UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What if you don't agree with many of her opinions and you think she is more in tune with the NBA than wcbb? I'm not saying her comment about her formula to beat UCONN during this particular game was wrong -- I didn't even hear it.

What if you think the few times she criticizes UCONN (it's okay to do so)/ or the player's -- that she is wrong with that particular criticism? What happens if you disagree with the majority of her criticisms of either player's or UCONN's style? Not even a criticism but for example - how she would like to see the team or player - "slow own" etc? Do you think after a while if someone were to think many of her criticisms (though few in number) are wrong, that it would it be okay to express that she doesn't know what she is talking about IF THERE WERE MANY on average that one felt were wrong?

I watch the NBA and she is fine there. She no longer says for example form years ago; "You can tell Kobe Bryant is great player just by the look in his eyes." No more of that. And that's great! She's fine in NBA. :)

Slow down a little.

The original comment was why Doris talked about the keys she thought it took to beat UConn rather than to talk about how well UConn was doing during our latest magical run. You can feel free to comment about whether you agree with her keys to beat us or not, as anyone else can. But I'm not sure what else people expect her to do in that position, when commenting on live tv in a 40 point game. Do we want her to talk about how great UConn is for the full 40 minutes???

As for her being "more in tune with the NBA", I don't find that as a detraction. Quite the opposite, in my opinion. I see that as additional basketball insight that she can bring to the table...

Reaction Score
Slow down a little.

The original comment was why Doris talked about the keys she thought it took to beat UConn rather than to talk about how well UConn was doing during our latest magical run. You can feel free to comment about whether you agree with her keys to beat us or not, as anyone else can. But I'm not sure what else people expect her to do in that position, when commenting on live tv in a 40 point game. Do we want her to talk about how great UConn is for the full 40 minutes???

As for her being "more in tune with the NBA", I don't find that as a detraction. Quite the opposite, in my opinion. I see that as additional basketball insight that she can bring to the table...

First off let me say DBurke is a wonderful person. I get that sense. Wonderful - terrific.

The only reason I brought the other stuff up was that for some of us, I hate to say this, but she can get very tiring. So for the poster that was aggravated with her comment, it may also be an accumulation of blows that hit a boiling point.

So you and I can disagree. I don't think her opinions on the NBA translate well to the analysis of UCONN. So if sometimes I or MAYBE others might make a comment about her, and it seems "picky-critical" more than likely it has become "the accumulation of blows" in which some of us- or at least me- feels like she is wrong often, and therefore something needs to be said. Again she is a wonderful person from everything I can tell.

And I'm not being critical of her comment about the formula. I didn't hear it. A comment about KLS I didn't agree with but I let it pass and don't remember the full comment any more and I wasn't sure I heard right. Other than I thought she was wrong - again - but not completely sure so maybe I was wrong - didn't hear her right. So I said nothing. :)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Not to worry, FF. Robert Morris was not effective from distance against the starters. RM only made 4 3-pointers in the first 30 minutes.
Against our bench it was quite another story, as RM made 5 3-pointers in the 4th quarter alone (with no starters on the floor.), many of them on wide-open looks. Geno was not happy.

[It must also be noted that RM had their starters in for all but the last few minutes of the game.]

I wouldn't count the 2 shots from 25+ feet as "open looks". And a couple of the other swishes by RM in the 4th were heaves.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
First off let me say DBurke is a wonderful person. I get that sense. Wonderful - terrific.

The only reason I brought the other stuff up was that for some of us, I hate to say this, but she can get very tiring. So for the poster that was aggravated with her comment, it may also be an accumulation of blows that hit a boiling point.

So you and I can disagree. I don't think her opinions on the NBA translate well to the analysis of UCONN. So if sometimes I or MAYBE others might make a comment about her, and it seems "picky-critical" more than likely it has become "the accumulation of blows" in which some of us- or at least me- feels like she is wrong often, and therefore something needs to be said. Again she is a wonderful person from everything I can tell.

And I'm not being critical of her comment about the formula. I didn't hear it. A comment about KLS I didn't agree with but I let it pass and don't remember the full comment any more and I wasn't sure I heard right. Other than I thought she was wrong - again - but not completely sure so maybe I was wrong - didn't hear her right. So I said nothing. :)

Of course everyone has a right to an opinion of her entire body of work. Again, I was referencing the idea that she felt the need to spend some time talking about her formula for beating UConn during her tv broadcast. I think that's completely fair and completely within what we should expect from a color commentator. And as you said, I also get the sense that she's a very good person, and I think it comes out in the way that she speaks about the players and the teams.

If anything, I take it as the ultimate compliment that she and others feel the need to try to come up with a "formula" to beat us. That means that no team has yet to demonstrate it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom