UConn recruiting page | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting page

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just saw on Haley Jones Instagram story that she is at UConn right now. Story shows her in gampel. Guess that is come good news!

Mentioned in the 19-20 recruit and Nike EYBL threads.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have updated the recruiting page and sent @HuskyNan a copy a few days ago. I'm assuming she is very busy so if anyone is interested in an update of the recruiting page please send me a PM with an Email and I will send you the updates.

Reaction Score
Just a heads up that Jordan Horston tweeted out her finalists not too long ago: Ohio State; Tenn; SC; Louisville; UCLA; UNC; and UCONN.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just a heads up that Jordan Horston tweeted out her finalists not too long ago: Ohio State; Tenn; SC; Louisville; UCLA; UNC; and UCONN.
Do you think you can copy the tweet in this thread and the 2019/20 recruiting thread also. Whole lot of people will be interested.
If you are talking this it was from a while ago.
DhC9h5xXkAg-tkK.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“Right now I have a final seven,” she informed 270 Hoops. “In no particular order those schools are Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville and UConn.”

She’s hoping that one of these schools can provide her with what she’s looking for, a winning-culture that’s family-oriented.

“I want to play with other girls that are good players who have the same mindset,” she said. “I also want a coach that knows how to push me and help me become a better player. I’m always just trying to work on everything, but I don’t want to be the same player in college I want to get better.”

If Horston can improve, she definitely has a shot to reach her ultimate goal, the WBNA, where she may get a chance to match up with two her favorite players, Maya Moore and Kelsey Mitchell.

She's Got Game: Jordan Horston is the top basketball prospect in Columbus

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Been a busy couple of months for recruiting. Just to organize the minutia Here are the major updates:

Addition to 2020:
Elauna Eaton 5’11” AR SG. Lefty from AR with a scoring mentality. Sound familiar? Recovering from knee injury, played well at USA basketball U17 trials.

Additions for 2021:
Olivia Miles 5’8” NJ Scoring PG. Projected to be no lower than 4th in the 2021 class when rankings are announced. UCONN is watching closely and Philly Belles are in pursuit for her to join that AAU program.
Destiny Adams 6’1” NJ Wing- UCONN has seen her play multiple time and are still looking.
Saniya Rivers 5’10” NC SG- Uber athletic & pretty much running things in the South.
Sonia Citron 6’1” NY Wing Pretty pretty stroke. Major interest from Maryland University, Notre Dame, & UCONN.
Updates.
Aubrey Griffin NY- UCONN staff watched her play at Run For The Roses 5 July 2018 and officially offered. Griffin reportedly considering Louisville Connecticut, North Carolina, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
Caroline Ducharme-Geno watched her play in Chicago at Nike Nationals where she had a good showing. Still wearing a knee brace though.
Kylee Watson- Add UCLA as a possible destination. Un-official visit to UCLA on 27 June 2018
Correction:
Amari DeBerry- previously reported to have visited UCONN-Not correct. Amari attended the Maryland vs UCONN game on 19 November 2017 at the XL center and was pictured with Geno post game.

Reaction Score
Been a busy couple of months for recruiting. Just to organize the minutia Here are the major updates:

Addition to 2020:
Elauna Eaton 5’11” AR SG. Lefty from AR with a scoring mentality. Sound familiar? Recovering from knee injury, played well at USA basketball U17 trials.

Additions for 2021:
Olivia Miles 5’8” NJ Scoring PG. Projected to be no lower than 4th in the 2021 class when rankings are announced. UCONN is watching closely and Philly Belles are in pursuit for her to join that AAU program.
Destiny Adams 6’1” NJ Wing- UCONN has seen her play multiple time and are still looking.
Saniya Rivers 5’10” NC SG- Uber athletic & pretty much running things in the South.
Sonia Citron 6’1” NY Wing Pretty pretty stroke. Major interest from Maryland University, Notre Dame, & UCONN.
Updates.
Aubrey Griffin NY- UCONN staff watched her play at Run For The Roses 5 July 2018 and officially offered. Griffin reportedly considering Louisville Connecticut, North Carolina, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
Caroline Ducharme-Geno watched her play in Chicago at Nike Nationals where she had a good showing. Still wearing a knee brace though.
Kylee Watson- Add UCLA as a possible destination. Un-official visit to UCLA on 27 June 2018
Correction:
Amari DeBerry- previously reported to have visited UCONN-Not correct. Amari attended the Maryland vs UCONN game on 19 November 2017 at the XL center and was pictured with Geno post game.
Would like to see UConn find room for Citron. She could open up an awful lot of paint on offense with that shot just like KML did.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Would like to see UConn find room for Citron. She could open up an awful lot of paint on offense with that shot just like KML did.
Plenty of room for UCONN to add Sonia Citron in 2021. But she'll have plenty of competition for a wing bomber position from Brooke Demetre, Caroline Ducharme, and my personal favorite Saylor Poffenbarger.
Poffenbarger has a nasty swag to her game- the good kind of nasty.

Reaction Score
Plenty of room for UCONN to add Sonia Citron in 2021. But she'll have plenty of competition for a wing bomber position from Brooke Demetre, Caroline Ducharme, and my personal favorite Saylor Poffenbarger.

I see Poffenbarger is rated very highly by BlueStar but doesn't even get a mention on Hoopgurlz..........do you think that's just an oversight on their part or a differing opinion?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I see Poffenbarger is rated very highly by BlueStar but doesn't even get a mention on Hoopgurlz.....do you think that's just an oversight on their part or a differing opinion?
Dan and ESPN staff will not rate (mention) a player until they have seen them play (sometimes multiple times). Likely ESPN have not seen her play yet. She's class of 2021 plenty of time.

Reaction Score
Agree. Really like P-Barger, she and Citron seem very similar. Would like either one along with Demetre. Is Demetre a good enough ballhandler to play on the perimeter or more of a stretch 4?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agree. Really like P-Barger, she and Citron seem very similar. Would like either one along with Demetre. Is Demetre a good enough ballhandler to play on the perimeter or more of a stretch 4?
From the very little that I have seen Demetre will need to become a better ball handler. Poffenbarger and Citron though are very advanced ball handlers and could play position 1-3 fluidly. Part of Poffenbarger nasty is her step back three.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Horston expected to visit Tennessee with Cooke and Jackson the weekend of Aug 24.

Reaction Score
From the very little that I have seen Demetre will need to become a better ball handler. Poffenbarger and Citron though are very advanced ball handlers and could play position 1-3 fluidly. Part of Poffenbarger nasty is her step back three.
Hope they get at least 1 of the 2. They remind me of one of my previous favorites, Sammie Puisis. Really wanted her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Horston expected to visit Tennessee with Cooke and Jackson the weekend of Aug 24.
I feel obligated to remind Jordan of her pervious statements on these matters and inquire as to why she is even visiting TN.

I really like to pass the ball and get my teammates involved,” she said. “The best part of my game right now is probably my passing and defense."

“I want to play with other girls that are good players who have the same mindset,” she said. “I also want a coach that knows how to push me and help me become a better player. I’m always just trying to work on everything, but I don’t want to be the same player in college I want to get better.”

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
What about Jillian Hollingshead for 2021?

Reaction Score
I feel obligated to remind Jordan of her pervious statements on these matters and inquire as to why she is even visiting TN.

I really like to pass the ball and get my teammates involved,” she said. “The best part of my game right now is probably my passing and defense."

Tennessee is one of the only programs I'm aware of where most players actually get worse during the course of their four years.......

Reaction Score

Addition to 2020:

Additions for 2021:
Updates.
Correction:
Thanks Coco! Do you know what HS Ms Eaton attended in Arkansas? Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom