UConn Recruiting | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could also see Aaliyah (and Paige and Nika) staying if they don’t win a championship this season. Aaliyah hasn’t had the best start to her season, so maybe she’d want to stay one more year to improve her draft stock before going to the WNBA. But, some players are just ready to move on…
Unlikely. Aaliyah is one of the most pro ready bigs in the country.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah won't be a post in the W. She's power forward playing the post out of necessity at UConn, and that's where she'll play in the pros.
Many consider power forwards bigs. Very few true centers left. Semanics.

Reaction Score
Saw on the monthly recruiting thread that 6’6 Tilda Trygger from Sweden is still uncommitted and visited WVU yesterday. She would be a great addition to the class of 2024. Apparently she’s listed as a G/P, but I care more about that height than position! It would be great if we could add someone with that much height.

Reaction Score
Saw on the monthly recruiting thread that 6’6 Tilda Trygger from Sweden is still uncommitted and visited WVU yesterday. She would be a great addition to the class of 2024. Apparently she’s listed as a G/P, but I care more about that height than position! It would be great if we could add someone with that much height.
Is she a great player or you just want her because she is tall?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

There are lots of players with height. Most can't play at close to a UConn level. Is there a reason you think she can?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
You can't teach 6'6"...throw in agility, ball-handling, and a shot...something tells me you give Geno and his staff 4 years with that and you have the makings of a great player.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
One has to wonder if a certain recruit will be taking in the game. I expect Sarah Strong will have a huge interest in this game.

Reaction Score
You can't teach 6'6"...throw in agility, ball-handling, and a shot...something tells me you give Geno and his staff 4 years with that and you have the makings of a great player.
I guess he still has 1 more year with 6'6 DeBerry...we will see..

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tilda is another big kid that wants to play on the perimeter- she’s not a post player

41831A05-31A7-4B4B-8D67-0FC9255BB5EF.jpeg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Tilda is another big kid that wants to play on the perimeter- she’s not a post player

View attachment 93897
To me the issue isn‘t necessarily where a tall player plays on offense, obviously interior is useful, but more how they defend and rebound at both ends of the court. If she is willing and able to mix it up underneath, that would be great. Any thoughts on that with her?

Reaction Score
she's got ballhandling skills and an outside shot.......I cant attest to her rebounding prowess but at 6'6" you'd think she'd be getting some rebounds without much effort.....

Always nice to see film to document some skills! To my eye Tilda reminds me of a thin Dorka. She
passes well, keeps her hands " high" on rebounds, and can run the floor. She already has the
three-point shooting capability. I think that her passing ability and put backs were the most impressive
sections on this ( limited ) highlight summary. I like her!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
One has to wonder if a certain recruit will be taking in the game. I expect Sarah Strong will have a huge interest in this game.
Who, Who?? Oh, is she still around? LOL

Reaction Score
she's got ballhandling skills and an outside shot.......I cant attest to her rebounding prowess but at 6'6" you'd think she'd be getting some rebounds without much effort.....

Reminds me a bit of Heather Buck, a 6'4" F/C from the 2011-12 era. While I thought Geno should have given her more time, she never fully used her height, mainly hanging out at the top of the circle and providing defense when bigs got in foul trouble. UConn has a lot of offense coming in so would like to see more of a physical, down low presence be recruited, rather than another outside shooter.

Reaction Score
Yes she has more to offer than just height. In some of the videos I saw, there was some very nice outside shooting, agile attacks to the basket, good finishes, and some nice perimeter steals. In some ways, she kind of reminds me of Stewie (obviously not on the same level) with the way she plays more like a guard but her height and length makes her a threat when she decides to attack the rim.

Reaction Score
Yes she has more to offer than just height. In some of the videos I saw, there was some very nice outside shooting, agile attacks to the basket, good finishes, and some nice perimeter steals. In some ways, she kind of reminds me of Stewie (obviously not on the same level) with the way she plays more like a guard but her height and length makes her a threat when she decides to attack the rim.
"STEWIE" did come to mind with me also....but... we will have to measure Tilda T's "reach" /arm length to
even consider her in the same thought.... If she come to Storrs we get all those numbers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom