UConn recruiting page | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting page

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks Coco! Do you know what HS Ms Eaton attended in Arkansas? Thanks.
Annie Camp HS.
Speaking of HS, I was saving this tidbit for the next update. Saniya Rivers attends the same HS in NC that Michael Jordan went to.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Plenty of room for UCONN to add Sonia Citron in 2021. But she'll have plenty of competition for a wing bomber position from Brooke Demetre, Caroline Ducharme, and my personal favorite Saylor Poffenbarger.
Poffenbarger has a nasty swag to her game- the good kind of nasty.
Some great names in that group.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Heres where we are in recruiting. In the ole days its was between UConn and Tenn for the top players. Today the top players are coached by their HS and AAU coaches to list the top schools and wait and wait to see who goes where and where they can go and play either right away or a year later. I would expect over the next few years you will see girls transfer if for example two top players go to a school and a third player announces before the player ahead of her commits. Coaches will have to grant playtime if they want top 10 players and they will have to find time to keep them there. Its like playing cards. The days have gone for the most part to get top players and double down on positions. Many girls want to play to get professional contracts. I would guess that UConn has more non starters playing professional then and other college team in the USA. However girls want playtime and at some colleges they wont get it in big games. The connections that some of us had in the past dont have the answers as quickly as they did in the past because players wait it out. For example if EDD and Maya committed to UConn there would be a bunch of kids committing somewhere else because they know they wouldnt start over them. Make sense. Things have changed and the top players still want to play for the top teams but dont wanna sit for more then a year some dont wanna sit at all and thats where it all begins. UConn is loaded and will be always loaded as long as Geno is there. The transition will be when Geno leaves and will he still have a voice in what goes on and how the program is run . The key is Geno for UConn and if he stays on to help develop teach and train the incoming classes. Geno is to valuable to UConn and the State of CT. He brings in revenues in TV the NCAAs tournaments TV sales of UCONN WCBB clothing parking restaurants etc. He is a valuable asset to the State of CT and they will not let him go they will want to cash in on his draw.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Heres where we are in recruiting. In the ole days its was between UConn and Tenn for the top players. Today the top players are coached by their HS and AAU coaches to list the top schools and wait and wait to see who goes where and where they can go and play either right away or a year later. I would expect over the next few years you will see girls transfer if for example two top players go to a school and a third player announces before the player ahead of her commits. Coaches will have to grant playtime if they want top 10 players and they will have to find time to keep them there. Its like playing cards. The days have gone for the most part to get top players and double down on positions. Many girls want to play to get professional contracts. I would guess that UConn has more non starters playing professional then and other college team in the USA. However girls want playtime and at some colleges they wont get it in big games. The connections that some of us had in the past dont have the answers as quickly as they did in the past because players wait it out. For example if EDD and Maya committed to UConn there would be a bunch of kids committing somewhere else because they know they wouldnt start over them. Make sense. Things have changed and the top players still want to play for the top teams but dont wanna sit for more then a year some dont wanna sit at all and thats where it all begins. UConn is loaded and will be always loaded as long as Geno is there. The transition will be when Geno leaves and will he still have a voice in what goes on and how the program is run . The key is Geno for UConn and if he stays on to help develop teach and train the incoming classes. Geno is to valuable to UConn and the State of CT. He brings in revenues in TV the NCAAs tournaments TV sales of UCONN WCBB clothing parking restaurants etc. He is a valuable asset to the State of CT and they will not let him go they will want to cash in on his draw.
I fear Tonyc that this won't get the exposure it deserves. It should be in the 2019/20 recruiting thread. It will get more discussion there. Great post by the way.

Reaction Score

Great stuff Tony!!!!
There no doubt the Women players , as do the men, want PT. Heck I wasn't much but I wanted to play the game. If I wanted to watch I'd be a fan or out on the pole shooting hoops. I can't blame them and I won't. These Women have a lot more talent than 15 or so years ago and talent doesn't do well sitting. Too bad the JV system is extinct that system would work wonders for the Geno's in the game. Top kids always got moved up others got a year to learn the system. Geno does that but his kids don't get the JV PT of daze gone bye and that's hard on the ego's and backside..

Reaction Score
Let's face it. It's Boston or BUST with regards to the 2019 future class. UCONN has not been winning titles lately because of their lack of size & physical play when it really counts. Notre Dame will only get better in this regard. Uconn needs Boston to compete for championships going forward.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let's face it. It's Boston or BUST with regards to the 2019 future class. UCONN has not been winning titles lately because of their lack of size & physical play when it really counts. Notre Dame will only get better in this regard. Uconn needs Boston to compete for championships going forward.
How/where is ND getting better than UCONN in the post in the future? UCONN has ONO in the post for the next 4 years, ND has?

Reaction Score
How/where is ND getting better than UCONN in the post in the future? UCONN has ONO in the post for the next 4 years, ND has?

That question will be answered after MS Boston makes her decision..................Boston and ONO up front together would be quite formidable................without her not nearly as much.............should she choose ND from a low post standpoint, advantage ND

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom