy, frats are big down south, we may need to upgrade the effort of the greeks at UConn home games, get on that
Butch....ditto on WestHartHusk's suggestion. Bring it to the spring game tailgate...I will find you.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Haha ok Nelly, whatever you say. I hope these threads get us into the SEC, but I will not hold my breath.
Yeah Jerry. Welcome aboard the SEC gravy train. Haha

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I know...but best I could find with any name recognition. Dana Delaney, Kari Wuhrer, Chloe Sevigny. Gretchen Mol is a looker in my view, but do people recognize her like Ashley Judd?
AJ is tough to compete with. I guess Heigl is our most notable option but she looks like she's no fun (though I do have a friend that went to HS with her).

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Kate Bosworth! She still doing anything?

Reaction Score

Always remember long hair covers red necks. :D

Reaction Score
Kate Bosworth! She still doing anything?
How about the actress who's a part time girl friend & undercover operative of Mr. Reiss on Person of interest (Chloe). She's actually from Mass. but I'd make the exception.

Reaction Score

I'll eat pork rinds, but I'm drawing the line at Boiled Peanuts. Wifey grew up in Columbia, S.C. When we go South, she can't get enough of them. Let's just say that they are an acquired taste that I haven't yet acquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom