UConn respect appears to be very high | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn respect appears to be very high

Reaction Score
They have no choice. They just witnessed statically one of the most incredible runs in NCAA basketball tournament history.

Both titles wins per game were double digit. UCLA in all their glory never achieved that.

The reason they are now giving respect is because they are demanding that from their universities. It's a race to catch up or fall behind. It's that simple.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There’s minimum respect only because Hurley forces people to talk about UConn. They really couldn’t careless.

It was the same when Calhoun took over from Perno.

Envy leads respect from competitors.

Reaction Score
On the way to being a juggernaut?
It's recognized that our recruiting power has increased. Imagine being a top HS recruit who wants to wear an NCAA Championship ring to the NBA, or a transfer who has only a year or two to earn a ring. Where are you going to go that provides the greatest likelihood of a ring?

A: Jared?
B: UConn

Reaction Score
I took the Grandkids to Disney last week for break. I wore a different UConn shirt everyday. I was hearing Go Huskies, receiving high fives, and at least 2 groups said thanks for beating Purdue. Everyday I had quite a few responses, all nice.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He is obnoxiously large.
"He looks down on other players," and then they laugh at how Edey "abused" him.

And all we have in defense happened 3 weeks ago.

I'm still wearing at least one piece of UConn daily, but getting almost no response in CT for the past week, while generating compliments and conversation as I traveled from KY through OH and PA to get here.

There's major respect from others for what they saw on the court, and I can politely nod & smile, noting the sheer joy of watching it one game at a time, every single game, for the entire time. It cushions the sadness that this year's version has ended & evaporates daily into memory.

And I have to remind myself throughout the recruiting threads that I really, truly just want to see more beautiful basketball in the coming season.

The games have to be played, and even if we've now twice witnessed something that looks otherwise, it really is very difficult to win the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
It's recognized that our recruiting power has increased. Imagine being a top HS recruit who wants to wear an NCAA Championship ring to the NBA, or a transfer who has only a year or two to earn a ring. Where are you going to go that provides the greatest likelihood of a ring?

A: Jared?
B: UConn

My point was, we are already there

Reaction Score
"He looks down on other players," and then they laugh at how Edey "abused" him.

And all we have in defense happened 3 weeks ago.

I'm still wearing at least one piece of UConn daily, but getting almost no response in CT for the past week, while generating compliments and conversation as I traveled from KY through OH and PA to get here.

There's major respect from others for what they saw on the court, and I can politely nod & smile, noting the sheer joy of watching it one game at a time, every single game, for the entire time. It cushions the sadness that this year's version has ended & evaporates daily into memory.

And I have to remind myself throughout the recruiting threads that I really, truly just want to see more beautiful basketball in the coming season.

The games have to be played, and even if we've now twice witnessed something that looks otherwise, it really is very difficult to win the NCAA Tournament.
TV analysts and commentators routinely raved about how pretty our offense and brand of basketball was/is. Even the haters deep down grudgingly respect that. And many viewers that don’t have a dog in the fight appreciate the style of ball UConn plays.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was in Aruba just prior to the start of the Big East Tournament last month, and when checking into the hotel I heard a loud UConn scream, I turned around and it it was a local hotel worker giving me a high five when he saw my shirt! He said he was a fan since Kemba.

And yes there were a decent # of UConn fans around too.

Reaction Score
I went to a cousins house this weekend. He went to UNC and is a big UNC fan. It’s a little awkward - you can just tell there’s a little hatred lurking, comments about how good we are just don’t seem totally sincere. We’re encroaching on their dominance and they don’t like it. But what can they say? We do things the right way and play beautiful ball as others have said. I was thinking about how to break the ice a bit but then just let it go - its not our problem.

Reaction Score
I’ve had Duke fans make comments about Clingan or Spencer being jerks to opposing players or saying they taunt. I always respond you loved Laettner back to the older ones. Holy Pot Meet Kettle.
Clingan is about the most unique and humble kid there is. The 7'2 star who stayed with his local high school team all 4 years and stayed with his small independent AAU team the entire time. It's pretty much unheard of these days.

I can see Cam rubbing some the wrong way because he doesn't look like he should be destroying everyone on the court and yet he destroys everyone on the court while letting everyone know about it. I surprisingly heard from several non UConn fans he is their favorite player in the country.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree, but you wouldn't hear me complaining about another national championship either.

Reaction Score
I’ve had Duke fans make comments about Clingan or Spencer being jerks to opposing players or saying they taunt. I always respond you loved Laettner back to the older ones. Holy Pot Meet Kettle.
Seriously, this from the duke tripping club

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Seriously, this from the duke tripping club

To be fair to Duke, they only started tripping because the refs took away the flop.

Paulus.gif

Reaction Score
That's how I always felt about Coach K. Personally disliked him, but respected the hell out of him. Maybe Hurley will get to coach Team USA at the Olympics some day.
Calhoun is way better than K, 1/10th the 5 stars, yet better result. The test of a true champion is why Calhoun is the GOAT. And exactly why Hurley is the present day GOAT.

Reaction Score
Reddick and Greyson Allen must blush at this.

Reaction Score
I was in Atlanta last week. My UConn hat got a few comments. One guy said "I always want UConn to lose." My reply? "You're going to have wait for for a while."
UConn fans all over Atlanta. Every building I’ve lived in I’ve seen atleast one Husky flag. Probably helps that I see CT license plates all over. Next time, bring Pizza.

Reaction Score
I get the hate for Spencer, but what did Clingan ever do to make fans of other teams think he's a jerk? Clog the lane and make it impossible for other teams to score?
No he enjoys like waving to the home team when we’re clobbering them. Keep in mind that in 2023 he was one of the most active bench guys doing celebrations and stuff like that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom