UConn recruiting page | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting page

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I can't think of any reason on the surface that UConn would lose interest in Brunelle. Unless they just like others (Amihere, Jones) more and are really confident they can get them? I dunno.

Reaction Score
I can't think of any reason on the surface that UConn would lose interest in Brunelle. Unless they just like others (Amihere, Jones) more and are really confident they can get them? I dunno.

It doesn't seem like Geno's style to leave a recruit with an offer hanging.........if he wanted to rescind the offer I'm sure he would tell the recruit why....the only way would be if she told UConn she was no longer interested............

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem like Geno's style to leave a recruit with an offer hanging....if he wanted to rescind the offer I'm sure he would tell the recruit why....the only way would be if she told UConn she was no longer interested..

I hope not , this girl is one hell of a player.

Reaction Score
I would laugh IF after all this indication that Brunelle is going to ND that she ends up picking UCONN. But on a serious note, I will wish her the best of luck wherever she chooses to go. It does make sense though that with Turner, Shepard, Mabrey, and Ogunbowale departing after next season, there's a strong case that ND would be a right fit for her

Reaction Score
I did a quick update of the names we have as being recruited by UConn. This page is a work in progress. I just uploaded screen shots of my Excel worksheet since so many people don't have Google accounts and can't access Google docs. So, this is a very preliminary page BUT I did want to get the info out there.

Recruiting site
Is there any interest in Kamilla Cardosa ? I'm just curious.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there any interest in Kamilla Cardosa ? I'm just curious.
No documented UCONN interest so far. I think I'm the only one that has been trying to get UCONN interested. Cardosa is only a Sophomore and recently played a couple of games on ESPN. Lots of size and fairly mobile post, but lacking strength, polish, and technique in the post to dominate like her size would dictate. At this point don't see a good reason for UCONN to get in this mix especially with Brink & Marshall in that class-2020 and Deberry a year later in 2021.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
April 11 is the National Letter of Intent early signing day.

If UConn's back to back semi-final losses have had an impact on recruiting, it may show up then.

I know Williams and ONO were last-minute additions for the 2018 class but it would sure feel good to wrap up some 2019 players early.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
April 11 is the National Letter of Intent early signing day.

If UConn's back to back semi-final losses have had an impact on recruiting, it may show up then.

I know Williams and ONO were last-minute additions for the 2018 class but it would sure feel good to wrap up some 2019 players early.
I thought April 11 was the beginning of the "late" signing period for the 2018 kids. I don't think 2019 kids can sign until November 2018. But they can verbal at any time.

Reaction Score
Nice feature on Sam Brunelle in a regional paper here in VA

FC13AB9F-26C0-4D62-BC82-D0AAF1C92260.jpeg

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem like Geno's style to leave a recruit with an offer hanging....if he wanted to rescind the offer I'm sure he would tell the recruit why....the only way would be if she told UConn she was no longer interested..

The ND Insider reported that Brunelle said that UConn DID give her an offer. She said the report in the Courant that UConn never extended an offer was not correct.

"Brunelle’s competitive edge could have been tested Sunday, when shortly after her commitment announcement, a report in the Hartford Courant, citing unnamed sources, claimed the Huskies hadn’t offered Brunelle a scholarship.

That was news to Brunelle, who last visited UConn in December.

“They did offer me. I went on a visit (in 2016) and sat with (head coach) Geno (Auriemma), and he told me,” Brunelle said. “That’s false information.”"

The link: Top-ranked recruit Samantha Brunelle was ready to commit to Notre Dame before national title

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The ND Insider reported that Brunelle said that UConn DID give her an offer. She said the report in the Courant that UConn never extended an offer was not correct.

"Brunelle’s competitive edge could have been tested Sunday, when shortly after her commitment announcement, a report in the Hartford Courant, citing unnamed sources, claimed the Huskies hadn’t offered Brunelle a scholarship.
That was news to Brunelle, who last visited UConn in December.
“They did offer me. I went on a visit (in 2016) and sat with (head coach) Geno (Auriemma), and he told me,” Brunelle said. “That’s false information.”"
The link: Top-ranked recruit Samantha Brunelle was ready to commit to Notre Dame before national title

Pull.png

Reaction Score
From The Hartford Courant here today...
Top Recruit Chooses Notre Dame, UConn Women Focused Elsewhere
I'll miss nobody Geno and the staff pass on......I do wish her a good career unless playing us. ;)
At the risk of sounding negative, why is it that most recruits we don't get are positioned as having been passed on by Geno? This appears to be a clear case of a recruit passing on UConn. It does happen. ;)

Reaction Score
At the risk of sounding negative, why is it that most recruits we don't get are positioned as having been passed on by Geno? This appears to be a clear case of a recruit passing on UConn. It does happen. ;)

from what I understand about UConn recruiting, there are very few recruits who check all of the boxes each year...................perhaps somewhere under 10.............out of that number he hopes to pick up 2-4 per class...................so you could say that UConn doesn't even consider the vast majority of DI recruits and out of the very few some say yes and a very few don't......

Reaction Score

Clearly one of the great mysteries of life...........if UConn doesn't get Jones it goes from mystery to mistakes............

Reaction Score
I don’t understand uconn’s failure to recruit a center for sooo long. Trying to get by with a 5-11 playing center was fascinating but not realistic. Not having a big puts tremendous pressure on the entire defense trying to cover the lane...you must double which always leaves someone open.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand uconn’s failure to recruit a center for sooo long. Trying to get by with a 5-11 playing center was fascinating but not realistic. Not having a big puts tremendous pressure on the entire defense trying to cover the lane...you must double which always leaves someone open.

I think the dorm beds are too short.................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Clearly one of the great mysteries of life......if UConn doesn't get Jones it goes from mystery to mistakes..
Just a question
Since UConn lost contact with SB early in 2018 according to some here (DOLPHAN) would the fact we went after EZI Macbegor in that time frame. Might there be some connection between these 2 events?

Reaction Score
Just a question
Since UConn lost contact with SB early in 2018 according to some here (DOLPHAN) would the fact we went after EZI Macbegor in that time frame. Might there be some connection between these 2 events?

I wouldn't think so as they play different positions plus the odds of getting Ezi were never that great anyway.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom