Uconn SEC rumors???????? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn SEC rumors????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To get that deal done, you absolutely MUST have Waffle Houses on every major highway exit off of I-84 & I-91!;)

No, you miss the point of the scheme. Dunkin Donuts pays us $80M to expand and name the stadium...then the Dunk finally takes over a territory it doesn't yet dominate, the south. Waffle houses will be converted to Dunkins by the boatload. I bet the pink and orange NASCAR car is already in the works.

Reaction Score
No, you miss the point of the scheme. Dunkin Donuts pays us $80M to expand and name the stadium...then the Dunk finally takes over a territory it doesn't yet dominate, the south. Waffle houses will be converted to Dunkins by the boatload. I bet the pink and orange NASCAR car is already in the works.

Dunkin Donuts needs to start making scrapple.

Reaction Score
Partial Credit. Bass Pro Shops gets you full!!!

They are starting construction of the Bass store on Bridgeport's Steel Point in the spring. With a Cabela's, a Stuckey's and now a Bass Pro Shop, we are like long-lost brothers to the SEC faithful. What's 800+ miles among family? The only concern I have is that we might lose the slot to UNH because New Hampshire has a NASCAR track.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Every time I see these threads I cringe. The ACC "football" schools wanted nothing to do with us, but the real football schools in the SEC do? Get real.

Well that is exactly it. The SEC does not need to worry about the perception of their product so they can chase down the markets that the ACC has been too tepid to explore (remember when the ACC didn't want Rutgers?). Also, these rumors are valuable because: 1) they didn't come from us and are at least being discussed by fans of Texas A&M, Auburn, WVU, FSU, USF, etc; 2) it pushes Cinci into the backseat where they belong; 3) it paints the ACC as a basketcase (which they are) for passing us over; 4) provides cover for the B1G to pick us up.

Reaction Score
They are starting construction of the Bass store on Bridgeport's Steel Point in the spring. With a Cabela's, a Stuckey's and now a Bass Pro Shop, we are like long-lost brothers to the SEC faithful. What's 800+ miles among family? The only concern I have is that we might lose the slot to UNH because New Hampshire has a NASCAR track.

We need to expand Stafford Motor Speedway and or the Waterford Speedbowl IMMEDIATELY. We need to get Shawn NASCAR involved.

Reaction Score
Well that is exactly it. The SEC does not need to worry about the perception of their product so they can chase down the markets that the ACC has been too tepid to explore (remember when the ACC didn't want Rutgers?). Also, these rumors are valuable because: 1) they didn't come from us and are at least being discussed by fans of Texas A&M, Auburn, WVU, FSU, USF, etc; 2) it pushes Cinci into the backseat where they belong; 3) it paints the ACC as a basketcase (which they are) for passing us over; 4) provides cover for the B1G to pick us up.
These rumors mean nothing, they are on a message board, anyone on here can make some "rumor" and put it up. They just make us look delusional.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's anything to the SEC rumors, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Every move the ACC has made has been a shortsighted one. The B1G and SEC, on the other hand, are thinking about which moves will benefit their conferences the most in the long run (see Rutgers to the B1G potentially delivering some of the NYC market).

I'm not saying anything about UConn being a good move for the SEC because, again, I think there's no chance. But don't let the ACC idiots' opinions sway you.
So I don't know what I am talking about because I say there is 0% truth to the SEC rumor, but you agree there is 0% truth to it? Just want to be clear.

When the SEC expands to football schools at our level come talk to me. Until then it is obvious who knows what they are talking about and who does not.

Reaction Score

We already have the car... we just need to rub off that crappy Big East logo :p

Nascar.jpg

Reaction Score
These rumors mean nothing, they are on a message board, anyone on here can make some "rumor" and put it up. They just make us look delusional.

Its a ESPN rumor... for the school to even be mentioned by other major program fans is a major plus

Reaction Score
Logic has no place in our delusions. A pox on you.:D

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Rumors lead to people talking. Some people who talk have the ears of administrators who have to listen. People who have to listen can be influenced.

If you think there is no place for public opinion in sports alliances then I don't know what to tell you. We were essentially a shoe-in for the ACC (despite what some here will tell you) until the public opinion down south swayed heavily against us and we couldn't turn the tide. So we can use the time between the next shift to make the case about our value, or we can get steam-rolled by Cinci and USF in the next go-around.

And again, nobody here has started any of these rumors so I don't get the desperation aspect. The calm, dignified posture has not worked - it's time for Husky Nation to make our case and we are being heard. Did you think you would see the day where A&M fans would say they would have rather had UConn than Mizzou in the SEC?? I didn't, but that is what we are seeing today.

Reaction Score
So I don't know what I am talking about because I say there is 0% truth to the SEC rumor, but you agree there is 0% truth to it? Just want to be clear.

When the SEC expands to football schools at our level come talk to me. Until then it is obvious who knows what they are talking about and who does not.

The best thing about threads like these, are that they have posts like this one.

Reaction Score
Its a ESPN rumor... for the school to even be mentioned by other major program fans is a major plus
The ESPN article said SHOULD the SEC consider UConn. Not that they are.

Reaction Score
Listen guys.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a letter to the editor of the prominent newspaper in Bucksnort, TN that mentioned UConn on the same page as another letter that mention SEC EXPANSION.

So if you don't think that UConn is in this conversation, then you are WRONG.

Reaction Score

The SEC added Missouri last year. There's one.

The point was that the ACC passed on Rutgers, yet they ended up in the B1G anyway.

The B1G and SEC are more interested into expanding into new markets (St. Louis, NYC, Texas, DC, etc.) than adding a commuter school in a tiny market that's had a couple good years of football recently (Louisville).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Figures that you would pick a particularly ineffective one!

Figures you would ignore the Connecticut connection. I know how you don't like facts to get in the way of your narrative.

Reaction Score
The ESPN article said SHOULD the SEC consider UConn. Not that they are.

Again "SHOULD the SEC consider UConn" has people from Texas A&M, Auburn, Rutgers, etc.. talking about UConn ! What's wrong with some publicity? stop being so naive. How come Texas A&M fans believe we belong, but you a UConn fan feels otherwise? makes no sense to me. Think small time and we will get small time!

I think we belong in any major conference

Reaction Score
Figures you would ignore the Connecticut connection. I know how you don't like facts to get in the way of your narrative.

Benedict Arnold does nothing for us in terms of getting entree into the SEC. Stay focused!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Listen guys.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a letter to the editor of the prominent newspaper in Bucksnort, TN that mentioned UConn on the same page as another letter that mention SEC EXPANSION.

So if you don't think that UConn is in this conversation, then you are WRONG.

As psycho as all of this is (and it is psycho), if the B1G can realistically be said to consider GT, when their prior southern most school was Penn State, then WTF? I like regional conferences, but if it goes to 4 x 20, they are not going to be regionally consistent. I mean, how far is Atlanta from Minnesota? Even Raleigh to the Big Ten is no different than Harford to the SEC east schools. If the SEC moves into NC and Virginia, it becomes at least geographically plausible.

Reaction Score
The SEC added Missouri last year. There's one.

The point was that the ACC passed on Rutgers, yet they ended up in the B1G anyway.

The B1G and SEC are more interested into expanding into new markets (St. Louis, NYC, Texas, DC, etc.) than adding a commuter school in a tiny market that's had a couple good years of football recently (Louisville).
I just cannot argue with someone who thinks we are on the level of Mizzu for football. They play in a stadium almost double the size of ours, a much more fertile recruiting area, have double digit conference titles, pay their coach 2.3 mill a year and have over 20 players currently in the NFL. They were ranked #1 in the country in 2007.

We are nowhere near Mizzu.

Reaction Score
As psycho as all of this is (and it is psycho), if the B1G can realistically be said to consider GT, when their prior southern most school was Penn State, then WTF? I like regional conferences, but if it goes to 4 x 20, they are not going to be regionally consistent. I mean, how far is Atlanta from Minnesota? Even Raleigh to the Big Ten is no different than Harford to the SEC east schools. If the SEC moves into NC and Virginia, it becomes at least geographically plausible.

Well, where there is smoke, there is fire, or a Syracuse Lacrosse player smoking a spliff that daddy's allowance money paid for.

Reaction Score
To be fair, the SEC already has a precedence for allowing terrible football schools who bring home National Titles in basketball. And unlike Kentucky, we're coaching above our talent, not below. ;)

Reaction Score
Again "SHOULD the SEC consider UConn" has people from Texas A&M, Auburn, Rutgers, etc.. talking about UConn ! What's wrong with some publicity? stop being so naive. How come Texas A&M fans believe we belong, but you a UConn fan feels otherwise? makes no sense to me. Think small time and we will get small time!

I think we belong in any major conference
Yes I am the naive one...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member