UConn recruiting speculation part 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting speculation part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a question for those out there (many, I’m sure) who know more about this stuff. What happens if Paige, Aaliyah, and Aubrey decide to come back? That, I believe, would put us at 15 with Allie and Morgan. If that were to happen, and (unlikely, I know) then Sarah Strong called up Geno and said, “I want to commit” , he’d have to turn her down, right?
Or, is there something (honorable) he could do to make space for her?

Reaction Score
I have a question for those out there (many, I’m sure) who know more about this stuff. What happens if Paige, Aaliyah, and Aubrey decide to come back? That, I believe, would put us at 15 with Allie and Morgan. If that were to happen, and (unlikely, I know) then Sarah Strong called up Geno and said, “I want to commit” , he’d have to turn her down, right?
Or, is there something (honorable) he could do to make space for her?
I think the limit is 15, and if everyone who can conceivably stay -- which includes Aubrey Aaliyah Nika Paige -- stays, then we'd be 1 over with just Allie and Morgan. In order for there to be room for Sarah and Emely to commit to UConn, at least 3 of the 4 mentioned above cannot return. That's the arithmetic as I understand it. If Aaliyah and Nika enter the draft, that would make room enough for Sarah or Emely, but not both. There's room for both only if either Paige or Aubrey also departs. But I'm bad with numbers so someone else ought to check it. I am relying on @BRS24's tracking of these numbers, as in this post:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Reminder: This is a recruiting thread, not a "here's who will probably leave thread."

Assume every player eligible to return, will return.

Discussions about whether a player may, should, or will stay or go could affect recruiting and/or the player's ability to earn NIL money.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do wonder how much Paige’s comments today help or hurt the recruitment of Sarah Strong. If they have any impact at all.

Reaction Score
I just saw that Sarah Strong followed a Harvard player today on Instagram. I don’t put much stock in social media activity, but didn’t know if there had been any news of her taking a visit to Harvard recently that might explain a follow?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
As far as Paige only goes, I think her comments are likely to be a positive. Strong is not competing with Paige for a position and is the type of layer who likely appreciates the possibilities of playing with another brilliant, unselfish player!
+1

Reaction Score
I just saw that Sarah Strong followed a Harvard player today on Instagram. I don’t put much stock in social media activity, but didn’t know if there had been any news of her taking a visit to Harvard recently that might explain a follow?
Mom probably gave her a tour.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please note that temery, the site owner, has reminded us to stay on topic. This is not a thread to discuss who might stay/go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom