UConn respect appears to be very high | The Boneyard

UConn respect appears to be very high

Reaction Score
I've talked to many people who are fans of other schools, including Blue Bloods, and respect for our program seems to be quite high. They recognize, as Liam pointed out, that we've "made it work" using a variety of ingredients, but few 5-Star recruits. They respect this, and agree with us that Hurley ranks at the top of his profession, even though they may not like him personally.

Is there hatred for UConn? Maybe, but mostly it's respect, a bit of envy, and maybe a little concern that our program could be on the way to being a juggernaut.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
UConn gear getting the same attention Patriots wear used to get

Great icebreaker, always draws some remark, an intriguing respect mixed with a splash of hatred

It's all good

Going to the Outer Banks of NC soon, looking forward to basking in the sun among some pretty passionate college basketball fans.

Reaction Score

Great icebreaker, always draws some remark, an intriguing respect mixed with a splash of hatred

It's all good

Going to the Outer Banks of NC soon, looking forward to basking in the sun among some pretty passionate college basketball fans.
I’ve had Duke fans make comments about Clingan or Spencer being jerks to opposing players or saying they taunt. I always respond you loved Laettner back to the older ones. Holy Pot Meet Kettle.

Reaction Score

It's all good

I have a place in myrtle beach, and it's not uncommon to see UConn flags flying on course houses, right next to Clemson and SC.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I've talked to many people who are fans of other schools, including Blue Bloods, and respect for our program seems to be quite high. They recognize, as Liam pointed out, that we've "made it work" using a variety of ingredients, but few 5-Star recruits. They respect this, and agree with us that Hurley ranks at the top of his profession, even though they may not like him personally.

Is there hatred for UConn? Maybe, but mostly it's respect, a bit of envy, and maybe a little concern that our program could be on the way to being a juggernaut.

There’s minimum respect only because Hurley forces people to talk about UConn. They really couldn’t careless.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The respect is nice but what else can people say? UConn plays beautiful, winning team ball. They build the team in the best way for these times, by developing players with smart supplementation from the portal. There's nothing to hate on here, that's why I find the shade so easy to dismiss.

Reaction Score
I’ve had Duke fans make comments about Clingan or Spencer being jerks to opposing players or saying they taunt. I always respond you loved Laettner back to the older ones. Holy Pot Meet Kettle.
I get the hate for Spencer, but what did Clingan ever do to make fans of other teams think he's a jerk? Clog the lane and make it impossible for other teams to score?

Reaction Score
Tons of respect and admiration, not necessarily like. Comes with going back to back and making and making a historical run, and watching a gorgeous brand of team basketball. Someone mentioned golden age, and that is spot on. This as close as it gets. As much as Hurley can annoy the opposing fan, there is also an aspect of his story and success that anyone who appreciates basketball can’t not love.

Reaction Score
I get the hate for Spencer, but what did Clingan ever do to make fans of other teams think he's a jerk? Clog the lane and make it impossible for other teams to score?
Some have said he’d be very demonstrative from the bench waving bye to the opposing fans and such. I think people sometimes look for stuff or read into stuff with teams they dislike. Clingan certainly never foot stomped a prone opposing player lol.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's that he has such an young looking face for a killer. They find it tough to process.

Reaction Score
That's how I always felt about Coach K. Personally disliked him, but respected the hell out of him. Maybe Hurley will get to coach Team USA at the Olympics some day.
I respected his coaching and didn’t personally dislike him. But I’m his mind during games I’m not sure he always believed Duke got a fair whistle, which was hilarious.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was trading portal/recruit stories with someone whose team was losing some key pieces and his comment was "it must be good to be a UConn fan." I assured him that he was right and told him there was plenty of room on the wagon. He politely declined.
:D

Reaction Score
I work with UNC, Duke and NC State alumni. They ALL admit we are better at present. (granted they are confident they will pass us by.....but not soon)

I where my Natty Hat and shirts going back to 1999. I love letting them see the history.

HUSKIES Rule!!

Reaction Score
I find a lot (not all) of people here in the South love the offensive flow & selflessness. It’s a thing of beauty that has gotten great respect from families that know ball.

SEC coaches are notorious sleazeballs ethically so I don’t hear much Hurley hate bc of his passion here like you might up north.

Reaction Score
The respect is nice but what else can people say? UConn plays beautiful, winning team ball. They build the team in the best way for these times, by developing players with smart supplementation from the portal. There's nothing to hate on here, that's why I find the shade so easy to dismiss.
We who have followed this forever have never seen offense so beautiful, and don’t we all remember how ugly it could be at times with the windshield washers?
Was it just the personnel over the last 2 seasons that made it possible? We’re going to see because quite a bit of this team is new or had not that much playing experience.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom