UConn Recruiting | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She also followed UNC on Instagram yesterday. Definitely not a good sign.

I think she follows quite a few team pages, not just UNC. I think as far as her recruitment goes, we can't take much stock in who she's following anymore. She follows many different coaches and players on her teams of interest, like most recruits.

As it's been rumored, she may be waiting for the Spring to sign. She might genuinely not know where she wants to go yet, and she has made sure to take all the official visits she had planned.

We shall see! If she doesn't sign in the next few days, then we will just have to wait longer. It sucks waiting, but that's the reality!

Reaction Score
Imagining the worst is self-comforting behavior, useful while we wait, huddled in the dark to hear some news. May it comfort all of us.

Reaction Score
The sun did rise today, didn't it? As long as the team suffered no bad injuries, I'm going to forget this game and look for the team to turn it around against Maryland.........there's a reason Geno schedules tough opponents at the beginning of the season and that's for his team to get a better measure of their strengths and weaknesses which are hidden against weaklings........for all we know NC State might have just played the best game of their season or UConn may have played one of their worst........I expect UConn will lose several more games this season but as long as the team remains intact I believe they can reach a Final Four again..........after that the basketball gods decide......:)

Reaction Score
I hate how UNC had gone off my radar because I thought it seemed more likely she’d commit to LSU or UConn, but now it seems more likely she’ll commit to UNC with these recent developments. Honestly would rather have her there than at LSU though.
I would love to have her but at 6’2” I’m not sure how much of a difference maker she would be. Remember all the accolades Patterson came in with, same with Amari. How did that turn out for us. You need height! Do you think Ice, Ayanna, Amari, and Edwards can contain SC 6’7” center.

Reaction Score
Figured it would be a great time to make my first post on the Boneyard re Strong:

She’s been down to Carolina, LSU, and UCONN for the past couple months and Carolina has continued to build momentum. I didn’t think we would get a visit three weeks ago, but and encouraging sign (for us). Sarah and her entire family attended yesterday’s game in Carmichael- several with Carolina gear on. Our other 5-star commit, Blanca Thomas, out of Charlotte was also there and the two recruits and their families spent a lot of time together. Sarah and her fam cheered throughout the game, clapped to the band, and were each yelling “Go Tar Heels” as the band played “Here Comes Carolina” as the team took the court.

As for state, all of my sources in our area are saying they are out and have been for a while. Something happened that turned off the Strongs. I believe it’s down to Carolina and UCONN.
Welcome to the Boneyard! As for the information you shared, that is discouraging to hear (for UConn fans) that she was clapping/yelling for UNC. I’m not sure she did that at UConn. When you say something happened that turned off the Strongs, I’m assuming you were talking about with LSU’s recruitment. In my opinion, LSU was kind of making fools of themselves with all their subtle hints and bragging about getting a big time player. I think they were just being over the top and that could have been a big turn off. Also, knowing that Reese and Morrow will be returning for more seasons could be a turn off for going to LSU

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard! As for the information you shared, that is discouraging to hear (for UConn fans) that she was clapping/yelling for UNC. I’m not sure she did that at UConn. When you say something happened that turned off the Strongs, I’m assuming you were talking about with LSU’s recruitment. In my opinion, LSU was kind of making fools of themselves with all their subtle hints and bragging about getting a big time player. I think they were just being over the top and that could have been a big turn off. Also, knowing that Reese and Morrow will be returning for more seasons could be a turn off for going to LSU
The post said it was NC State.

Reaction Score
I would love to have her but at 6’2” I’m not sure how much of a difference maker she would be. Remember all the accolades Patterson came in with, same with Amari. How did that turn out for us. You need height! Do you think Ice, Ayanna, Amari, and Edwards can contain SC 6’7” center.
Maryland had no one over 6'2 and was able to contain her so... yes. The issue with South Carolina, and the rest of our games, is going to be perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
The news of Strong and UNC is puzzling. They just got two big commits in Toomey and Thomas. I guess you never know with kids these days

Reaction Score
Strong is a scorer not a Big. She would be a Paige replacement. There's a good chance both AE and Paige are gone after this year. Who's going to take over the scoring load?? If you thought yesterday was bad, if Geno doesn't start hitting again with his recruits, we're heading for some dark times, in Uconn's universe anyways.

Reaction Score
I hope Sarah Strong is watching the LSU game right now… I just am not sure Sarah would have a place among a team that already has Aneesah Morrow and Angel Reese. I hope Sarah realizes that she would get more playing time and would develop much more as a player at UConn than if she went to LSU.
Mulkey may guarantee PT, MAYBE. I've never heard of Geno doing any guarantees. The potential may be better with Uconn, but that is only potential.

Reaction Score
Mulkey may guarantee PT, MAYBE. I've never heard of Geno doing any guarantees. The potential may be better with Uconn, but that is only potential.
If Sarah wants a PT guarantee and she was at the game yesterday, what she saw there ought to be as good as a guarantee: freshman Qadence got 22 mins simply in the strength of her performance. If that doesn’t motivate Sarah, I’m not sure we want her.

Reaction Score
As Kolbe said: "when you think you can't.... UCONN" (did I get that right?) Boxing out, "always" putting a body on her.
I did a review of the Kansas roster; we play Kansas the day after we play " that " 6' 7" player from UCLA. Taiyanta (sp?) Jackson is 6' 6".
Ms. Jackson had 5 blocks in her last game, 95 blocks one year, followed by 109 blocks the next. She was on the All-Big 12 conference first team and the ALL BIG 12 " all defensive team", as well as the WNIT MVP. She was recruited (this is a recruiting thread) out of
Trinity Valley CC. Lauren Betts is a Transfer, of course. It's a hard world out there. You play the hand that you have...
roll the dice, Geno. So, in response to the question above... YES..., ICE, Yanna, Amari and EDWARDS === YES.. UCONN, GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
I remember us having a particular player who was only 5'6" and a total ballhawk who could guard anyone and everyone .... it isn't all about height.

Reaction Score
Strong is a scorer not a Big. She would be a Paige replacement. There's a good chance both AE and Paige are gone after this year. Who's going to take over the scoring load?? If you thought yesterday was bad, if Geno doesn't start hitting again with his recruits, we're heading for some dark times, in Uconn's universe anyways.
Strong is a big-bodied 6'2" forward who can flourish inside or outside.............UConn needs a "strong" aggressive banger who can compete under the basket and I think Strong would be most helpful in that regard......

Reaction Score
Eh if Sarah doesn’t commit to unc this week her recruitment as far I know is wide open. Sure it’s not good to see her visit unc on the week of nsd but it also was rumored she may not sign till spring.

So she could end up at UCONN, LSU, UNC, Louisville, Oregon, UCLA whichever one

Reaction Score
Eh if Sarah doesn’t commit to unc this week her recruitment as far I know is wide open. Sure it’s not good to see her visit unc on the week of nsd but it also was rumored she may not sign till spring.

So she could end up at UCONN, LSU, UNC, Louisville, Oregon, UCLA whichever one
Or anywhere else

Reaction Score
Yep. Far as I’m concerned we are still in it for both Cambridge and Strong. While I don’t think we are likely for either ( there’s been no chatter) neither has eliminated us yet.

Reaction Score
Yep. Far as I’m concerned we are still in it for both Cambridge and Strong. While I don’t think we are likely for either ( there’s been no chatter) neither has eliminated us yet.
Cambridge has eliminated UConn. She announced her top 7 in June and we weren’t in it.

Reaction Score
Since you made the connection, if we lose Arianna and Sarah after they attend First Night, I think it revives the debate on First Night itself.
Many say oh it's just a fun night for the students, and don't get too bent out of shape if some student run organization messes up on a few things in the presentation.

That may be it's main purpose, but it is also clearly part of the recruiting process. The program has control over the rest of the recruiting process, but First Night gets farmed out so to speak. We want to put our best foot forward on everything related to recruiting but First Night if run poorly, may be far more of a negative than a positive in the recruiting process.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It might be just me, but sometimes the High Schools kids now a days are pretty selfish. I know to her, Sarah knows it is all about her, and she can wait as long as it takes for schools to fall all over her and wait until the last moment to commit. But, to the schools, further recruitment of other players may be put on hold while waiting for her decision. If a school doesn't get her, others who may have been replacement could be committed to others while they are waiting for her. I think if you know where you want to go, call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom